As part of Sonepar Canada and one of the largest electrical distribution networks, Gescan has put together a unique blend of people, products and partners to help customers with their electrical product and service needs.
We are a leader in the distribution of electrical supplies and equipment with 24 branches spanning throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario. Gescan West serves three major market sectors: the commercial segments, residential contractors and industrial end users.
We’re looking for a self-motivated and results-oriented Shipper Receiver to join our team in Abbotsford and be a part of an exciting business unit within Gescan.
- Receiving all products from vendors as they are delivered, including the verification of the quantity of items received as well as assuring that it is the correct product ordered.
- Entering received orders in the Business System.
- Picking, packaging and shipping any orders that are to be completed and shipped from the warehouse.
- Ensuring product that requires storage is placed in the appropriate area, including placing any product that is for stock onto the shelves in the proper bin location.
- Maintaining and cleaning warehouse and neatly assembling products on shelves, including sweeping, cutting off box tops and front facing items of shelves.
- Managing receiving issues such as contacting purchasing over shortages and overages, arranging delivery appointments, etc.
- Assisting with Pre-shift inspection for forklift, including battery maintenance.
- Reporting any unsafe work conditions that might occur.
- Loading trucks in adherence to health and safety guidelines.
- Assisting with general cleaning of work environment.
- Participating in re-certification for forklift operation, as required.
- Participating in cycle/physical counts as required.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma required.
- Up to one year of related experience.
- Fork lift certification required.
- Competitive starting wage, commission and comprehensive benefits package.
- Group RRSP program including employer matching plan.
- The chance to work in a great team environment.
- The opportunity to learn new skills and advance.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in Gescan but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 10 months ago
As part of Sonepar Canada and one of the largest electrical distribution networks, Gescan has put together a unique blend of people,...