Giant Tiger Employee Reviews for Cashier

great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 September 2017
Benefits are available, hours and pay are decent, the work environment is amazing the employee are great, room for growth in the company. Working at Giant Tiger was a great experience.
benefits
Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK6 September 2017
Great work environment, fun staff. Enjoyable atmosphere. Room for adavancement. Resonable wage. The area could use improvement but overall it is a great place to work,
A great job for a student
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alberta12 July 2017
It was pretty slow paced, this job is more for elderly or students. There was no way to advance, everyone is cashiers and their is a manager of the store.
Pros
The deals
Cons
No advancement
productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 May 2017
The manager of this establishment was excellent. I found myself in a situation and he offered to help.Great place to work, friendly environment and great staff
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB5 April 2017
I really enjoyed the staff I worked with , and our mascot we have to wear for the kids sometimes , they rerenavated store and fixed Camaras so that's a bonus .
Pros
Free food In break room
Cons
Have to stay later
Fun and productive
Fashion Associate / cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 March 2017
prepping the fashion. making sure its hung up and put in its proper department , assisting customers and processing customers orders and recovering the store at end of shift
Great work environment, fun and friendly employees.
Retail associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kings Point plaza28 March 2017
Very welcoming community amongst Giant Tiger associates. It's like a family. So many regular customers that you always seem to crack a smile though the your shift. My favourite thing about working at Giant Tiger is that we are very jolly and celebrate almost every holiday and birthday. The team at Giant Tiger is very hard working and dependable.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB27 March 2017
SHow up at least 15/20 minutes before my actual shift.
I learned about handling cash.
Managment was good.
The hardest part of the job is showing up each day working different shifts.
The most enjoyable part of working there was meeting new people.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Working various shifts.
Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 March 2017
This was a nice placement. Mmy co-workers were very helpful. My manager helped me learn how to do my job with efficiently. We wirked as a team and got through the day with little issues.
Fun and respectable workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON17 January 2017
Giant Tiger is a fast paced environment and every day is different so it is difficult to describe a typical day. I am a part-time employee so my schedule changes weekly so every day is not the same. However, I spend most of my time cashing customers through the register. I also work the customer service desk. At the service desk I handle returns and exchanges, as well as operating the lottery machine and tobacco purchases. When there are few customers I stock shelves that are in the cash area, mostly chocolate bars, candy and chips. While on cash we (my fellow cashiers and I) work together to make sure that hangers that come though the cash are being sorted and that we are not running out of shopping bags at each register. When there are no customers I face shelves and clean the cash area. When I work a night shift it is the cashiers job to clean all the cash register areas and restock bags. If there is seemingly nothing for me to do at cash, I speak with the manager on duty to see if there are any jobs I can do for them or if any other departments need assistance with anything.

Working at Giant Tiger has taught me quite a few things. It has taught me patients when handling frustrated customers. I have learned great communication skills while assisting customers with their purchases and questions they may have. I also learned great time management skills to ensure that all tasks I am given are completed by the end of my shift.

The management at Giant Tiger are AMAZING! They are extremely nice and always willing to help you with anything you need and are always eager to
  more... answer and questions you may have, They are considerate of any issues you may have and are so kind when you come to them to ask about anything.

My co-workers are wonderful. I'm sure it is probably unheard of but honestly everyone gets along. I have made some great friends working at Giant Tiger and am so thankful to have had the opportunity to be a part of this team.

The hardest part of the job was having to leave it. I absolutely loved working at Giant Tiger and would recommend it to anyone.

The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the co-workers. They made the job fun. It made the day go by faster. It was something to look forward to going to because you got to spend the day with amazing and funny and all around good people. I cannot think of a day where I went to work and wasn't laughing and having a good time. I will miss them.
Pros
Discounts, Amazing co-workers
Cons
Schedules are given out less than a week in advance

Want to know more about Giant Tiger?

Ask a question
Okay workplace, great co-workers, not so great management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 June 2016
- Typical Day: Serving customers and stocking shelves
- Learned: Be quick
- Management: Not so good, took a few tries to get specific dates off
- Co-workers: Agreeable, fun to work with
- Hardest Part: Balancing serving customers and keeping cash clean
- Most Enjoyable: Can't think of one, subject to anything
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
No water allowed at cash
Fun Workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Caglary15 June 2016
Giant tiger is a fun place to work, there is a steady flow of customers which allows for rest and relaxation. The employees are fun and caring individuals who all aspire to make you feel welcome at home. Giant tiger is a great place to work.
good workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  The Pas, MB31 May 2016
nice to a job with giant tiger
learn so many new things which are good for success
good management
good co workers
enjoy a day when work with my duty
A great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 May 2016
A typical day at work for myself would just be bagging groceries for customers, giving quality customer service, cleaning my till, sometimes organizing products and clothing hangers, and dealing with money. The most important thing I learned was how to deal with other people (customers) and how to talk to people. I used to be shy and from this job I became outgoing and I had the chance to talk to people and listen to customers stories on daily basis. My co-workers were wonderful, like a big family which I loved. Management could be intimidating but were always respectable. The hardest part of my job was the scheduling and the most enjoyable was being with my customers as I made good friends and they made my day better.
Pros
Great staff, store, and location
Cons
Bad Scheduling
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 April 2016
Giant Tiger was overall a fun place to work at the fellow employees were great to work with, they were very flexible and it was always a joy going into work!
Interesting Company
Part-Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 March 2016
Typical shift - front end cash, restocking shelves
Good management team
Co-workers are friendly
Hardest part of job - standing for long periods
Most enjoyable part of job - customer interaction
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Not enough hours
Giant Tiger
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON18 February 2016
I had a great time here working at Giant Tiger . They treated me with respect and taught me all the information i needed to come on board with their team .
Productive work setting
Cashier/Fashion (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB17 February 2016
Lots of departments to work in which gave me diversity. Co-workers varied from moody to extremely nice although I personally never had an issue with anyone, Management were fair and nice.
Pros
discounts
Cons
lack of hours
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 January 2016
I've had jobs in the past that I dreaded getting up to go to but they paid the bills. Giant Tiger is a place I can see myself reapplying at in the future and I would still be there if it weren't for the fact that I was only a seasonal hire. I was happy to get up, even on the coldest mornings to go to work. The staff made me feel welcome and the customers were great.
The only hard thing about any retail job is dealing with difficult customers but the supervisors and managers were fantastic and were always there to lend a hand when it was needed.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Retail (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2016
It was a enjoyable job, my co-workers were always helpful, i learned a lot in that place as cashier. The hardest part i would say nothing