GEORGIAN COLLEGE

• Salary/Benefits
Great experience
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), Midland, ONMay 13, 2015
Great experience,

Huge work load when starting out as an Instructor.
I found my largest challenge was there had been NO established curriculum. However, this did leave the entire coarse up to me.
The faculty was 100% supportive and I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity.
Fast Paced and Lots to Learn
Volunteer at Photography Studio (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Networking, Education
Cons: Hard Work, Long Hours
My time in the studio at Georgian College has really taught me a lot about different photography-related studio equipment. It has also taught me how to be time efficient and work well with other team members (when you work as a team, you cut down your set up and clean up time), I've also learned how to talk more efficiently with models or clients.
Great management and flexible hours
Student Department Assistant (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 19, 2015
- Contacted, maintained, organized, edited, and picked up samples for resource library
- Maintained archived journals and periodicals
- Facilitated Open House meet and greet
- Called newly enrolled candidates to provide information and resources
- Revised CADD drawings for departmental use
- Assisted with end of semester clean-up and photo documentation of student work

- Management very approachable and accommodating
Always busy, upbeat surroundings
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: positive atmosphere, always busy
Cons: the teams didn't make the playoffs show the games went short
At this job I was in charge of the hosting of multiple sporting teams during tournaments as well as seasonal games. A typical day would start in the evening, before a game I would organize the sports teams music, ballots for the draw, printed sheets for the shoot for cash prize. I really enjoyed this job because it was always different and busy. It was always good working hands on with the fans of the teams showing positivity
Fun workplace
INTD Faculty (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: respectful environment
Cons: no benefit for part time faculty
Happy to work there,
Flexible work hours,
Respectful environment,
Fun to work with the colleagues
Fun place to work
Grounds Crew Worker (Former Employee), Barrie, OntarioJanuary 8, 2015
Typically a very full work day maintaining the grounds at the college. I became comfortable both using and maintaing equipment. Management was always helpful, and most of the time the supervisors were satisfactory. There is generally a lot of turnover in employees, but both crews that I worked on ended up gelling and working well together.
Friendly but competitive environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Owen SoundOctober 28, 2014
There are definitely some amazing people you can meet working here.

However, if you are not full time, it is harder to advance in the company.

The pay rate is extremely good though.
Great place to work and learn and earn
Help Desk Support /Desktop Technician/ (Contract) (Former Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great environnent
From installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance on all Faculty and Staff desktops and laptops. Troubleshooting problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via email) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.

I would have never left this position, but funding for my contract was not available so position was resolved.
Tutored students in Statistics and the BSW program
Peer Tutor (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJune 14, 2014
Pros: the students
Tutored students on a regular basis.
I learned how to work with students individually based on their learning disabilities.
Excellent massage therapy program
Instructor (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJune 2, 2014
I am pleased to be part of the teaching team at Georgian college. The program is excellent with new, modern facilities and current online health histories/soap charting.

I enjoy seeing the students progress from semester to semester and see them flourish in the student clinic.

Working at Georgian gives me a feeling of satisfaction and content.
It was fun to work under Executive Chefs
Volunteer for Banquets (Former Employee), Barrie ONMay 1, 2014
Pros: free lunch, take left overs home
Overall I enjoyed the experience. The hardest part of the job was carrying the heavy platters for quite a distance. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing the display platters.
Georgian College Review
Centre for Access Lab Supervisor (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 23, 2014
Awesome team to be a part of. A typical day at work was helping students with disabilities on Adaptive Technology programs and monitoring the lab. The schedule is made around your class schedule. There is one person scheduled at a time, so you don't really see other coworkers unless they are in the lab. The hardest part of the job is learning all the answers for various questions from students. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping students.
Good Employment for Students
Event Promoter (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 3, 2014
It was nice to work at the school and promote up coming events.
A professional environment with many opportunities to work as a team
Educator (Former Employee), Orillia, ONFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: work schedule was well organized
Cons: discharging students who were not motivated
I was responsible for a group of students in a designated classroom for an area of study during which individuals could ask questions regarding their curriculum. I found that the students were motivated and the tasks were well within the reach of the learner.
My co-workers were helpful and supportive in helping me acquire the skills necessary for tracking student success and goals attained.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with students who enjoyed the curriculum and worked through the challenges.
Indipendent working environment with great coworkers
Registrar Office (Former Employee), Barrie ONFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: work schedule coordidated with school schedule to assit as a student at that time
My job was to file student files according to last name and place in order.
Correct information on spelling of students names and submit any new information to students files.
Very helpful staff members, friendly atmosphere.
Stress free work.
Vise President for Internal Relations (Former Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: no boss and pressure.
Cons: little pay in the form of honorarium.
It was a executive position. The students elect their representatives through voting. I was working for benefits for students.
Convenient and conducive place to utilize my skills
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 6, 2014
A typical day consisted of tests of our abilities. I got accustomed to helping people sort out issues with their computers.
Management was outstanding and it was important to have coworkers that shared the enthusiasm of computers.
Convenient and conducive place to utilize my skills
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 6, 2014
Excellent work environment
Media Services Technician/AV Installer (Former Employee), Barrie, ONDecember 5, 2013
Very pleasant people and environment in which to work. Would love to see a full time position open.
Great!
Social Director (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: great experience
Cons: contract only 12 months
Loved my contract with Georgian College as a Social Director!

About GEORGIAN COLLEGE

Georgian College is an Ontario College of Applied Arts and Technology. Its primary campus is in Barrie, Ontario, with satellite – Read more

GEORGIAN COLLEGE Photos