GEORGIAN COLLEGE

GEORGIAN COLLEGE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent massage therapy program
Instructor (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJune 2, 2014
I am pleased to be part of the teaching team at Georgian college. The program is excellent with new, modern facilities and current online health histories/soap charting.

I enjoy seeing the students progress from semester to semester and see them flourish in the student clinic.

Working at Georgian gives me a feeling of satisfaction and content.
It was fun to work under Executive Chefs
Volunteer for Banquets (Former Employee), Barrie ONMay 1, 2014
Pros: free lunch, take left overs home
Overall I enjoyed the experience. The hardest part of the job was carrying the heavy platters for quite a distance. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing the display platters.
Georgian College Review
Centre for Access Lab Supervisor (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 23, 2014
Awesome team to be a part of. A typical day at work was helping students with disabilities on Adaptive Technology programs and monitoring the lab. The schedule is made around your class schedule. There is one person scheduled at a time, so you don't really see other coworkers unless they are in the lab. The hardest part of the job is learning all the – more... answers for various questions from students. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping students. – less
Good Employment for Students
Event Promoter (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 3, 2014
It was nice to work at the school and promote up coming events.
A professional environment with many opportunities to work as a team
Educator (Former Employee), Orillia, ONFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: work schedule was well organized
Cons: discharging students who were not motivated
I was responsible for a group of students in a designated classroom for an area of study during which individuals could ask questions regarding their curriculum. I found that the students were motivated and the tasks were well within the reach of the learner.
My co-workers were helpful and supportive in helping me acquire the skills necessary for tracking – more... student success and goals attained.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with students who enjoyed the curriculum and worked through the challenges. – less
Indipendent working environment with great coworkers
Registrar Office (Former Employee), Barrie ONFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: work schedule coordidated with school schedule to assit as a student at that time
My job was to file student files according to last name and place in order.
Correct information on spelling of students names and submit any new information to students files.
Very helpful staff members, friendly atmosphere.
Stress free work.
Vise President for Internal Relations (Former Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: no boss and pressure.
Cons: little pay in the form of honorarium.
It was a executive position. The students elect their representatives through voting. I was working for benefits for students.
Convenient and conducive place to utilize my skills
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 6, 2014
A typical day consisted of tests of our abilities. I got accustomed to helping people sort out issues with their computers.
Management was outstanding and it was important to have coworkers that shared the enthusiasm of computers.
Convenient and conducive place to utilize my skills
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 6, 2014
Excellent work environment
Media Services Technician/AV Installer (Former Employee), Barrie, ONDecember 5, 2013
Very pleasant people and environment in which to work. Would love to see a full time position open.
Great!
Social Director (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: great experience
Cons: contract only 12 months
Loved my contract with Georgian College as a Social Director!
Georgian Grizzlies Head Golf Coach (Current Employee), Barrie, ONNovember 27, 2013
Pros: helping athletes
Working with athletes on their game.
Great support staff
Seeing hard work pay off is the best part of the job.
10/10, would recommend
Peer Tutor & Learning Skills Assistant (Current Employee), Barrie, ONSeptember 29, 2013
A typical day at work is busy with new students coming into the office for help. I have learned that I am far more patient and caring than I thought I was! My boss and her assistant are always helping us on the job and are very accommodating. I love my co-workers, they are all very knowledgeable and personable. I definitely love getting to help students – more... overcome their problems and watching them succeed. – less
Workplace was Enjoyable
Peer Tutor (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJuly 15, 2013
The faculty and staff members at Georgian College were very supportive and patient. Learned a lot about teaching and tutoring students of all ages.
City of Barrie Marina- Clerk
Security Officer (Former Employee), Barrie, OntApril 23, 2013
Great place to work as a summer student, offered full time employment and flexible hours.
Management and boater were a pleasure to work with.
Job Experience
Student administrative (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 2, 2013
I learned so many things. This position is for managing student issues. I learned to make reports regarding SAC office activities.
Certain times I involved in SWAT which is student welcoming and activities team. I do feel any hardest thing in that job. It was good experience in my career.
one of the best place to work at
cashier (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: free lunches and breaks, friendly people
Cons: long days
employers treated good
gave me good remarks
there were sometimes very long days
they also gave us free food to eat
so much friendly environment was there
Friendly environment
Library Commons Navigator (Current Employee), Orillia, ONNovember 19, 2012
Pros: good lunch breaks, nice working hour shifts
Cons: the only thing i don't like they don't provide long term employment for the co-op students.
Working in Georgian college is awesome, the staff members are friendly and helpful, nice behavior of students.
Comfortable and friendly working environment
Library Commons Navigator (Current Employee), Orillia, ONOctober 23, 2012
Pros: good salary
Cons: i can not continue the job after graduation because georgian only hires its studentsle: long hours
I like talking to new people so i see new students everyday, and when they ask for help regarding the computer's software's and other equipment's, i love it being here.
Volunteering is ALWAYS the reward for itself.
Engineering Student director (Former Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 3, 2012
Pros: a sense of community.
Cons: not much pay.
The position was voluntary, and that was the most rewarding part.
I felt like I was giving back to the college for all the events and fundraisers I volunteered for.

A typical day was weekly meetings of what was going on in the student council and we had to report these to our programs.
Submit monthly reports of what events we had volunteered for and – more... how many hours we submitted for our final honourarium.

What I learned is how much the Student council does to keep colleges/universities running for the student body.

Co-workers were all great, hard working students that wanted to give back to their college.

The most enjoyable part was helping with events. – less

About GEORGIAN COLLEGE

Georgian College is an Ontario College of Applied Arts and Technology. Its primary campus is in Barrie, Ontario, with satellite – Read more

GEORGIAN COLLEGE Photos