Giant Tiger

Giant Tiger Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun workplace,
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: discount
nice environment
it was a good place to work
I enjoyed working there it was fun I was doing retail which is what I like......
Childrens place
Fashion rep. / Cashier (Former Employee), Square oneMarch 9, 2015
I would serve customers needs. Cash them out and restock the floors and make displays. I would do inventory and cover staff shifts.
Fun and challenging place to work
Sales and Customer Service/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Smithville, ONMarch 5, 2015
Pros: 10% store discount
Cons: not enough hours
opening/closing of store. Manage manpower and assign duties daily. Assist in all areas of store to help all team members complete tasks effectively and efficiently. Meet with the customers and assist them in anyway possible. I enjoyed the sense of team. Helping my co-workers and them helping me with daily tasks. It was my personal challenge to try and build the team aspect as much as possible. I formed many close relationships with my co-workers and spent time with them on a personal level as well as professional. The hardest part of my job would be dealing with upset customers and not being able to assist them to solve their problems. The most enjoyable was the people! I enjoy working with people in all manners.
great company
Fashion Supervisor (Former Employee), mississaugaMarch 5, 2015
i loved working with giant tiger it was a fun company that really cared for there employees. where ever we needed help they were always there for us
flexible work hours
sales representitive (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 1, 2015
Giant tiger was very helpful with working around my school and other
schedules in order to optimize my available work hours over the years.
Love the fast pace and the people
Grocery Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere and good co workers
Cons: long hours on salary
unload truck and put away stock. Learned merchandising and cash office
schelduling of staff and their needs
long hours was the hardest part
loved working with my co workers
Giant Tiger
Department 9 & 6 Supervisor (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Great place to work. I was employed with Giant tiger all throughout my high school years and my college years. Provided lots of opportunities to advance.
Productive and fun work atmosphere
GENERAL MERCHANDISE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), The Pas, MBFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: customers/merchandising
Cons: never enough time in the day
I enjoy providing for customers and merchandising was extremely fun and was pretty much done on a daily basis as our product was never the same in my department.
alright work some staff unfriendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: long hours
not a bad job managers are great staff not so much not really much opportunity for advancement other than that not so bad would recommend for a first job or in need of easy work
productive and fun
Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: interacting with people
Cons: no set weekly hours
My co-workers were great people to work with, I got along with everyone, great people to talk to, met new people on daily basis. The management crew were also great. I don't know what else to write, they were just all around good people
Workplace
Cashier/ Fashion (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJanuary 24, 2015
Wonderful work place, with great employee's. Training staff could be improved and given employers more time to absorb store information in order to work their best.
customer service represtative
CASHIER (Former Employee), Thompson, MBJanuary 22, 2015
Tuesdays is typical day at work , as it had many paper work.
learned out sourcing strategies and understanding clients needs.
management was best.
managed front end sales and cashiers along with opening and closing duties of the store
Supervisor/cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: discount on goods
Cons: was always evening shifts ....
my duties were in charge of the cashiers and there transactions as well as any pick ups ...other duties were customer service such as customer inquiries ...refunds ....answering phones ....lottery ....balancing the safe and any other technical difficulties that could arise ...Most of the time was in-charge of closing out the store and all cashiers .The part i enjoyed most of the job was overcoming any hard situations made the day more rewarding ....the part i least enjoyed was when there were situations as 3 girls didnt show up for there shift with out any notice and then having a busy night with only tow cashes available and then having yo jump on cash yourself for 85% of your shift your work as a supervisor cant get competed ... with saying this still was able to function and still compete all duties at some point in the evening with very little errors
Fun and friendly work environment
Fashion/Cashier (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 15, 2015
I worked as a fashion employee and worked through Christmas so my day was typically busy and very rushed. The co-workers were very understanding and nice. I learned to work at a fast pace, under pressure, gained confidence and improved my social skills The most enjoyable part of my job was having the opportunity to work with such great people and to have gained work experience.
It was good
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), jeffersonJanuary 14, 2015
I was going to this job site for school. I was in a program for work exsperince. I like the job, I had to organized clothes and stock work. I thought this job was enjoyble. The thought this job was easy. I was only working there for a couple of weeks. I didn't get paid it was for marks for class.
very fast and hard on the back and feet
fashion retail (Former Employee), Truro, NSJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: very long hours
the job is fast the co-workers arn't all the social , its hard on the back and feet from walking around all day and standing and can only sit for an hour on lunch and for 10 mins on a break , lots of clothes to be sized hung and unpacked and marked , had to do a walka round to make sure everything everything was put in the right spot against the same colour , and make sure no one was stealing , I wouldn't do this job again cause I didn't enjoy that enviroment
good job
BRANCH SCHEDULER / ADMINISTRATION (Former Employee), winnipeg mbDecember 6, 2014
Pros: good job
Cons: wouldnt let me claim wcb
stocked shelfs dept head loved it left no wcb wouldnt let me claim wcb for knee injury
fun working with fashion
Fashion Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 3, 2014
Pros: many breaks, friendly environment
I loved to work in fashion, helping others out with advice about clothing was amazing. Overall I loved being helpful. Everyone there was nice and welcome me in with open arms, helped me find my way, showed me what to do and where everything was. It was the first time in a long time I didn't complain about going to work everyday.
Good place to work, freindly staff
General Labourer (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONNovember 10, 2014
Pros: flexible part-time scheduling
Cons: short hours, no benefits
I worked there just over a year and never had a problem with any of my co-workers or superiors. Booking time off for dental or medical appointments was never a problem and as easy as filling out one piece of paper. Being a retail establishment, the scheduling was very flexible, but part time staff typically were scheduled less than 16 hours per week, and only employees averaging more than 25 hours per week were eligible for benefits.

Mostly my job centred around stocking the shelves, doing cash, ensuring grocery stock was properly rotated both on the sales floor and in the back storage areas, and to verify deliveries, making sure to note deviations from the order (shortages or overages).
Great Company To Work For During Continuing Education
Customer Service (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 5, 2014
Cashier. Worked customer service, which dealt with returns/lottery/ and tobacco. Amazing co-workers and managment. Great company to grown with and be part of a team.

1 2 3 4 5