Georgian Bay General Hospital Employee Reviews

Fun and Enjoyable Place to Work
Pharmacy Technician Student (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON21 May 2017
The staff there is for the most part really good and easy to get along with, everyone know what they are doing and is professional in the field. The staff there is very helpful and willing to teach you if you don't know something or are struggling.
Pros
The Staff
Cons
Long Hours
Unhealthy
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON4 April 2017
Use to be a great place to work years ago. Would i work there again? Never, with what I feel has become a toxic work environment, no work/life balance, the feeling of being constantly watched, low moral. Concerns voiced appear to fall on deaf ears.
Pros
Enjoyed my work but workplace culture was not progressive.
Medical Lab Technologist (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON13 March 2017
Workplace saw many changes during my 11 years there.
Needed to become a more progressive environment to keep up with Healthcare standards in the rest of the province in terms of technology, workplace culture, employee satisfaction.
Improvemetns were made but still more were required.
great workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON21 December 2016
I love the small town feel this hospital has and the staff are so friendly and helpful. great working experience

lots of room for trying out new fields and a lot of support in doing so.
Pros
small hospital
Cons
not many ammenities
Energetic and motivating place to work
Switchboard Operator (Full Time (15-present)) (Current Employee) –  Midland, ON10 July 2016
I have learned many things working at the Hospital that I will take with me through life. And have made loyal friends that helped made my work experience so fun. Love interacting with the public and being helpful.
Pros
everyday was different from the next
Cons
dealing with the sick and lonely
Small Town Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Midland, ON8 March 2016
As a small hospital each floor can have patients from the age of 1 - 101. It requires a very broad skill set and the ability to look after a multitude of different patients with a variety of illnesses.
Excellent learning environment for a student
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON27 May 2015
Working as a student nurse at Georgian Bay General was a fun and sometimes hectic experience. The mornings were always the busiest time of the day, and then things began to slow down as the day went on. I learned a lot during my time there and got the opportunity to practice various nursing and communication skills. An actual nurse was always around somewhere if I needed help with something and they were always kind and informative. Since this was a student placement for school I had to rate the salary/benefits as a one star because I wasn't paid anything.
Pros
Working with all types of people.
Cons
Working with all types of people.
Horrible Place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Penetanguishene, ON14 October 2014
Starts out okay.. than you start to see just how little G4S cares vfor their employees. uniforms are never "in stock" becasue they want to keep the 45 pairs of the size of pants you want in stock for people closer in case of emergency... when you have a question they never respond to you..

if management cared about there employees.. this would be a great place to work. i was lucky and had an awesome supervisor at my site, but her boss and the boss representing g4s were not a employee first management person
A Day at Georgian Bay
Security Officer (CASUAL) (Current Employee) –  Midland, ON13 November 2013
A typical day includes patient watches for many hourss at a time. watching someone sleep all day is starting to wear on me and I need to do something else. I love taking care of people is my favorite part and the only thing that keeps me going.
Pros
caring for people
Cons
long hours no advancment
Good hard honest working people
Housekkeping Ade (Current Employee) –  Midland, ON3 May 2012
This is a good place to work, people are awsoume,nuses doc and overall staff, however there are only so many postions they can fill and only so many part time opening so if you are looking for job security it wont be there, sadly many place can not offer security to there workers any more times are changeing the demand for workers are different and many places want to pay a low wage and over load there employees.
Georgian Bay General is filled with dedicated people who work hard and do there best every day, I am honered to work along side them.
Pros
beniftis/perentage of your lue
Cons
can be heart breaking and upseting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgian Bay General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Georgian Bay General Hospital Reviews by Location