George Ross Caterers (GRC) is a privately owned company providing industrial camp services to the oil and gas and construction industries in Western Canada. GRC was founded with the simple principle of being the “Best” camp catering experience for our clients. By providing the highest quality ingredients prepared by superior and enthusiastic people, GRC has seen dramatic growth and strong customer loyalty. GRC is looking for the controller that will help it continue to grow, while maintaining its mandate of being the Best.
Location: Calgary, with some travel involved to camp locations.
Job Description: Reporting to the joint owners, the controller will have responsibility for the financial management of the GRC including:
- Financial reporting – year end GAAP statements, structured monthly reporting and ad hoc.
- Regulatory compliance – all government reporting and remittance filings for sales taxes, income taxes etc.
- Development and maintenance of the systems of internal control – with particular emphasis on inventory and asset tracking and control.
- Responsibility for financial systems - AR, AP and Payroll.
- Liaise with external financial resources –auditors, advisors.
- Budget development and variance analysis, - capital and operating.
- Working with senior management and the joint owners to develop a system of performance measures.
- Analyzing complex business situations and summarizing key issues and making practical value added recommendations
- High ethical core belief system.
- Leadership, initiative and personal effectiveness.
- Interpersonal communications – an open and articulate communicator.
- Analytical results oriented business skills.
Qualifications: A professional accounting designation, coupled with industry and managerial experience. Preference will be given to those candidates with experience in the hospitality, distribution or manufacturing industries and to those candidates who have demonstrated financial leadership in small, hands-on and growing office environments.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter
George Ross Caterers is among the best camp catering companies in Alberta and Saskatchewan.