Giant Tiger

Giant Tiger Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
high expectation and low pay
Supply Chain (Former Employee), Head OfficeJuly 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches and family days/tournaments
Cons: everything else
working at head office in a demanding understaffed atmosphere, the slack was expected to be picked up by the already existing staff.
not all management, but the management I worked under were very insecure and would often take this out on staff.
coaching did not exist
coworkers were decent but every man for themselves attitude
hardest part of the job: – more... feeling like you did a good job
most enjoyable part of the job: going home
company itself has good benefits and a solid community attitude.
too bad it was not something that all departments believe in. – less
Enjoyable team
keyholder/floor supervisor (Former Employee), Collingwood, ONJuly 3, 2014
I had a terrific crew that made it very enjoyable to get to work each day .. cooperation and team work
what i learned
Sales/Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 16, 2014
Pros: 50% employee discount and fun workplace
Cons: shoplifters were a lot
Giant Tiger was my first retail job and i learned a lot while working for Giant Tiger. things that i learned
1. how to deal with Tough customers
2. how to do a great customer service
3. provide excellent customer service
4. identify and resolve complaints
Active work place that achhieve advancment through Efficiency
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJune 14, 2014
Pros: full time
Great environment
Interaction with customers needs
Murchadising
Organization
Staff was friendly
Work field was efficent
Good, fun staff. Excelent work enviroment
Grocery Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABJune 12, 2014
My day varied from day to day. I was required to either open or close the store. I had many opportunites to learn new skills. The management was very helpful and supportive. The job was very enjoyable in all aspects. My employees were friendly and efficient at there jobs.
good learning experience
Stock Person (Former Employee), Windsor ONJune 6, 2014
stocked shelves, retrieved carts and did carry outs for people, did not learn much at this job the management was not very nice and my co workers did not talk to me very much i did not enjoy this job.
great place to work.
seasonal (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONMay 28, 2014
My job was to restock shelves, get shopping carts, and front face product after we were closed.

What i learned there was team work, organization skills, and working with a lot of nice people, and great fans.

My co workers were awesome to work around and had no troubles with them.

nothing hard about the job.

everything was fun
fun place great people
STORE CLERK (Current Employee), Kingston, ONMay 27, 2014
Pros: pot lucks
Cons: hours sometimes messy
first job loved it worked with many great people and learned may great things to further my career
Typical
Retail Associate/Back up Cashier (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMay 26, 2014
Stocking shelves, assisting customers and being a back up cashier.
Good Place to start out
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ONMay 21, 2014
I've worked for Giant Tiger since I started in the work field, and its taught me a lot about the work industry, I've learned a lot of things I can carry on with me throughout my life as well. Good people to work with as well. Family Environment.
Fun work place, Good culture.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 19, 2014
The most enjoyable thing about working there is, the customer... They made my day just making there's.
I enjoyed my time their.
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 19, 2014
most the co-workers kept to them selves. the customers where usually great to deal with.
Positive, fun and co operative working Tiger family.
Part- time Cashier and Fashion Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 14, 2014
I have been working with Giant Tiger for over a year now and I can say that no two days have ever been the same. A typical day at work would consist of making sure everything is organized and in its right place; having the chance to interact and get to know our customers to help serve them better; and as well as interacting with the employees to work – more... closely as a team. The one thing I learned from working here is that there is that everyone has their own abilities and learning those abilities makes a better working crew. The management and co workers were people whom I really enjoyed working with. They all provided a a welcoming working environment. The hardest part of the job was having situations where some customers were being very rude and harsh; yet at the same time the most enjoyable part of the job was having the chance to help customers whom were the opposite. – less
customer service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 30, 2014
Pros: meet new people
Cons: long hours low pay
I did learned new way of dealing with people
Deal with orders
Help people with what they need
had alot of fun working there
Retail Sales (Former Employee), chatham, ONApril 22, 2014
A typical day at work , was helping customers find the stuff that they were looking for , restocking, co-workers were fun and good to talk to, management was also great.
not the greatest
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brantford, ONApril 18, 2014
staff was very nice but alot of the management were not as welcoming, work was not very enjoyable more of just income not something i could do my wole life
A fun safe atmosphere...
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 10, 2014
Pros: routine
Cons: crowded store
A typical day at work was sweeping the parking lot in the morning, then stocking shelves or compressing cardboard, finally doing carts, or dealing with garbage. I also would listen to customers and give them what they want. For example where is this item located.

I learned that it takes time to complete a task and patience.

Management was very pleasant – more... and compassionate.

My co-workers were friendly and good at giving direction. I like leaders.

The hardest part of the job was when their was an angry customer. I had to be in a calm frame of mind to deal with him or her.

The most enjoyable part of the job was completing a very long and hard task. Like for example I started work there and on the first day I had to stock a shelf of cans, it took 3 hours to do and I was very relieved when it was done. – less
A wonderful and friendly work enviroment.
Store Manager/ Key Holder (Current Employee), Orillia, ONMarch 31, 2014
I have enjoyed working for this company for the past 2 years, and I very much enjoy the room to grow and opportunities for advancement. I currently hold the title of Store manager, and I truly enjoy my job.
Great Atmosphere, little flexibility.
Cashier (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 27, 2014
Pros: employee discount, employee promotions
Cons: flexible shifts
Was unable to get shifts that worked around my schooling causing me to decide between the two. Other than that it was a great job.
Very positive atmosphere, great part time job.
Weekend Manager (Current Employee), Perth, ONMarch 26, 2014
Pros: the staff, customers and the hours of work
Cons: heavy lifting
My typical day at work consists of Unpacking and hanging/ ticketing clothing, doing cashes, and stocking shelves.
I have learned how to close and open the store, do cash balancing, order stock, and work a cash register.
Management at Giant Tiger is excellent. Managers are very well liked and know exactly how to do their jobs. They are very understanding – more... and thoughtful people.
My co- workers are very fun, energetic people who make working at Giant Tiger a very enjoyable place to work. They are very inclusive people and I enjoy all of their company.
The hardest part of the job is simply just lifting the boxes of food, some are very heavy but other then that Giant Tiger was a very easy and enjoyable place to work.
The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to know the staff members and getting to work with people who are considered friends. It wasn't considered work any more, rather a fun place to learn from. – less

1 2 3 4 5