George Brown College Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
competitive and productive workplace
Math Tutor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2014
A typical day at work is very competitive, trying to get as many clients as possible. The management is well organised. we have atleast one training every month. Also, my coworkers are very cooperative helping each other in difficulties. Especially, when one member cannot make it, others step up to cover up.
PART TIME ( Computer Science Instructor )
Instructor-Computer Science ( PART TIME ) (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJuly 18, 2014
Pros: flexible working conditions
Cons: did not like the work culture
•Taught Computer Science applications. Information Systems, WindowsXp, etc.

Foster student growth and development by assisting individuals with difficulties and challenging advanced learners. Design, administer and grade exams, assignments, group projects and group presentations.

Work directly with faculty in sourcing appropriate class room materials and creating new student challenges.
Devleoped a stronger team and a more productive department
Payroll Manager (Former Employee), TorontoOctober 3, 2014
Working at GBC has been a great experience, gaining knowledge and better understanding of what is important to some staff members.
Some people see work as just a job and it is unfortunate that somethings cannot change.
Over all it was challenging and I can say I was successful in my task.
An environment of academic nurishment
Peer Assistant Learning Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 25, 2014
Pros: the learning environment
Cons: micro-managing environment
A typical day at the PAL Centre was challenging but rewarding. I have learned a lot about self and time management and built up my engagement skills. My manager was so passionate about what she did and we developed the same passion. My co-workers were all very hard working and all enjoyed helping fellow students in need and tried their best to accommodate. The hardest part of the job was convincing students to utilize all of the resources in the college, most students are full of pride and think they can do it all by their selves. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning, I learned so much!
Motivational Education
Welding Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2015
Continuous learning environment that adapts to the changing lives and technologies and generations around us. Always looking out for the little guy and helping those who need it.
it's fun and diverse place to work at
support staff for CWTP (Former Employee), torontoMarch 11, 2014
Pros: free refreshments during movie nights/days
Cons: not enough hours due to being a student and we are only allowed to have certain amount of hours
Students would come in asking about the centre and we would answer their questions or give them pamphlets for whatever they were asking. For example. If they want answers about other women centre in Toronto we would get a pamphlet for different kind of centres around Toronto. There are days when students would just come in to have a safe space for the time being while at school. We would do movie nights or sometimes in the afternoon. We would have speakers come in about women issues.
George Brown is a Great place to work
3D Printing Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2014
Pros: hands on experience with a 3d printer and extra practice with cad programs
Cons: not enough work hours.
I was in charge of 3D printing for the entirety of the T146 program, and although i only had to work about 10 hours a week (due to other classes i was taking and study requirements) I feel the time I spent working for them was incredibly enjoyable and fulfilling. I had to ensure the students didn't exceed a specific volume requirement of material and in doing so i was also required to assist with redesigns of particularly large models. Then i would simply print the components and troubleshoot the printer if anything went wrong.
Support Staff Student Consistency (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2014
Support Staff Student Consistency, George Brown College , Toronto, ON Oct. 2012 - April 2013
 Documented work order requests; planned and organized work to meet all deadlines and requirements.
Designed marketing and graphic products to advertise large corporation events for hosts, which preparations began two months earlier for each event.
An awesome place to work!
Peer Note Taker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 22, 2013
George Brown College is an awesome place to study and work! I was working on campus while being a student at George Brown College, the job as Peer Note Taker gave me the opportunity to understand how do schools other than Business school work especially the school of design and the school of community services. The Professors teaching styles and class room environments all were different my school. I enjoyed my work there!
Great working environment
Safewalk Captain (Current Employee), Welcome deskOctober 23, 2014
A typical day at work is fun. working at the school allows you to interact with people from numerous cultures and background. Management provides the best resources to make our job easier and more effect to reach the students, staffs and visitors.
Upbeat, fast paced work environment.
Restorative Dental Assistant Instructor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: fun to share knowledge with others. conversing with students and fellow team members.
Cons: hectic at times.
Sharing knowledge and teaching students new clinical skills. Learned to speak in front of a lot of students. Enjoyed working with team members. Well managed. Hardest part was trying to get to each individual student in a timely fashion in order for them to carry on with procedures. Enjoyable part was working in an educational setting...teaching, demonstrating and testing.
Filing & data entry
Office Clerk (Former Employee), TORONTOJanuary 27, 2013
I was only allowed to work 15 hours/week
I learned so many areas of office work such as filing (in alphabetical order), enter students' info onto one of the school computer system
The skills I gained from this job - organizational skill, communication skill, and time-management skill.
The hardest part of the job - put the document in alphabetical order according to the students' last name
The most enjoyable part of the job - to meet different staff members in financial department and gain some office experience.
Great Job Experience
Ryerson Campus Director (Former Employee), Student AssociationJuly 20, 2012
Pros: free dinners, trips to ottawa, flexible schedule.
Cons: on the clock all day, everyday.
Working for George Brown College provided me with the opportunity to meet new people everyday from our school and different schools across Canada. Working for them I was also given the opportunity to go to Leadership Academy and successfully receive my certificate. Very friendly and helpful environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was going to National meetings in Ottawa, and being able to make new friends across Canada. The hardest part about the job was maintaining contact with other employees who were not serious about their jobs, and made it difficult to stay in contact.
Great place to develope young minds
Electrical Instructor, (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: up to date information
Cons: non
Great environment. Class and field trip endeavours created a well balanced and hands on learning experience.
my typical day at work
Library's Student Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 23, 2012
on daily basis i had to help students with computer related issues as well as helping them in printing, setting the passwords for college accounts.the one thing i enjoyed about this job is to helping the students with assignments because when i was not working their i always want to do a job in which i can helping other students who have any issues in submitting their assignments on time.
Friendly and fun workplace
Student Ambassador (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 21, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: bad pay
It's a very tight community where everyone is interactive; management is easy going and co-workers are like family. The hardest part of the job is dealing with frustrated students who are impantient and sometimes, verbally abusive. The most enjoyable part of the job is being helpful and putting nervous students especially first years at ease.
Fun Workplace and suitable for my schedule
Peer Notetaker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 14, 2012
- Attend and take notes in lectures as allocated by the Disability Advice Assistant
- Learned to work in a fast paced environment, listen and pay attention to detail
- Management works to provide a safe and well balanced work environment
- most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to sit in other classes and there is always something new to learn
Interesting position to get experience
Student Ambassador (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: a lot of dedication
The workplace was awesome. People trying and offering help overtime. Friendly co-workers.
free school for staff
Staff and Faculty Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee), Casa RomaJuly 11, 2012
Pros: free lunch in college or at cooking school
Cons: christmas will work long hours, we do 2 payrolls run.
I have been working in George College for three years as Staff and

Faculty Payroll Coordinator. And I have achieved customer Service

Award and Awards of Excellence. We have five co - worker work

together 500 personal of 2500 employees.
A place to make mistakes
Web designer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2012
This job required an outcome and it gave me freedom to make mistakes. I worked in a team of three. We communicated with each other but otherwise had no fixed schedule. The project was done on time and I had a great experience using the full suite of Microsoft Internet Development platforms. It was the most up to date software at that time.
Headquarters