GEORGIAN COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Flexable unsupervised
Electronic Motor Controller Professor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 January 2018
Construct your own lesson and teach them as you will. No real standard to speak of. No room for advancement. Students can get demanding. The work after hours are very demanding.
Pros
Unsupervised
Cons
Many after hours work
positive nursing leadership
Nurse Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 December 2017
Quality orientation into clinical instructor position. Many resources at the school are very helpful. Students are generally happy and enjoy how their program is structured. It was evident that the theory and lab teachings were concrete and prepared studies well for their clinical placements.
Great learning environment and place to work
SCHEDULING OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 December 2017
I have learned a lot during my time at Georgian. I only wish there was more opportunity for staff to become permanent full time, because there are way too many people that are stuck in contracts or part-time positions.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
Not a lot of opportunity to have a permanent position
Took the welding fundamentals and fabrication course
Microsoft Certified System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 November 2017
This was a very good course. I got to learn about the different types of welding and positions. Learned how to read blue prints, different types of metal and how heat affects the metal and welds. Learned about welding equipment and setup procedures along with safety.
Pros
A great career to get into
Cons
welding fumes
Good school
Nursing Student Placements (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 October 2017
The college is great but the nursing program is very unorganized and the teachers don't communicate very well when it come to the placements. Teachers are not on the same page when it comes to the work they expect.
good working environment at international centre
KIA Team Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 October 2017
It is a place to met many professional people . And learning about customer serve and marking skills. MOST enjoyable part of the job is people can sharing ideas and working toward the bigger goal.
the Place develop a good work habits include time management , team work.
Accepting and learning development for staff
PSW Instructor (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON2 October 2017
Working at Georgian College was a very positive experience for me. Management of students' assignments was challenging. The students were wonderful and eager to learn. Clinical placements was an opportunity to understand the students needs as they developed their caring skills.
Professional Development Opportunities
Communications Professor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 October 2017
Georgian College at the time when I last worked there had many professional development opportunities which I valued. I always wanted to excel and be the best instructors I could be!
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
Unpaid hours for grading
Very Nice
Event Chef (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 September 2017
It is a educational enviroment that provided catering services to different parts of the school and MDCA operated events. Great working with a variety of chefs that have done cooking from around the world and each specialize differently
Numerous opportunities for growth
Promotions/Workshop Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 September 2017
Wide variety of tasks and roles to grow and challenge oneself. Supportive framework of staff, very encouraging. Increased me comprehension and skill set particularly with event planning and facilitation of special events.
Wonderful
Academic Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 September 2017
Georgian College is a wonderful place to work. A typical day is very busy with students, faculty and staff. It is generally a very positive place to work.
Great place to learn and work as a student
Student Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 August 2017
Everybody was always willing to mentor me and answer any of my questions. Great space to work, happy environment. Room to grow as an individual and yet learn under the safety of others
Good work experience for students
International Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 August 2017
As a marketing student, working as an international ambassador helps me to practice what we learn in class. This position contributes to the International Center promotional efforts and international events on campus, which has a lot of fun.
Inspirational environment working with young people beginning their careers
Program Coordinator, ABSC (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 August 2017
Georgian is a great place to be energized by the promise of the young people pursuing their career interests. Management style is very hands off for the most part and this does create both opportunity and challenge.
First time teaching
Instructor, Web Development (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 July 2017
This was a tough job. I was left to develop lesson plans and deliver them on my own without much in the way of guidance or mentorship. I did get the hang of it eventually and the students and coworkers were all great.
great fun place to work
Customer services representative and cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 July 2017
I was working there temporary and the best experience, great customer services experience, great management made a lot of friends, but it was part time and learned many positive aspects of life.
Pros
good place to meet new students
Cons
temporary
Learning place to work.
GCSA DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 July 2017
I worked as Georgian College Director and I am so honored that I served the Georgian College for many years. My workplace was so fun and exciting. On my typical day at work, I attend meetings and approve agendas with my workmates. We planned many events for the students. Management was supportive and helpful and I learned that if you wanted to do something you can achieve it no matter what.

I planned an event for the college in which people have to come and participate in a cultural event. It was on Christmas break and we serve them and build more connections with students.
Pros
Leadership Development
Cons
Limited hours
Amazing experience
Professor (Part-time (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 June 2017
After working at the college for almost ten years, I was able to experience being a support staff as well as an Instructor for many years. My support staff position allowed me many freedoms to establish the best possible system for measurement of web statistics. Georgian college encourages growth and maturity of their professional teams.
I loved working there.
Pros
Team, Pension
Cons
management needs an overhaul
Terrible workplace environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 June 2017
Many co-workers unprofessional. Management hardly present and disengaged. Training poor, done by co-worker without skill set to train or lead well. Atmosphere negative and poor morale overall. There for over 2 years. Many managers revolving in department. HR experience unpleasant.
Pros
Worked with and supported students
Cons
Co-worker and department environment poor
n/a
Client Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 June 2017
Future prospects are bleak if you aren't among the chosen.

Prized positions are handed down to friends and family, unfair workload and expectations for entry-level employees.

Technical jobs provided to non-technical employees.