George Brown College Employee Reviews

Love it
User Service Representative - Student Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2016
I work here as Student Helpdesk Representative and it is great environment we have a great team willing to go above and beyond for each other. Also, we act like one family.
GBC Review
Nursing Aide (Current Employee) –  GBC14 July 2016
It is a great company to work for if you actually manage to get full time. Coworkers however may be tougher to deal with than the superiors.
Pros
free coned courses
Cons
work overload
Gbc
cleaning
polishing
fluoride
xrays
dental hygiene diagnosis of cavities
sealants
great online website to find work
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2016
I find it fun and exciting working at the college and especially find it beneficial as a student. A typical day at work is fun and relaxing, I enjoy the atmosphere and the people I work with. I have learned more about my school through this job and more information that student need in order to succeed. My co-workers are easy going, reliable and always willing help.The hardest part of the job and is being aware of all the new information at all times because dates are always changing and there are always new things to learn.
Office job
Student Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2016
The amount of work you have a s a student support representative varies through out the year. Typically you are busy in the beginning and of the semester. Meanwhile you are trying to plan and organize your amount of work throughout the semester. The people you work with vary depending on the department.
Pros
Good hours, good pay, you do not take your work home
Cons
not stimulating
Productive, fun and hard work
Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2016
First thing of every workday is go to the office and attend a 10 mins meeting (with free coffee and muffins) and the empoyer talks about which site to go to and what work is for the day, record and report back of the work process for the site and bring back to office, and reschedule how much of more time need to complete that specific job site.
benefits
Fashion Business Student and Lab Monitor
Sewing Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2016
Graduate of FashionBusiness program where I was able to develop my skills as a fashion entrepreneur and network to Build my business.
Pros
education
Cons
Long Hours
Friendly and professional work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2016
Working as an administrative assistant at George Brown College, School of Makeup and aesthetics, was a great experience for me. I had the opportunity to work with and learn from smart business professionals. A typical day consisted of; receiving incoming phone calls from clients requesting information about student spa or courses, booking clients, and assisting with sales in store front.
Teaching economics is my passion
professor, Economics (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2016
Introduce students to topics for discussion on PowerPoint slides.
Discuss topic in detail in an interactive mode. Answer questions posed by students, especially on diagrammatic representation, on the whiteboard.

I have learned that students are more active when I try to meet their understanding by raising standard gradually. The coworkers are quite helpful, though I normally do not need their assistance in teaching.

The hardest part of the job is coaxing the students into understanding mathematical parts.

The most enjoyable part of the job is finding that the students have done very well in exam books.
Pros
There is always opportunity for taking courses for professional improvement.
Cons
There are only few classes a month.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Student, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2016
The environment is a faced paced learning environment with an enjoyable atmosphere. The hardest part of the job would be to have to keep up with the constant change of locations at particular times.
Pros
Free Lunches
An intersting workplace with juniors having the same questions once I had.
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2016
A typical day at work included helping students with questions. I have learned how to explain complex topics by making them simple and giving demonstrations. Hardest part of the job would be to help a confused student and also it is the most enjoyable part of the job to be able to clear confusion of the same student over a topic.
Pros
Helping Juniors
Amazing work enviroment
Student Mailing Assistant (P/T) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2016
Work done at George Brown College was very rewarding. Amazing staff and work environment.Helping students is their primary concern within all three campuses.
friendly and fun
Welcome Desk & Student Life Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2016
learned to be proficient in excel
carried out mainly office and administrative duties like filing, documenting, computer programs, phone calls
directed students and staff around the school as well as handled locker rentals and cuts/storage
Pros
friendly and helpful staff and good work environment
Cons
short shifts/hours, long commute, slow at times
Relaxed and constructive work environment
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2016
I would come into work ready to cut and solder copper wires. I would then construct water flow labs and test to see if they work. I would also calibrate them. My co-workers and I got along very well and I had a very pleasant boss.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Long commute
Great experience
Member Services Support Staff (daytime) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2016
I learned a lot during my time at George Brown. Especially the ability to multitask. The staff were terrific and were willing to help out in any way they could to make the job easier.
Productive and balanced
Tutor and Teachers’ Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2016
Great atmosphere. Very accommodating of students' schedules. The staff was welcoming, motivating and highly respectful of each other's skills and weaknesses.
The position was a respected one by both students and teachers alike.
Clinical Lab Instructor Assistant for PN and PSW (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2016
Focused on theoretical aspects of disease processes, ethical patient care and supervised up to 21 students performing nursing skills in lab
Taught nursing skills such as infection control, PPE, safety and Head to toe assessment
Communicated effectively with students, staff and worked in collaboration with instructor to enforce clinical skills as defined in course outline
fun work
Costumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2016
great experience with customer service. was able to gain first hand customer service and IT tech experience. work for a year duration
Productive and fast paced workplace
Student Baker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2016
This was by far the most interesting work I have done. I had to be there at 9 am and work hard till 4. I had great co-workers and a phenomenal supervisor. The hardest part however was the heat. The most enjoyable part was making the food.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Standing for 7 hours
School
Culinary Student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2016
It's a great school learning environment and would be great to put on resumes but as a student taking courses and learning... there is no pay... you'll have to pay them instead.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Student

4.3