Graphic Designer, Digital
Ottawa Home Office
2480 Walkley Rd., Ottawa, ON, K1G 6A9
Giant Tiger is a dynamic retailer, offering our customers outstanding value for your family’s money on a variety of products for everyday household needs. You will find a unique and friendly place to shop, where you can discover something new in fashion, home and grocery every day. We are Canadian owned and operated with a strong commitment to the communities in which we operate. Giant Tiger is a solid retailer and employer of choice with over 50 years of success.
We continue to grow and expand and need individuals seeking a challenging and interesting career. We are looking for a dynamic individual who enjoys the challenge and fast pace of the marketing industry and wishes to pursue a successful career in this field. In this role, you will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Creative Services, your focus will be contributing to various projects within the Marketing Department within the web and digital space.
- Following the established brand direction, implement and maintain all main design elements of the website.
- Work in collaboration with peers to design and maintain various elements for our website by week, by season or by event as needed to tie into overall strategies and campaigns.
- Design targeted emails to be sent to eNewsletter subscribers and banner messages as per strategy and brand guidelines.
- A design portfolio with proven ability in retail/consumer graphic design;
- Proactive, multi-tasking individual who is passionate about composition, typography, design and colour;
- Knowledge of CSS and HTML;
- Must have ability to understand both the aesthetic needs and the technical requirements of the digital space and how to adapt from print while achieving the same results;
- Strong attention to detail in all areas, observant, organized in file management, resourceful and grasps workflows quickly;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team-driven, handles constructive feedback and improves accordingly, thrives in a fast-paced environment;
- Must adhere to a weekly production schedule and understand the importance of deadlines and processes;
- Must have independent time management skills and be self-reliant, with the ability to anticipate changes as needed;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines;
- Understand the impact of design decisions on coding;
- Experience with print and photography is an asset.
Applicants must submit a portfolio, displaying depth in web and digital space,
along with their resume.
Interested applicants should submit a resume by email to: hocareers@ gianttiger.com
Please specify position: Graphic Designer, Digital