GEORGIAN COLLEGE Employee Reviews in Canada

Good Work experence
Adaptive Technologies Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 31, 2016
I was able to help the students, as well as finish my assignments. Learned to work along with many divert people. Learned how to use programs that are designed to help people with both minor and major learning challenges.
Pros
Amazing co-workers and studend
Cons
Some times I wasn't able to finish what I was working on.
great workplace
Power Engineering Instructor (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound Campus, ONApril 14, 2016
Challenging and rewarding experiences working with students. Get to work with a multi-million dollar life size simulator that is exacting and demanding, taking students into a real lifelike experience without the danger of making a mistake that could cost real dollars and lives. Very fun.
Pros
Great time
Cons
Not enough hours in a class. lol
Excellent opportunity to develop teaching skills
Professor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 9, 2016
I was somewhat new to teaching and the in-house staff were brilliant at honing my skills. I was also able to develop innovative new teaching resources while at Georgian.
Pros
Great facility and great management.
Cons
You will work at least 4 hours for every paid hour once you include required online training, grading, readings, etc.
Always a learning experiance
accounting clerk (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONDecember 3, 2015
I was providing support during transitional period in the accounting department. Learning as you go. Enjoyed working with the teaching and support staff. Most employees had a positive attitude towards work trying to make it enjoyable and productive, follow procedures and regulations and those people make going to work a pleasant experience. This position gave me an opportunity to learn the Banner , and PeopleSoft system used by Higher education institution. As well as I have learned about the working environment of Georgian College.
Pros
Good educational experiace
Cons
Poor working environment in the accounting department
Fun place to work
Learning Skills Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 13, 2016
Nice management and dealing with a lot of students. Good environment to work for. Has different strategies to solve problems
A really good place to work
Graphic Designer (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 5, 2016
Nice people and interesting design works. I am able to offer a great job on it, that's why we have been worked for three years together. A great opportunity can work with all those people!
Field Placement Student
Campus Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONMarch 18, 2016
I have learned so much thing being on my placement and applying all my knowledge about Early Childhood Education. I would like to find a job in my field, related to working with children.
Great
VP Administration (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 22, 2016
Good work place just to much politics. very friendly people great environment. Everyone is always understanding and helps you learn your job.
Awesome
Professor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 8, 2016
Great place to work and be challenged by the future of the industry. Allowed for opportunities I would not have had working in an operation.
Volunteering is ALWAYS the reward for itself.
Engineering Student director (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 3, 2012
The position was voluntary, and that was the most rewarding part.
I felt like I was giving back to the college for all the events and fundraisers I volunteered for.

A typical day was weekly meetings of what was going on in the student council and we had to report these to our programs.
Submit monthly reports of what events we had volunteered for and how many hours we submitted for our final honourarium.

What I learned is how much the Student council does to keep colleges/universities running for the student body.

Co-workers were all great, hard working students that wanted to give back to their college.

The most enjoyable part was helping with events.
Pros
a sense of community.
Cons
not much pay.
Fun place to Work
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Excellent place to educate part time, great work ethic and great people to work with. Building course material is sometimes a challenge. most enjoyable is delivering education to new students.
great place to work
Spanish Instructor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONFebruary 6, 2016
Great place to work, but not enough hours.If the course is not available for that semester then I would not teach. In that aspect that was the one challenge with Georgian College
Perfect Place for Study and start your career!
Volunteer work at Georgian College (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Dynamic people, fantastic training experience and the largest outside auto-show powered by students, cooperate with most auto-industry companies and great opportunity for students!
Comfortable and friendly working environment
Library Commons Navigator (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONOctober 23, 2012
I like talking to new people so i see new students everyday, and when they ask for help regarding the computer's software's and other equipment's, i love it being here.
Pros
good salary
Cons
i can not continue the job after graduation because georgian only hires its studentsle: long hours
Great opportunity for students
Cashier, server and kitchen helper (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 25, 2015
It was a very good experience when started working for the first time while studying,was a great opportunity to gain experience as being a student of Hospitality Management studies.
Pros
fun
Cons
shift gears
Stress free work.
Vise President for Internal Relations (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONFebruary 4, 2014
It was a executive position. The students elect their representatives through voting. I was working for benefits for students.
Pros
no boss and pressure.
Cons
little pay in the form of honorarium.
Excellent organizational culture
Part-time Professor (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ONMay 22, 2015
Georgian college has a very supportive organizational culture that promotes skill development and advancement. Administrative personnel are very kind, motivating and supportive at the Orangeville Campus
Fast Paced and Lots to Learn
Volunteer at Photography Studio (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 28, 2015
My time in the studio at Georgian College has really taught me a lot about different photography-related studio equipment. It has also taught me how to be time efficient and work well with other team members (when you work as a team, you cut down your set up and clean up time), I've also learned how to talk more efficiently with models or clients.
Pros
Networking, Education
Cons
Hard Work, Long Hours
Very Educational
Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie. ONAugust 26, 2015
A very well run organization with a lot to offer workers. Many different areas and tasks to gain knowledge from. The college is a great place to work.
A relaxing environment to helps students
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 24, 2015
Working at the First Year Experience Center was a relaxing environment in which to helps students. I would helps to give students directions on campus or let them know how to access services. I was also available if students needed someone to talk to.

4.6