George Brown College Employee Reviews in Canada

Amazing place to work
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2015
An absolutely incredible place to work. The team was incredibly supportive, helpful and compassionate. If not for my relocating I would've loved to have stayed with George Brown College for a very long time.
Great school fo learning
Co-Op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2015
* Learn a lot with great teachers and tools
* Great platform of interaction teacher-student
* Great tools to help enhance skills sets
Educator for ECE students
Faculty and Professor for ECE students (Current Employee) –  Ryerson/ George Brown College - TorontoJanuary 29, 2015
I have worked with George Brown College for many years and continue to utilize my skills in teaching. I approach this role with a goal to challenge students thinking and bias when working with children and families in community childcare centres. I work to broaden students awareness of the issues that many families face and to approach children and families with respect and appreciation and focus on their strengths. I work to encourage ECE student to learn from 'those children', who present with challenging behaviours and to think outside the box.
Pros
enjoy role of facilitator, am skillful and approach this role with a unique lens.
Cons
part time, no benefits
Perfect place to retire
Technology Program Manage New Waterfront Campus (Former Employee) –  TorontoJanuary 28, 2015
During my time at GBC I was a contractor dealing with the development of a new campus. This gave me plenty of opportunity to expand my practical knowledge and experience. I was part of a small but effective management team with excellent leaders.

General speaking everyone I met and worked with was excellent and i would work with these people again
Pros
excellent place if you are at management level
Cons
unionized so not a place to be recognized for outstanding work
Overall great learning environment
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  toronto, ONJune 29, 2015
I enjoyed my time in their gorgeous clinic, the staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Clinic was very clean and up to date. Included electronic record keeping.
Leader in Hospitality Education
Part-time Professor, Events (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 13, 2015
Urban Toronto state of the art education facility! Eager students willing to roll up their sleeves and think outside of the box make a day at this facility feel more like fun than work. A truly wonderful place to be.
Proudctive and interesting
Peer Notetaker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 15, 2014
A typical 2 or 3hrs on the job is taking notes for students who have challenges and cannot take notes, whether or not it's a disability or an inability to accurately understand. It is very rewarding as I am providing assistance to persons who need it. I learn new and helpful things in some of the classes and I have found all of them so far to be interesting. I work on my own, there's no manager - my schedule is known and I take my responsibilities seriously. Notes are always provided in the 24hours stipulated time period.
Pros
abiltiy to learn other subjects not offered in my course, sometimes they are very interesting and sometimes they are helpful
I was a part time instructor
Instructor Photography (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2015
Taught digital photography courses. Created digital photography course in 1996. Many students had low levels of experience with computers and the major challenge was to get the students to a level where they could successfully complete a basic assignment.
Had fun and made lots of friends in this workplace.
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 13, 2014
I helped students who had problems with math.
I learnt most office procedures while I was working at George Brown College. This work experience had helped me improve my communication skills, both verbal and written.
Most of my co-workers are very nice and friendly. We worked together and helped with each other when we had a difficult questions.
Most hardest part of this job is when the students are very upset and lost their confidence. I had to help them get out of this bad situations.
We had a semi-meeting which was the most enjoyable part of this job. From the meeting, all of the tutors get together, discuss and learn new skills of dealing with people.
Computer Systems Technology Diploma
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 8, 2014
This three-year program is designed with extensive input from industry and offers two optional specializations in its third year. The Networking specialization focuses on network security, voice-over-IP (VoIP) and wireless LANs. The Systems specialization focuses on mail server administration, content management systems (Collaboration), database administration and computer security. Both specializations include core courses on infrastructure virtualization (through the VMWare IT Academy), along with best practices in IT.
Very good management
Computer lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2015
I liked working for George Brown College library.
Great management, great communication between staff/management.
Pros
Lab monitor
PART TIME ( Computer Science Instructor )
Instructor-Computer Science ( PART TIME ) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJuly 18, 2014
•Taught Computer Science applications. Information Systems, WindowsXp, etc.

Foster student growth and development by assisting individuals with difficulties and challenging advanced learners. Design, administer and grade exams, assignments, group projects and group presentations.

Work directly with faculty in sourcing appropriate class room materials and creating new student challenges.
Pros
flexible working conditions
Cons
did not like the work culture
volunteer job
Cisco Student Events (Former Employee) –  torontoJune 22, 2015
Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning, troubleshooting network problems.
An environment of academic nurishment
Peer Assistant Learning Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 25, 2014
A typical day at the PAL Centre was challenging but rewarding. I have learned a lot about self and time management and built up my engagement skills. My manager was so passionate about what she did and we developed the same passion. My co-workers were all very hard working and all enjoyed helping fellow students in need and tried their best to accommodate. The hardest part of the job was convincing students to utilize all of the resources in the college, most students are full of pride and think they can do it all by their selves. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning, I learned so much!
Pros
the learning environment
Cons
micro-managing environment
competitive and productive workplace
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2014
A typical day at work is very competitive, trying to get as many clients as possible. The management is well organised. we have atleast one training every month. Also, my coworkers are very cooperative helping each other in difficulties. Especially, when one member cannot make it, others step up to cover up.
it's fun and diverse place to work at
support staff for CWTP (Former Employee) –  torontoMarch 11, 2014
Students would come in asking about the centre and we would answer their questions or give them pamphlets for whatever they were asking. For example. If they want answers about other women centre in Toronto we would get a pamphlet for different kind of centres around Toronto. There are days when students would just come in to have a safe space for the time being while at school. We would do movie nights or sometimes in the afternoon. We would have speakers come in about women issues.
Pros
free refreshments during movie nights/days
Cons
not enough hours due to being a student and we are only allowed to have certain amount of hours
George Brown is a Great place to work
3D Printing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2014
I was in charge of 3D printing for the entirety of the T146 program, and although i only had to work about 10 hours a week (due to other classes i was taking and study requirements) I feel the time I spent working for them was incredibly enjoyable and fulfilling. I had to ensure the students didn't exceed a specific volume requirement of material and in doing so i was also required to assist with redesigns of particularly large models. Then i would simply print the components and troubleshoot the printer if anything went wrong.
Pros
hands on experience with a 3d printer and extra practice with cad programs
Cons
not enough work hours.
Support Staff Student Consistency (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2014
Support Staff Student Consistency, George Brown College , Toronto, ON Oct. 2012 - April 2013
 Documented work order requests; planned and organized work to meet all deadlines and requirements.
Designed marketing and graphic products to advertise large corporation events for hosts, which preparations began two months earlier for each event.
Great Job Experience
Ryerson Campus Director (Former Employee) –  Student AssociationJuly 20, 2012
Working for George Brown College provided me with the opportunity to meet new people everyday from our school and different schools across Canada. Working for them I was also given the opportunity to go to Leadership Academy and successfully receive my certificate. Very friendly and helpful environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was going to National meetings in Ottawa, and being able to make new friends across Canada. The hardest part about the job was maintaining contact with other employees who were not serious about their jobs, and made it difficult to stay in contact.
Pros
free dinners, trips to ottawa, flexible schedule.
Cons
on the clock all day, everyday.
Upbeat, fast paced work environment.
Restorative Dental Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 8, 2013
Sharing knowledge and teaching students new clinical skills. Learned to speak in front of a lot of students. Enjoyed working with team members. Well managed. Hardest part was trying to get to each individual student in a timely fashion in order for them to carry on with procedures. Enjoyable part was working in an educational setting...teaching, demonstrating and testing.
Pros
fun to share knowledge with others. conversing with students and fellow team members.
Cons
hectic at times.

4.3