GEORGIAN COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Per-tutor Biology (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 December 2016
Once a week students would schedule time with me and I would help them with any questions they had about biology class. I worked by myself. This job allowed me to teach peers and helped me with my studying.
Georgian College
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 December 2016
Good place to work that is accommodating to your schedule as much as possible. Great co-workers and supervisors. Could use a better pay scale for part time workers.
best job
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 October 2016
georgian college offers best job and environment for students to deliver best results. working for other students is a job which can be very helpful for future.
Georgian College Athletic Center great facility great learning experience
Athletics Facilities/ Rockwall Guide (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 September 2016
Georgian College Athletic Center was accommodating to my busy school scheduled. Working both the gym and the rock wall was a big learning experience for me.
Pros
Accommodating
Cons
Not enough hours
Excellent workplace with various learning resources
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Library10 September 2016
Georgian College is a fun-learning institute. It provides with a lot of opportunities to students such as working with orientation team, student association, peer services for helping students with any course related material. Everyone here gets the opportunity to interact with each other and work collaboratively to achieve the desired results.
Productive and fun atmosphere, re-living campus life each day
Faculty (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 August 2016
Great place to work. Supports local community in more ways than one can imagine. Advancement opportunities are limited within the permanent positions - being a good place, you will see many staff who have worked here for multiple decades. Hence harder to find new permanent vacancies unless people retire. However, many staff work on contract positions. These positions are very good and in many cases gets extended multiple times based on your performance.
Great place to work, bad place to advance
COORDINATOR, CONFERENCE & EVENT SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 August 2016
Worked here for 3 years. I started out with a maternity leave contract and they kept me on for another 2.5 years after that. I was anxiously awaiting my opportunity to grow with the company. When a full time position became available politics of the college and "who likes who" came into play more than my education and experience. Sad to go, but happy i dont have to work in a toxic work environment anymore.
Pros
good work-life
Cons
politics and cattiness within departments
good
student activites assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 July 2016
good for the international students to have a place to go and get all the information they need. I planned and executed trips for students to Niagara falls and Toronto
Great employer
CLINICAL PLACEMENT STAFF (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 June 2016
I work as a clinical placement instructor and love every minute of it. Wonderful students and co-workers. Very supportive work environment.
Productive and fun workplace
Gym Attendant (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON11 June 2016
Great place to work, got to workout for free. Was a solid way to make a little bit of money while going to classes. Would Highly recommend
Good Work experence
Adaptive Technologies Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON31 May 2016
I was able to help the students, as well as finish my assignments. Learned to work along with many divert people. Learned how to use programs that are designed to help people with both minor and major learning challenges.
Pros
Amazing co-workers and studend
Cons
Some times I wasn't able to finish what I was working on.
A really good place to work
Graphic Designer (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 May 2016
Nice people and interesting design works. I am able to offer a great job on it, that's why we have been worked for three years together. A great opportunity can work with all those people!
Great
VP Administration (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 April 2016
Good work place just to much politics. very friendly people great environment. Everyone is always understanding and helps you learn your job.
great workplace
Power Engineering Instructor (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound Campus, ON14 April 2016
Challenging and rewarding experiences working with students. Get to work with a multi-million dollar life size simulator that is exacting and demanding, taking students into a real lifelike experience without the danger of making a mistake that could cost real dollars and lives. Very fun.
Pros
Great time
Cons
Not enough hours in a class. lol
Excellent opportunity to develop teaching skills
Professor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 April 2016
I was somewhat new to teaching and the in-house staff were brilliant at honing my skills. I was also able to develop innovative new teaching resources while at Georgian.
Pros
Great facility and great management.
Cons
You will work at least 4 hours for every paid hour once you include required online training, grading, readings, etc.
Field Placement Student
Campus Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON18 March 2016
I have learned so much thing being on my placement and applying all my knowledge about Early Childhood Education. I would like to find a job in my field, related to working with children.
Fun place to work
Learning Skills Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 March 2016
Nice management and dealing with a lot of students. Good environment to work for. Has different strategies to solve problems
Awesome
Professor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 March 2016
Great place to work and be challenged by the future of the industry. Allowed for opportunities I would not have had working in an operation.
great place to work
Spanish Instructor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 February 2016
Great place to work, but not enough hours.If the course is not available for that semester then I would not teach. In that aspect that was the one challenge with Georgian College
Fun place to Work
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 February 2016
Excellent place to educate part time, great work ethic and great people to work with. Building course material is sometimes a challenge. most enjoyable is delivering education to new students.

4.6