Giant Tiger

Giant Tiger Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not bad but not Great at the Giant Tiger
Floor Stock Clerk (Produce/Grocery) (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: Good People
You will meet some really nice people.you will learn quite a bit. that all I got to say about that... Overall I had a less then moderate time working for them.
Fast Pace, Retail Enviorment
Cashier and Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONJune 15, 2015
Pros: Nice People
Cons: Play Favorites
Working here was a great way to gain customer service experience, as well as learn to work well with others.
The only thing is it is to far from home, and I was not getting the hours needed.
Great part time job
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 9, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: not enough hours
I worked at Giant tiger part-time during my secondary and college studies, I worked the customer service desk and was able to help out in any other store sub departments. The management team was mediocre. The hardest part was getting enough hours, what I loved most about Giant Tiger is it's a Canadian Company and the CEO was an ottawa south local who helped fund a lot of non profit organizations.
Great place
Volunteer (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 3, 2015
The work is pretty fun, the employees are welcoming. You learn how a retail place, like Giant Tiger works. What's hard about the job is dealing with rude customers and carrying heavy things. The most enjoyable part of the job experience is I help people and stacked shelves
fun place to work, feels like a family
Head Cashier Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee), New Glasgow, NSMay 29, 2015
Pros: customers and co-workers
Cons: no available
My typical day at work, is dealing with customer concerns, ring in customers items, smile and let customer know I am acknowledge them when they are face to face, letting the customer know I am aware of their presence and being polite, greeting with a smile.
Respecting my co-workers, and customers.
To my knowledge there is no hard part of the job, as I enjoy in what I do.
Most enjoyable part of this job is meeting and greeting customers, new and old. and being around my co-workers.
giant tiger job
Cash Office Associate (Former Employee), Thompson, MBMay 3, 2015
In Giant Tiger i worked for cash office. Everyday i was working in the office with cash, petty tills and invoices.And also worked for customer service.I learnt how to pay invoices and ordering the cigrattes and lottery part was most enjoyable part. The hardest part of the job was paying the store invoices.My co-workes were very nice with me.Whenever i called them to help they come right away.
its good if your in school
Grocery (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABApril 29, 2015
Pros: work around availability
Cons: Managers like to get mad a lot
Have not fully been trained and the managers know this yet get mad at me when i dont do my job right and pay is not very good. They work well around availability but always mess up on time off sheets.
Giant Tiger
Grocery Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Orleans, ONApril 28, 2015
Work was physically demanding but generally consisted of menial tasks. Co-workers were all very friendly, however the store was frequently understaffed.
Productive workplace, friendly and very fun.
Cashier and Customer Service Desk Associate (Current Employee), Sydney, Nova ScotiaApril 19, 2015
Pros: Discounts on products, friendly staff
Cons: Inconsistent hours
Working at Giant Tiger any day is a fun, fast-paced and full experience. There's never a lack of activity and there's always a customer happy to see a smiling face.

I was given many chances to learn and perform the duties from the other departments, and I was trained almost immediately for customer service. Having this training made any day a full one with lots to do.

Management are friendly and very outgoing, and the other employees were fantastic to work with. The store has a very good bond between its workers, like family.

The best part of the job is meeting all kinds of nice people each and every day. It's a very rewarding experience to hear how much everyone loves the store.
The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all of the community and company promotions and making sure I was up to date on everything each day, especially when we had a couple going on at one time.

Overall it was a great experience.
Shockingly weak management and poor corporate culture
Merchandising (Former Employee), OttawaApril 5, 2015
Very glad to be out of there. It was a soul-crushing experience and I'm much happier now. Highly disfunctional atmosphere.
Productive and Enjoyable Workplace
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee), Acton, ONMarch 31, 2015
I would serve customers, handle their complaints and needs, as well as manage the cashiers that were placed on cash during my shift. I was required to start up and unlock the front of the store, as well as close it when my shift was done. The management was fantastic, one of the best employers I could of had. The staff was easy to get along with and helpful when it came to solving problems or if you needed help. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to be surrounded by people.
working with good people
Fashion Associate (Current Employee), Lower Sackville, NSMarch 31, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: no room for advancement at my location
i enjoy working with the staff as well as the customer base. its great when they know you by name and seek your advice about thier choices weather its choosing a gift for a friend, a trip away, an important interview or even a casual day at home they value my opiniion and honesty. For me merchandising the store is like rearranging a giant closet and I love doing it. People always find new treasures that they may have missed on thier last visit simply because I have changed thier location.
a lot of responsibility
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee), Stratford, ONMarch 30, 2015
Pros: friendly people
Cons: didnt get enough hours
As a casher supervisor you have to be extra friendly but be abl to clearly follow all the rules and regulations of the store. need to be able to pay close attendtion to the cashiers and he availble for when ever they may need help.
Sales Associate
Customer Service Associate (Co-Op) (Former Employee), Picton, ONMarch 29, 2015
I loved my co-operative experience at Giant Tiger. I started when they were doing renovations so I always had a different job to do every day. The majority of the jobs I did for the renovations, was cleaning the new shelves so they were spotless.
My co-workers were all very nice and gave me helpful tips when they were needed.
Basic Retail
Fashion Department Head (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Many Locations
Cons: Minimum Wage positions
This is a good place to work in different Departments.
Easy jobs and on hand experience.
A good starter position for any further positions.
New and intriguing experience
Sales associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, OntarioMarch 17, 2015
I learned how to work cash, hang and prep the clothing and how to be team player. A very good opportunity to start my experience in the work place.
fun workplace,
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: discount
nice environment
it was a good place to work
I enjoyed working there it was fun I was doing retail which is what I like......
Childrens place
Fashion rep. / Cashier (Former Employee), Square oneMarch 9, 2015
I would serve customers needs. Cash them out and restock the floors and make displays. I would do inventory and cover staff shifts.
Fun and challenging place to work
Sales and Customer Service/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Smithville, ONMarch 5, 2015
Pros: 10% store discount
Cons: not enough hours
opening/closing of store. Manage manpower and assign duties daily. Assist in all areas of store to help all team members complete tasks effectively and efficiently. Meet with the customers and assist them in anyway possible. I enjoyed the sense of team. Helping my co-workers and them helping me with daily tasks. It was my personal challenge to try and build the team aspect as much as possible. I formed many close relationships with my co-workers and spent time with them on a personal level as well as professional. The hardest part of my job would be dealing with upset customers and not being able to assist them to solve their problems. The most enjoyable was the people! I enjoy working with people in all manners.
great company
Fashion Supervisor (Former Employee), mississaugaMarch 5, 2015
i loved working with giant tiger it was a fun company that really cared for there employees. where ever we needed help they were always there for us

1 2 3 4 5