Georgia-Pacific

Georgia-Pacific Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun
mixer man (Former Employee), Caledonia, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: easy going
Cons: job security
productive workplace and hard working that shows results. Every day is challenging with mostly positive results. Management tries to stay positive through these tough times.
Productive team player
Labourer (Former Employee), Englehart, ONMay 1, 2013
- General mill cleanup
- Mill Blowdown
- Cleaning of mill blenders
- Millwright helper
Excellent benefits
MACHINE OPERATOR & QUALITY CONTROL SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 25, 2014
I have been here for a a few years and enjoy the workplace. The benefits are outstanding and safety is a priority here.
Very Productive
Glue Line Supervisor (Current Employee), Gurdon, ARJuly 25, 2014
Very Hot, Good people, Understanding, 12hrs to 14 hrs days,
It had good benefits and close to home.
Operator 1, 2 (Former Employee), Corrigan, TXJuly 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not a good management with lots of favoritism.
I went in and started stacking the veneer, and when needed went over to the automatic stacker while in 100+ degree environment.
A plywood plant
Feeder/Grader (Former Employee), Dudley, NCJuly 24, 2014
I worked in The Dryers department on a shift of twelve hours or more. I learned a lot about safety, fire watching, and confined space. My co-workers were a great team who stuck together and looked out for one another. The hardest part of my job was the heat in the summer (whatever the temperature was outside it was an additional twenty degrees inside). – more... The most enjoyable part of my job was working at a company that made sure safety comes first before production. – less
Beautiful Campus
CUSTOMER SOLUTIONS- COSTCO DIVISION/RETAIL CUSTOM (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: beautiful campus and happy employees
Cons: parking
I was on a contract during my time there, however, I definitely appreciated the atmosphere and potential room for growth.
Warehouseman (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 23, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: pay
load and unload trucks, railcars good place to work co-workers were great. hardest part was had some lazy people but in all good place to work
Georgia Pacific is a very nice place to work with a large diverse group of people
Customer Rebate Analyst (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 17, 2014
Pros: processes are becoming streamlined with more automation
Cons: manual report tracking has increased.
A typical day is reviewing emails and responding as needed. Obtain & review daily workload reports to prioritize & schedule tasks for the day. The hardest part of my current position is knowing when to stop researching an issue and ask for help. I enjoy troubleshooting & finding solutions. At times this can take longer than anticipated. I enjoy finding – more... new more efficient ways to complete tasks, then teaching co-workers the process. – less
Nice place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee), Meridian, MSJuly 11, 2014
Did not have any complaints about the job..great work environment and co workers
Really Enjoyed It
Legal Intern, Law Department (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2014
Nice People and Nice atmosphere. The legal department is hardworking but friendly.
it was challenge to work there and learn what I could
Glue line – utility (Former Employee), Warm Springs, GAJune 30, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: allergy to pine scent
I worked 12 hour shifts, 2 day on and 2 days off every other weekend.
I learned how ply wood was made, glue spray levels .
Co-work got along well with them, I was there to work and really not make friends.
Hard part about my job was learn I could not work there due to allergy to pine scent .
Don't waste your time!!!!
Large Forklift Operator (Former Employee), McCormick, SCJune 27, 2014
Pros: free products that the company makes
Cons: short breaks and lunch, pay, and work schedule
I don't know about other Georgia Pacific locations but, the McCormick Sawmill is nothing but a modern-day slave plantation!
If you have a family or like have time off, please don't work there. Management is screwed up, some of the workers there are scared to stand up and work together, and the entire facility and equipment is old and raggedy.
Opportuntity
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJune 26, 2014
Pros: best place ever to work. friendly co-worker and good communicative supervisor.
Cons: no transfer for skill job
Not only I like my job, but they offer also a lot of opportunity and room for advancement. Started as machine operator and promoted to line mechanic.
productive, friendly work place
Grader (Former Employee), Dudley, NCJune 25, 2014
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at was hot but calm.
I learn many thing almost everyday such as running the end feed as well as out feed of dryers, and simple was to grading wood. Management was okay. coworker were friendly yet quiet, hard works like myself. The hardest part of the job was the coldness.
its a job
Millwright (Current Employee), Warm Springs, GAJune 25, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: time off, work holidays and the hours suck and its hot
If you come to work for GP . Don't have a family cause you don't get to spend time with them much. Mandatory 10 hr days and you work every holiday. Pay is decent but you don't get time to enjoy it
Production Crew Leader/ Shift Capability Leader
Crew Leader / Shift Capability Leader (Current Employee), Rincon, GAJune 25, 2014
Pros: incentive for safety milestones, incentive for improvement ideas and annual performance pay
Cons: healthcare is fair however, it can be better
A typical day at work consist of my arrival to work at 6:00 (a.m. or p.m), checking emails and conversing with my fellow crew leader who is making a shift change with me. We converse on information as it relates to the job while on duty. In other words, we exchange pertinent updated information from each other's shift. We go into shift overlap where – more... safety information, quality, production and information from management is given to the machine operators.
After which, I have a crew lead overlap where an exchange of communication from crew leaders from various departments is shared. Again, a review of safety, quality, production and a check of staffing is done to see if any adjustment is needed for staffing to the priority machines. Then, I check on operators to see if they are in need of any resources. Upon which resources are made available if needed for safety. mechanical, and electrical issues. After which, I check attendance and document absentees and or late arrivals. Kronos is a type of informational system I used to input codes for the machines where machine operators are working that day/night, vacation time and also family medical and emergency leave recorded.
The hardest part of my job is identifying the gaps of skills needed to perform proficiently on the machine assigned. I must take into consideration if the person has been trained on the machine, or more training on that particular machine is needed to enhance performance while keeping safety, quality and production at point, if further training on various machines in that department is needed in case of an absent or a machine is down, job skill knowledge, and making sure that they are authorize and qualified on the machine they are operating.
The most enjoyable part of my job is leading my team into the number one production team, communicating and enhancing the MBM(Market Based Management) framework and ten guiding principles, as it relates to safety, quality and production, being able to implement safety ideas and enhancements for better performance from the machines and seeing the culture of the facility change. I am a creative person. I like to develop new concepts for the machines to perform better this is where I get my fulfillment when my team is safe and productive putting out the best quality product. – less
good place to work
Tow Motor Operator (Current Employee), Palatka, FLJune 25, 2014
good place to work. good pay. good people to work with. good benifits
early start, good team work
Driver (Current Employee), Denton, TXJune 25, 2014
Pros: home daily and off the weekend
Cons: waiting on loads when plant is down
I start at 3am due my post trip,pretrip and make my on time delivery. I have learned time management and good custmer service. I enjoy what i do because you are always learning. The hardest part is not getting paid for waiting 2 or hours for a load. Good team everyone helpin each other to be better drivers.
Job
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Dudley, NCJune 23, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: advancement
Its a great company to work for great pay. every holiday off. 2 week Christmas vacation.

1 2 3 4 5

About Georgia-Pacific

What's on Georgia-Pacific's mind? A whole lotta different products, that's what. Georgia-Pacific (GP) is one of the leading tissue – Read more

Georgia-Pacific Photos