As part of Sonepar Canada and one of the largest electrical distribution networks, Gescan has put together a unique blend of people, products and partners to help customers with their electrical product and service needs.
We are a leader in the distribution of electrical supplies and equipment with 24 branches spanning throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario. Gescan West serves three major market sectors: the commercial segments, residential contractors and industrial end users.
We’re looking for a self-motivated and results-oriented Warehouse Associate to join our team in Abbotsford and be a part of an exciting business unit within Gescan.
- Completing the Pre-shift inspection for forklift, including battery maintenance.
- Maintaining safety compliance when operating the forklift.
- Reporting any unsafe work conditions that might occur.
- Order picking.
- Putting stock away in appropriate locations.
- Operating scanning gun.
- Stocking empty reels.
- Processing orders as they are received.
- Ensuring correct cable is cut to order requirements.
- Assisting with general cleaning of work environment.
- Participating in re-certification for forklift operation, as required.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma required.
- Up to one year of related experience.
- Forklift Certification required
- First Aid Certification preferred.
- WHMIS Certification preferred.
- Competitive starting wage, commission and comprehensive benefits package.
- Group RRSP program including employer matching plan.
- The chance to work in a great team environment.
- The opportunity to learn new skills and advance.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in Gescan but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.