Georgian Bay General Hospital Employee Reviews in Canada

Energetic and motivating place to work
Switchboard Operator (Full Time (15-present)) (Current Employee) –  Midland, ONJuly 10, 2016
I have learned many things working at the Hospital that I will take with me through life. And have made loyal friends that helped made my work experience so fun. Love interacting with the public and being helpful.
Pros
everyday was different from the next
Cons
dealing with the sick and lonely
Excellent learning environment for a student
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Midland, ONMay 27, 2015
Working as a student nurse at Georgian Bay General was a fun and sometimes hectic experience. The mornings were always the busiest time of the day, and then things began to slow down as the day went on. I learned a lot during my time there and got the opportunity to practice various nursing and communication skills. An actual nurse was always around somewhere if I needed help with something and they were always kind and informative. Since this was a student placement for school I had to rate the salary/benefits as a one star because I wasn't paid anything.
Pros
Working with all types of people.
Cons
Working with all types of people.
Horrible Place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Penetanguishene, ONOctober 14, 2014
Starts out okay.. than you start to see just how little G4S cares vfor their employees. uniforms are never "in stock" becasue they want to keep the 45 pairs of the size of pants you want in stock for people closer in case of emergency... when you have a question they never respond to you..

if management cared about there employees.. this would be a great place to work. i was lucky and had an awesome supervisor at my site, but her boss and the boss representing g4s were not a employee first management person
Good hard honest working people
Housekkeping Ade (Current Employee) –  Midland, ONMay 3, 2012
This is a good place to work, people are awsoume,nuses doc and overall staff, however there are only so many postions they can fill and only so many part time opening so if you are looking for job security it wont be there, sadly many place can not offer security to there workers any more times are changeing the demand for workers are different and many places want to pay a low wage and over load there employees.
Georgian Bay General is filled with dedicated people who work hard and do there best every day, I am honered to work along side them.
Pros
beniftis/perentage of your lue
Cons
can be heart breaking and upseting
A Day at Georgian Bay
Security Officer (CASUAL) (Current Employee) –  Midland, ONNovember 13, 2013
A typical day includes patient watches for many hourss at a time. watching someone sleep all day is starting to wear on me and I need to do something else. I love taking care of people is my favorite part and the only thing that keeps me going.
Pros
caring for people
Cons
long hours no advancment

2.8