George Brown College Employee Reviews

great place
Building Renovator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2016
it was a great place. i found it to be good for coop. a fun environment. location is close to transportation. opportunities for growth. great management
Great hands on experience
Team Lead Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2016
Great company and placement to get a lot of situational hands on experience from medicals, dealing with small children (day care center), disputes/assault, harassment etc.
West 49
Senior Contact Agent (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 August 2016
West 49 had a very comfortable and inventive office environment. Every day brought a new challenge that made the position very exciting. The management gave you structure, but also gave you the space to be creative.
Convinient workplace
Student Monitor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2016
Convinient with school schedule
Replenish papers for printers
Learned how to use scanner machine and other software in computer
Fun workplace
Fun co workers
Educator for ECE students
Faculty and Professor for ECE students (Current Employee) –  Ryerson/ George Brown College - Toronto29 January 2015
I have worked with George Brown College for many years and continue to utilize my skills in teaching. I approach this role with a goal to challenge students thinking and bias when working with children and families in community childcare centres. I work to broaden students awareness of the issues that many families face and to approach children and families with respect and appreciation and focus on their strengths. I work to encourage ECE student to learn from 'those children', who present with challenging behaviours and to think outside the box.
Pros
enjoy role of facilitator, am skillful and approach this role with a unique lens.
Cons
part time, no benefits
Great start for students
STUDENT AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2016
Fun environment to start as an administrative assistant job, specially being an immigrant student. It was a great way to start my office experience in Canada.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough hours
Teaching economics is my passion
professor, Economics (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2016
Introduce students to topics for discussion on PowerPoint slides.
Discuss topic in detail in an interactive mode. Answer questions posed by students, especially on diagrammatic representation, on the whiteboard.

I have learned that students are more active when I try to meet their understanding by raising standard gradually. The coworkers are quite helpful, though I normally do not need their assistance in teaching.

The hardest part of the job is coaxing the students into understanding mathematical parts.

The most enjoyable part of the job is finding that the students have done very well in exam books.
Pros
There is always opportunity for taking courses for professional improvement.
Cons
There are only few classes a month.
great online website to find work
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2016
I find it fun and exciting working at the college and especially find it beneficial as a student. A typical day at work is fun and relaxing, I enjoy the atmosphere and the people I work with. I have learned more about my school through this job and more information that student need in order to succeed. My co-workers are easy going, reliable and always willing help.The hardest part of the job and is being aware of all the new information at all times because dates are always changing and there are always new things to learn.
Love teaching, George Brown College gives me that opportunity to follow my passion to teach
Teacher - Centre for Continuous Learning (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2016
I graduated from George Brown in 1981, and for the last 22 Years i have enjoyed and has been a pleasure to tech the trade I have close to my heart. Fantastic place to be part of a trade and to be able follow my great passion to teach.

Office job
Student Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2016
The amount of work you have a s a student support representative varies through out the year. Typically you are busy in the beginning and of the semester. Meanwhile you are trying to plan and organize your amount of work throughout the semester. The people you work with vary depending on the department.
Pros
Good hours, good pay, you do not take your work home
Cons
not stimulating
excellent
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  casa loma7 September 2016
awesome experience
I met many nice people
I was able to coordinate the tournaments in the shortest time period using the least technological equipment
such a great experience
Fashion Business Student and Lab Monitor
Sewing Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2016
Graduate of FashionBusiness program where I was able to develop my skills as a fashion entrepreneur and network to Build my business.
Pros
education
Cons
Long Hours
management
Part time faculty - ECE program (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2015
George Brown College is amazing and supportive of it's staff. I welcome all opportunities to be a part of the Early Childhood Education Program.
Pros
great salary, automomy
Cons
part time, no benefits
Friendly and professional work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2016
Working as an administrative assistant at George Brown College, School of Makeup and aesthetics, was a great experience for me. I had the opportunity to work with and learn from smart business professionals. A typical day consisted of; receiving incoming phone calls from clients requesting information about student spa or courses, booking clients, and assisting with sales in store front.
Productive and fast paced workplace
Student Baker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2016
This was by far the most interesting work I have done. I had to be there at 9 am and work hard till 4. I had great co-workers and a phenomenal supervisor. The hardest part however was the heat. The most enjoyable part was making the food.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Standing for 7 hours
Good workplace for academic development.
Professor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2015
Enjoy teaching but it could be better if the standard of students could be higher (which is possible only at university level).
Pros
Free Training for Development
Cons
Difficult to raise the standard further because of students' limitations.
Love it
User Service Representative - Student Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2016
I work here as Student Helpdesk Representative and it is great environment we have a great team willing to go above and beyond for each other. Also, we act like one family.
Educates students from all walks of life.
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2016
It's a great place to work. Management and coworkers are friendly, courteous and fun to be around. A typical day at work is meeting hundreds of individuals a day, ringing up purchases and helping customers find the materials they are looking for. I learned to adapt to various methods of completing a transaction. An enjoyable part of the job is learning about the various courses students are taking, and getting a glimpse of their future hopes.
An intersting workplace with juniors having the same questions once I had.
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2016
A typical day at work included helping students with questions. I have learned how to explain complex topics by making them simple and giving demonstrations. Hardest part of the job would be to help a confused student and also it is the most enjoyable part of the job to be able to clear confusion of the same student over a topic.
Pros
Helping Juniors
GBC Review
Nursing Aide (Current Employee) –  GBC14 July 2016
It is a great company to work for if you actually manage to get full time. Coworkers however may be tougher to deal with than the superiors.
Pros
free coned courses
Cons
work overload

4.3