George Brown College Employee Reviews in Canada

During my years of work and study I enjoyed the variety of experience and knowledge which I gained at school as well as at dental offices.
Dental Hygiene Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 16, 2015
The faculty staff at George Brown College prepared us for private practice challenges. We were taught to provide the best care for our clients and to devise and implement customized personal treatment plans.
Helping fellow students with their assigned projects and getting compensated for it....best part time job ever!
Laboratory/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunnybrook HospitalSeptember 8, 2015
Challenging program, and is completely thorough in its approach to teaching. As a TA you impart the knowledge you learned to the first years. It also helps to reinforce the things you learned while helping them through their projects.
Interactive as well as productive
Financial Aid office as Administrative (Former Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 14, 2015
Time and time people often ask, what kind of job you are looking for, often my answer concludes with simple answer, "A place where people begin day with smile and a cup of coffee". A perfect place where things like this happened. Absolutely content.
management
Part time faculty - ECE program (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2015
George Brown College is amazing and supportive of it's staff. I welcome all opportunities to be a part of the Early Childhood Education Program.
Pros
great salary, automomy
Cons
part time, no benefits
Fun and great working environment
On-Call Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 29, 2015
All colleagues are nice to work with. Everyone help everyone out to over come any issues at work. Managers are nice and sometimes will have little treats.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Schedule changes
NA
Director, International (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 8, 2015
The organization is going through change. But very slowly. It is very centrally run and all decisions are taken at the top.
Professional and easy-going learning environment
Esthetics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 27, 2015
- I hold weekly private teaching sessions with students who require extra help with course material
- In this position I patiently listen to students’ difficulties with the course and explain concepts at their pace
- I also provide instruction and assistance with Theoretical and Practical material
- I have learnt to handle different barriers students face and I am able to help assist students with learning disabilities
- The faculty is extremely helpful and have a good sense of community and team work
- The hardest part of this job is when students aren't successful in finding volunteers to practice services on
- The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing students succeed and excel and that my efforts truly helped them
Pros
Helps me keep up to date with esthetic procedures and knowledge
Cons
Pay is low
Productive relaxing workplace
Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2015
Open hours are cut and dry.
Environment is constantly trying to adapt to changes in technology.
Moving up is difficult due to a lot of competition and changing requirements.
Interactive job that helps assist students with library and computer inquires
Student Monitor (Former Employee) –  Monitor, ABMay 1, 2015
I would first check all the printers need paper.
Check each section to make sure chairs were at a computer.
Walk around every 15 minutes to monitor students and to be of help.
Demonstrate the steps of scanning, photocopying and printing.
Management was always available to help and understanding.
My co-workers were awesome, fun to talk to and hard workers.
The hardest part of the job was keeping myself busy.
The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and helping out students.
Pros
Worked with my school schedule and no weekends.
Cons
Needed more hours.
Good workplace for academic development.
Professor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2015
Enjoy teaching but it could be better if the standard of students could be higher (which is possible only at university level).
Pros
Free Training for Development
Cons
Difficult to raise the standard further because of students' limitations.
Great Place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 9, 2015
Fun and cool place to work. Lots to learn every day. Good management. Excited to be there every morning. Good supervisors to work with.
Pros
Flexible working style
Cons
pay is less
Excellent opportunities available to students attending lecture on campus. Flexible hours and good pay.
Student Services Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 26, 2015
Offered note taking services for students registered with George Brown College and its ongoing effort to provide accessible learning facilities and services. Responsibilities included providing quality class notes and making sure submissions were legible and made on time.
Great school fo learning
Co-Op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2015
* Learn a lot with great teachers and tools
* Great platform of interaction teacher-student
* Great tools to help enhance skills sets
Amazing place to work
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2015
An absolutely incredible place to work. The team was incredibly supportive, helpful and compassionate. If not for my relocating I would've loved to have stayed with George Brown College for a very long time.
Overall great learning environment
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  toronto, ONJune 29, 2015
I enjoyed my time in their gorgeous clinic, the staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Clinic was very clean and up to date. Included electronic record keeping.
Leader in Hospitality Education
Part-time Professor, Events (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 13, 2015
Urban Toronto state of the art education facility! Eager students willing to roll up their sleeves and think outside of the box make a day at this facility feel more like fun than work. A truly wonderful place to be.
Educator for ECE students
Faculty and Professor for ECE students (Current Employee) –  Ryerson/ George Brown College - TorontoJanuary 29, 2015
I have worked with George Brown College for many years and continue to utilize my skills in teaching. I approach this role with a goal to challenge students thinking and bias when working with children and families in community childcare centres. I work to broaden students awareness of the issues that many families face and to approach children and families with respect and appreciation and focus on their strengths. I work to encourage ECE student to learn from 'those children', who present with challenging behaviours and to think outside the box.
Pros
enjoy role of facilitator, am skillful and approach this role with a unique lens.
Cons
part time, no benefits
Perfect place to retire
Technology Program Manage New Waterfront Campus (Former Employee) –  TorontoJanuary 28, 2015
During my time at GBC I was a contractor dealing with the development of a new campus. This gave me plenty of opportunity to expand my practical knowledge and experience. I was part of a small but effective management team with excellent leaders.

General speaking everyone I met and worked with was excellent and i would work with these people again
Pros
excellent place if you are at management level
Cons
unionized so not a place to be recognized for outstanding work
Very good management
Computer lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2015
I liked working for George Brown College library.
Great management, great communication between staff/management.
Pros
Lab monitor
I was a part time instructor
Instructor Photography (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2015
Taught digital photography courses. Created digital photography course in 1996. Many students had low levels of experience with computers and the major challenge was to get the students to a level where they could successfully complete a basic assignment.

4.3