As part of Sonepar Canada and one of the largest electrical distribution networks, Gescan has put together a unique blend of people, products and partners to help customers with their electrical product and service needs.
We are a leader in the distribution of electrical supplies and equipment with 24 branches spanning throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario. Gescan West serves three major market sectors: the commercial segments, residential contractors and industrial end users.
We’re looking for a self-motivated and results-oriented Shipper Receiver to join our team in Abbotsford and be a part of an exciting business unit within Gescan.
- Receiving all products from vendors as they are delivered, including the verification of the quantity of items received as well as assuring that it is the correct product ordered.
- Entering received orders in the Business System.
- Picking, packaging and shipping any orders that are to be completed and shipped from the warehouse.
- Ensuring product that requires storage is placed in the appropriate area, including placing any product that is for stock onto the shelves in the proper bin location.
- Maintaining and cleaning warehouse and neatly assembling products on shelves, including sweeping, cutting off box tops and front facing items of shelves.
- Managing receiving issues such as contacting purchasing over shortages and overages, arranging delivery appointments, etc.
- Assisting with Pre-shift inspection for forklift, including battery maintenance.
- Reporting any unsafe work conditions that might occur.
- Loading trucks in adherence to health and safety guidelines.
- Assisting with general cleaning of work environment.
- Participating in re-certification for forklift operation, as required.
- Participating in cycle/physical counts as required.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma required.
- Up to one year of related experience.
- Fork lift certification required.
- Competitive starting wage, commission and comprehensive benefits package.
- Group RRSP program including employer matching plan.
- The chance to work in a great team environment.
- The opportunity to learn new skills and advance.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in Gescan but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.