George Weston Limited Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
great company to work for
Receptionist/Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
Benefits were great, staff were always friendly and helpful. Fast paced environment and gained experience working for George Weston for 10 years.
Productive & fun. Great values. Excellent atmosphere.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON7 May 2014
My typical day would begin with me arriving early, to greet my co-workers as they arrived, with a smile & a good morning (or good afternoon, or evening) as the case would be. Their positivity was infectious and the work day would fly by. The employees were companionable & friendly, the employers fair and personable, understanding & honest too. I learned that if a person built up too much steam at one job, they could be rotated to even out the workflow, and adjust the rate of work between the young & old. The hardest part of the job was in evaluating others for my team. The most enjoyable part was in meeting others and becoming a part of the community.
Pros
Employee incentives during employer/employee staff meetings, raffle for paid day off, coffee & donuts. Constructive criticism.
Cons
A long season (6 days a week/ 4 month stretch)
Financial Holding Company
Director, Enterprise Risk and Compliance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2012
Holdings include Loblaw Companies Limited and North American Bakeries