GEORGIAN COLLEGE Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great
VP Administration (Current Employee), Barrie, ONApril 22, 2016
Good work place just to much politics. very friendly people great environment. Everyone is always understanding and helps you learn your job.
great workplace
Power Engineering Instructor (Current Employee), Owen Sound Campus, ONApril 14, 2016
Pros: Great time
Cons: Not enough hours in a class. lol
Challenging and rewarding experiences working with students. Get to work with a multi-million dollar life size simulator that is exacting and demanding, taking students into a real lifelike experience without the danger of making a mistake that could cost real dollars and lives. Very fun.
Excellent opportunity to develop teaching skills
Professor (Current Employee), Barrie, ONApril 9, 2016
Pros: Great facility and great management.
Cons: You will work at least 4 hours for every paid hour once you include required online training, grading, readings, etc.
I was somewhat new to teaching and the in-house staff were brilliant at honing my skills. I was also able to develop innovative new teaching resources while at Georgian.
Field Placement Student
Campus Ambassador (Current Employee), Orillia, ONMarch 18, 2016
I have learned so much thing being on my placement and applying all my knowledge about Early Childhood Education. I would like to find a job in my field, related to working with children.
Fun place to work
Learning Skills Assistant (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 13, 2016
Nice management and dealing with a lot of students. Good environment to work for. Has different strategies to solve problems
Awesome
Professor (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 8, 2016
Great place to work and be challenged by the future of the industry. Allowed for opportunities I would not have had working in an operation.
great place to work
Spanish Instructor (Former Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 6, 2016
Great place to work, but not enough hours.If the course is not available for that semester then I would not teach. In that aspect that was the one challenge with Georgian College
Fun place to Work
Instructor (Current Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Excellent place to educate part time, great work ethic and great people to work with. Building course material is sometimes a challenge. most enjoyable is delivering education to new students.
Perfect Place for Study and start your career!
Volunteer work at Georgian College (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Dynamic people, fantastic training experience and the largest outside auto-show powered by students, cooperate with most auto-industry companies and great opportunity for students!
Always a learning experiance
accounting clerk (Former Employee), Barrie, ONDecember 3, 2015
Pros: Good educational experiace
Cons: Poor working environment in the accounting department
I was providing support during transitional period in the accounting department. Learning as you go. Enjoyed working with the teaching and support staff. Most employees had a positive attitude towards work trying to make it enjoyable and productive, follow procedures and regulations and those people make going to work a pleasant experience. This position gave me an opportunity to learn the Banner , and PeopleSoft system used by Higher education institution. As well as I have learned about the working environment of Georgian College.
Very Educational
Manager (Current Employee), Barrie. ONAugust 26, 2015
A very well run organization with a lot to offer workers. Many different areas and tasks to gain knowledge from. The college is a great place to work.
Great opportunity for students
Cashier, server and kitchen helper (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJuly 25, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: shift gears
It was a very good experience when started working for the first time while studying,was a great opportunity to gain experience as being a student of Hospitality Management studies.
A relaxing environment to helps students
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJune 24, 2015
Working at the First Year Experience Center was a relaxing environment in which to helps students. I would helps to give students directions on campus or let them know how to access services. I was also available if students needed someone to talk to.
Excellent organizational culture
Part-time Professor (Current Employee), Orangeville, ONMay 22, 2015
Georgian college has a very supportive organizational culture that promotes skill development and advancement. Administrative personnel are very kind, motivating and supportive at the Orangeville Campus
Great experience
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), Midland, ONMay 13, 2015
Great experience,

Huge work load when starting out as an Instructor.
I found my largest challenge was there had been NO established curriculum. However, this did leave the entire coarse up to me.
The faculty was 100% supportive and I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity.
Fast Paced and Lots to Learn
Volunteer at Photography Studio (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Networking, Education
Cons: Hard Work, Long Hours
My time in the studio at Georgian College has really taught me a lot about different photography-related studio equipment. It has also taught me how to be time efficient and work well with other team members (when you work as a team, you cut down your set up and clean up time), I've also learned how to talk more efficiently with models or clients.
Great management and flexible hours
Student Department Assistant (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 19, 2015
- Contacted, maintained, organized, edited, and picked up samples for resource library
- Maintained archived journals and periodicals
- Facilitated Open House meet and greet
- Called newly enrolled candidates to provide information and resources
- Revised CADD drawings for departmental use
- Assisted with end of semester clean-up and photo documentation of student work

- Management very approachable and accommodating
Always busy, upbeat surroundings
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: positive atmosphere, always busy
Cons: the teams didn't make the playoffs show the games went short
At this job I was in charge of the hosting of multiple sporting teams during tournaments as well as seasonal games. A typical day would start in the evening, before a game I would organize the sports teams music, ballots for the draw, printed sheets for the shoot for cash prize. I really enjoyed this job because it was always different and busy. It was always good working hands on with the fans of the teams showing positivity
Fun workplace
INTD Faculty (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: respectful environment
Cons: no benefit for part time faculty
Happy to work there,
Flexible work hours,
Respectful environment,
Fun to work with the colleagues
Fun place to work
Grounds Crew Worker (Former Employee), Barrie, OntarioJanuary 8, 2015
Typically a very full work day maintaining the grounds at the college. I became comfortable both using and maintaing equipment. Management was always helpful, and most of the time the supervisors were satisfactory. There is generally a lot of turnover in employees, but both crews that I worked on ended up gelling and working well together.