As part of Sonepar Canada and one of the largest electrical distribution networks, Gescan has put together a unique blend of people, products and partners to help customers with their electrical product and service needs.
We are a leader in the distribution of electrical supplies and equipment with 24 branches spanning throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario. Gescan West serves three major market sectors: the commercial segments, residential contractors and industrial end users.
We’re looking for a self-motivated and results-oriented Warehouse Associate to join our team in Abbotsford and be a part of an exciting business unit within Gescan.
- Completing the Pre-shift inspection for forklift, including battery maintenance.
- Maintaining safety compliance when operating the forklift.
- Reporting any unsafe work conditions that might occur.
- Order picking.
- Putting stock away in appropriate locations.
- Operating scanning gun.
- Stocking empty reels.
- Processing orders as they are received.
- Ensuring correct cable is cut to order requirements.
- Assisting with general cleaning of work environment.
- Participating in re-certification for forklift operation, as required.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma required.
- Up to one year of related experience.
- Forklift Certification required
- First Aid Certification preferred.
- WHMIS Certification preferred.
- Competitive starting wage, commission and comprehensive benefits package.
- Group RRSP program including employer matching plan.
- The chance to work in a great team environment.
- The opportunity to learn new skills and advance.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in Gescan but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of Sonepar Canada and one of the largest electrical distribution networks, Gescan has put together a unique blend of people,...