GFS CANADA Employee Reviews in Canada

A more streamlined version of the original company.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 13, 2016
A typical work day would begin with dealing with whatever crisis had happened overnight or in the early morning hours. Hard-working people who were very customer focused.
GFS (Gordon Food Service) is a food distribution company caters all over the canada and I am working as the credit and reports coordinators
Credit Analyst and Reports Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONNovember 28, 2013
Being a credit and reports analyst in the company, I was able to explore and use my variety of experience in the field of finance and accounting and thus my experience with the Gordon Food Service makes me more versatile and flexible in many ways.
Pros
1. i have a solid experiences in the field of finance and accounting; 2. i am a team player
Cons
1. always open to accept new duties and responsibilities, 2. working beyond if it calls a job to be done.
GREAT place to work
Shipper/Reciever (Former Employee) –  EdmontonSeptember 10, 2012
They care about their employees. When I started they gave me my choice for shifts they had a great starting wage and definate room for advancment (all their hiring is internal first). Unfortunatly I don't drive and they didn't have bus routes when I was there. Management was great they actually talked to you and helped you out with things. The co-workers were great we were able to talk while we worked with no issues.
Pros
great hours great wages great people
Cons
terrible bus schedules
Very boring and repetetive. Cafeteria available with daily cooked meal an asset
Warehouse selector (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 7, 2013
Working nights takes its toll on a family when you only see other members 3 times a week. Plus the work itself is very repetetive and dull. Other employees try to cheat to get ahead and there is little communication between multiple supervisors. Its good that people can excel in their positions, but to find a reason to work well or harder is difficult. Besides monetary incentives, it is hard to find reason or passion to want to do these tasks. I feel they address more the collective of their organization rather than paying attention to the needs of any individuals specific. I truly do not enjoy this job in the least, but repect the organization as they have never wronged me and provided information when needed.
Pros
incentive pay
Cons
working nights
Excellent company to work for with the proactive work culture.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCNovember 24, 2013
Strategic planning, annual budgets, consolidation, audit and tax preparation.

Development of the processes and procedures.

Development of the credit facility and participating in roll over Section 85 and 86.
Pros
good benefit and flexible working hours.
Cons
long days.
Fun workplace
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCNovember 29, 2012
Fun Workplace...awesome supervisor. Miss my co workers.
Company did treat employees with respect and dignity.

Did not like working in the freezer.
Loved the hours i had.
Did not learn much as it was a step down for mehaving 15 yrs experience in all areas of warehousing.
Pros
free lunches and coffee
Cons
pay rate low end
Manage and lead a team of six for Credit and Accounts Receivable. Over see all accounts receivable portfolio that has been worked by Credit Analyst.
Divisional Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 18, 2014
Daily I am responsible for the Accounts Receivable portofolio ensuring all necessary accounts are collected promotly to avoid disruption of service. Provide customers and Sales Reps with account reconciliation to gain resolution.

Ensure all credit applications (contracts) are filled out correctly, and have the necessary credit checks completed to determine credit worthiness.

The best part of the job is having the ability to develop continuous improvements, and challenge processes to ensure we are performing best practices for efficiency. Empowering my staff to make decisions and take the necessary steps to complete all task, We have built a great team with understanding, trust and respect. This makes it worthwhile and makes the job easier when you have buy in from your staff.
Pros
bonus structure for meeting the set goals.
Cons
roadblocks between sales and credit
Great company to work for
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  MiltonDecember 5, 2012
Everybody on a bonus plan, employees very valued, lots of training and team building activities
culture d'entreprise
Directeur des ventes - Division Québec et Canada (Former Employee) –  QuébecAugust 5, 2015
Chez GFS Québec la culture d'entreprise et le respect des individus est forte.

Très bonne compagnie.
Pros
services rh très présent
Cons
manque d'écoute et de support quelques fois.
L'entreprise a comme priorités ses employés.
Superviseur des opérations (Former Employee) –  Québec, CanadaFebruary 4, 2014
L'entreprise GFS est très proche de ses employés, elle en fait une priorité absolue.

Journée typique:
- Présence et disposition des employés.
- Planification de la soirée et de la nuit.
- S'assurer que le personnel manque de rien.
- Régler différents problèmes sur le plancher.
- S'assurer que les clients sont livré dans les délais prévu et avec une excellente qualité.
Pros
avantage sociaux
Cons
salaire versus heures effectués.
Ouff
Préparateur de commandes (Former Employee) –  BouchervilleAugust 2, 2012
Dans l'époque où je suis entré, nous devions travailler des 60 hrs par semaine. Selon le nombre de boîtes qu'il y avait à monter nous devions tout terminer avant de pouvoir quitter. Cela a durer plus de 6 mois. Après un certain temps, le corps a fini par abandonner. La paye était bonne. Mais la gérance aurait du engager plus de nouveaux employé. Il y avait des nouveaux qui quittait après 1h de travail. -23 degrés celcius. Moi, j'aimais bien. Je trouvais dure l'overtime.
Pros
paye+bonus
Cons
overtime abusif
directeur des ventes régional
Directeur des ventes - Division Québec et Canada (Current Employee) –  québecJuly 27, 2012
superviser une équipe de ventes.
analyse de différents rapports sur performances.
être multi fonctionnel car plusieurs tâches à faire dans une même journée.
faire du coaching auprès de chacun des représentants.
Pros
le coté positif est sur la route avec les représentants et clients.
Cons
le non respect du contrat de travail et une surcharge de travail.
environnement sous pression
Analyste aux comptes recevable (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QCMay 13, 2012
Possibilité de prendre des congés lorsqu'il y a urgence famille
Pros
possibilité d'achat à prix moindre
Cons
très exigeant pour le salaire payer