Giant Tiger

Giant Tiger Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Shockingly weak management and poor corporate culture
Merchandising (Former Employee), OttawaApril 5, 2015
Very glad to be out of there. It was a soul-crushing experience and I'm much happier now. Highly disfunctional atmosphere.
Productive and Enjoyable Workplace
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee), Acton, ONMarch 31, 2015
I would serve customers, handle their complaints and needs, as well as manage the cashiers that were placed on cash during my shift. I was required to start up and unlock the front of the store, as well as close it when my shift was done. The management was fantastic, one of the best employers I could of had. The staff was easy to get along with and helpful when it came to solving problems or if you needed help. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to be surrounded by people.
working with good people
Fashion Associate (Current Employee), Lower Sackville, NSMarch 31, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: no room for advancement at my location
i enjoy working with the staff as well as the customer base. its great when they know you by name and seek your advice about thier choices weather its choosing a gift for a friend, a trip away, an important interview or even a casual day at home they value my opiniion and honesty. For me merchandising the store is like rearranging a giant closet and I love doing it. People always find new treasures that they may have missed on thier last visit simply because I have changed thier location.
a lot of responsibility
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee), Stratford, ONMarch 30, 2015
Pros: friendly people
Cons: didnt get enough hours
As a casher supervisor you have to be extra friendly but be abl to clearly follow all the rules and regulations of the store. need to be able to pay close attendtion to the cashiers and he availble for when ever they may need help.
Sales Associate
Customer Service Associate (Co-Op) (Former Employee), Picton, ONMarch 29, 2015
I loved my co-operative experience at Giant Tiger. I started when they were doing renovations so I always had a different job to do every day. The majority of the jobs I did for the renovations, was cleaning the new shelves so they were spotless.
My co-workers were all very nice and gave me helpful tips when they were needed.
Basic Retail
Fashion Department Head (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Many Locations
Cons: Minimum Wage positions
This is a good place to work in different Departments.
Easy jobs and on hand experience.
A good starter position for any further positions.
New and intriguing experience
Sales associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, OntarioMarch 17, 2015
I learned how to work cash, hang and prep the clothing and how to be team player. A very good opportunity to start my experience in the work place.
fun workplace,
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: discount
nice environment
it was a good place to work
I enjoyed working there it was fun I was doing retail which is what I like......
Childrens place
Fashion rep. / Cashier (Former Employee), Square oneMarch 9, 2015
I would serve customers needs. Cash them out and restock the floors and make displays. I would do inventory and cover staff shifts.
Fun and challenging place to work
Sales and Customer Service/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Smithville, ONMarch 5, 2015
Pros: 10% store discount
Cons: not enough hours
opening/closing of store. Manage manpower and assign duties daily. Assist in all areas of store to help all team members complete tasks effectively and efficiently. Meet with the customers and assist them in anyway possible. I enjoyed the sense of team. Helping my co-workers and them helping me with daily tasks. It was my personal challenge to try and build the team aspect as much as possible. I formed many close relationships with my co-workers and spent time with them on a personal level as well as professional. The hardest part of my job would be dealing with upset customers and not being able to assist them to solve their problems. The most enjoyable was the people! I enjoy working with people in all manners.
great company
Fashion Supervisor (Former Employee), mississaugaMarch 5, 2015
i loved working with giant tiger it was a fun company that really cared for there employees. where ever we needed help they were always there for us
flexible work hours
sales representitive (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 1, 2015
Giant tiger was very helpful with working around my school and other
schedules in order to optimize my available work hours over the years.
Love the fast pace and the people
Grocery Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere and good co workers
Cons: long hours on salary
unload truck and put away stock. Learned merchandising and cash office
schelduling of staff and their needs
long hours was the hardest part
loved working with my co workers
Giant Tiger
Department 9 & 6 Supervisor (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Great place to work. I was employed with Giant tiger all throughout my high school years and my college years. Provided lots of opportunities to advance.
Productive and fun work atmosphere
GENERAL MERCHANDISE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), The Pas, MBFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: customers/merchandising
Cons: never enough time in the day
I enjoy providing for customers and merchandising was extremely fun and was pretty much done on a daily basis as our product was never the same in my department.
alright work some staff unfriendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: long hours
not a bad job managers are great staff not so much not really much opportunity for advancement other than that not so bad would recommend for a first job or in need of easy work
productive and fun
Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: interacting with people
Cons: no set weekly hours
My co-workers were great people to work with, I got along with everyone, great people to talk to, met new people on daily basis. The management crew were also great. I don't know what else to write, they were just all around good people
Workplace
Cashier/ Fashion (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJanuary 24, 2015
Wonderful work place, with great employee's. Training staff could be improved and given employers more time to absorb store information in order to work their best.
customer service represtative
CASHIER (Former Employee), Thompson, MBJanuary 22, 2015
Tuesdays is typical day at work , as it had many paper work.
learned out sourcing strategies and understanding clients needs.
management was best.
managed front end sales and cashiers along with opening and closing duties of the store
Supervisor/cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: discount on goods
Cons: was always evening shifts ....
my duties were in charge of the cashiers and there transactions as well as any pick ups ...other duties were customer service such as customer inquiries ...refunds ....answering phones ....lottery ....balancing the safe and any other technical difficulties that could arise ...Most of the time was in-charge of closing out the store and all cashiers .The part i enjoyed most of the job was overcoming any hard situations made the day more rewarding ....the part i least enjoyed was when there were situations as 3 girls didnt show up for there shift with out any notice and then having a busy night with only tow cashes available and then having yo jump on cash yourself for 85% of your shift your work as a supervisor cant get competed ... with saying this still was able to function and still compete all duties at some point in the evening with very little errors

1 2 3 4 5