Are you ready to launch your career to new heights? Are you outgoing, innovative, and motivated to achieve great things? Start a career like no other. At Gescan, we are passionate about offering our employees challenges, responsibilities, coaching and learning opportunities to bring their careers to the next level and we really mean it, we talk the talk and walk the walk. Today, we are building for the future and looking to become the market leader in our industry while building a company that is one of the most admired in Canada. It is a tough goal but maybe with your help and other great candidates we can make this happen.
The Purchaser is responsible for the timely placement of purchase orders and delivery of materials to meet customer order requirements and maintain stock inventory levels within approved guidelines.
- Reviewing buy reports in order to place purchase orders for maintaining sufficient inventories at optimum costing levels for 24 branches between Vancouver Island and Northern Ontario
- Expediting open orders to avoid stock out and keep shipping information up to date
- Placing special purchase orders to fill immediate customer demands
- Reviewing and resolving problem stock issues identified on low stock reports in a timely manner
- Monitoring and if necessary adjusting system parameters to produce better suggested buy numbers on automated buy reports
- Other duties as required
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with one or more in-house computer systems
- Ability to work independently within a strong team environment
- A passion for achieving their individual and team service goals
Gescan thanks all applicants who apply however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Gescan is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes submissions from all candidates.
As part of Sonepar Canada and one of the largest electrical distribution networks, Gescan has put together a unique blend of people,...