George Brown College Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive work place
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 13, 2013
A good place to network and help students. Besides creating a good portfolio and ample opportunities to expand horizon.
Pros
good work
Cons
salary
Great people and good college
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 13, 2013
I enjoy working with the students and motivate them to go further in life by educating themselves and looking for the positive in everything
Pros
great salary
Cons
part time
Great Place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 9, 2015
Fun and cool place to work. Lots to learn every day. Good management. Excited to be there every morning. Good supervisors to work with.
Pros
Flexible working style
Cons
pay is less
Great school fo learning
Co-Op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2015
* Learn a lot with great teachers and tools
* Great platform of interaction teacher-student
* Great tools to help enhance skills sets
Productive relaxing workplace
Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2015
Open hours are cut and dry.
Environment is constantly trying to adapt to changes in technology.
Moving up is difficult due to a lot of competition and changing requirements.
Very good management
Computer lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2015
I liked working for George Brown College library.
Great management, great communication between staff/management.
Pros
Lab monitor
Perfect place to retire
Technology Program Manage New Waterfront Campus (Former Employee) –  TorontoJanuary 28, 2015
During my time at GBC I was a contractor dealing with the development of a new campus. This gave me plenty of opportunity to expand my practical knowledge and experience. I was part of a small but effective management team with excellent leaders.

General speaking everyone I met and worked with was excellent and i would work with these people again
Pros
excellent place if you are at management level
Cons
unionized so not a place to be recognized for outstanding work
Amazing place to work
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2015
An absolutely incredible place to work. The team was incredibly supportive, helpful and compassionate. If not for my relocating I would've loved to have stayed with George Brown College for a very long time.
Computer Systems Technology Diploma
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 8, 2014
This three-year program is designed with extensive input from industry and offers two optional specializations in its third year. The Networking specialization focuses on network security, voice-over-IP (VoIP) and wireless LANs. The Systems specialization focuses on mail server administration, content management systems (Collaboration), database administration and computer security. Both specializations include core courses on infrastructure virtualization (through the VMWare IT Academy), along with best practices in IT.
An environment of academic nurishment
Peer Assistant Learning Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 25, 2014
A typical day at the PAL Centre was challenging but rewarding. I have learned a lot about self and time management and built up my engagement skills. My manager was so passionate about what she did and we developed the same passion. My co-workers were all very hard working and all enjoyed helping fellow students in need and tried their best to accommodate. The hardest part of the job was convincing students to utilize all of the resources in the college, most students are full of pride and think they can do it all by their selves. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning, I learned so much!
Pros
the learning environment
Cons
micro-managing environment
Excellent opportunities available to students attending lecture on campus. Flexible hours and good pay.
Student Services Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 26, 2015
Offered note taking services for students registered with George Brown College and its ongoing effort to provide accessible learning facilities and services. Responsibilities included providing quality class notes and making sure submissions were legible and made on time.
Overall great learning environment
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  toronto, ONJune 29, 2015
I enjoyed my time in their gorgeous clinic, the staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Clinic was very clean and up to date. Included electronic record keeping.
Proudctive and interesting
Peer Notetaker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 15, 2014
A typical 2 or 3hrs on the job is taking notes for students who have challenges and cannot take notes, whether or not it's a disability or an inability to accurately understand. It is very rewarding as I am providing assistance to persons who need it. I learn new and helpful things in some of the classes and I have found all of them so far to be interesting. I work on my own, there's no manager - my schedule is known and I take my responsibilities seriously. Notes are always provided in the 24hours stipulated time period.
Pros
abiltiy to learn other subjects not offered in my course, sometimes they are very interesting and sometimes they are helpful
competitive and productive workplace
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2014
A typical day at work is very competitive, trying to get as many clients as possible. The management is well organised. we have atleast one training every month. Also, my coworkers are very cooperative helping each other in difficulties. Especially, when one member cannot make it, others step up to cover up.
Had fun and made lots of friends in this workplace.
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 13, 2014
I helped students who had problems with math.
I learnt most office procedures while I was working at George Brown College. This work experience had helped me improve my communication skills, both verbal and written.
Most of my co-workers are very nice and friendly. We worked together and helped with each other when we had a difficult questions.
Most hardest part of this job is when the students are very upset and lost their confidence. I had to help them get out of this bad situations.
We had a semi-meeting which was the most enjoyable part of this job. From the meeting, all of the tutors get together, discuss and learn new skills of dealing with people.
volunteer job
Cisco Student Events (Former Employee) –  torontoJune 22, 2015
Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning, troubleshooting network problems.
Leader in Hospitality Education
Part-time Professor, Events (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 13, 2015
Urban Toronto state of the art education facility! Eager students willing to roll up their sleeves and think outside of the box make a day at this facility feel more like fun than work. A truly wonderful place to be.
Notetaker
Computerized Notetaker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 3, 2015
Take notes for the deaf & hard of hearing students. Responsible for helping them achieve academic success. Very independent role and very satisfying.
layed back understanding
SHELVER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 6, 2015
Can learn a lot about people, community and Toronto culture. Motivating environment. Friendly staff and team members. They understand school comes first.
Pros
at school
Cons
manager not always available
Filing & data entry
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  TORONTOJanuary 27, 2013
I was only allowed to work 15 hours/week
I learned so many areas of office work such as filing (in alphabetical order), enter students' info onto one of the school computer system
The skills I gained from this job - organizational skill, communication skill, and time-management skill.
The hardest part of the job - put the document in alphabetical order according to the students' last name
The most enjoyable part of the job - to meet different staff members in financial department and gain some office experience.

4.3