George Brown College Employee Reviews

high energetic environment to work in
Winners manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2016
working for george brown is interesting, the fact that i got to work in a multiculture environment. the work space always had a positive vibe.
therefore, i learn how to interact with people, and how to work under pressure without stressing. on the other hand, working with people that you get along with the job is always fun, and interesting. so you get things done on time and you complete the job 100% without mistakes.
Pros
free
Cons
reasonable hours
Co-op work experience at GBC's College Cafe
Line Cook - Pastry Chef (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2016
My co-op at my school's Cafe on the Run promoted live lab learning environment where us students developed lots of knowledge and skills that needed to be learned to be prepared for the industry. We were working under chef technologists who always encouraged us to be creative and that made my experience there even more fun and enjoyable.
Hardworking, trustworthy and committed
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto ON23 August 2016
Typical day include assisting the director and manager with student, faculty, staff, agent and partner enquires. I have learnt to effectively communicate with students and superiors. I manage the day-to-day operations of the office and work well with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job, none to really mention but I do my utmost best to stay on top of my work schedule. I enjoy working with my team everyone is supportive and share the same values.
Massive learning of new technology
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 December 2016
Due to working in IT labs always ahead of market, as soon as new course launched the relevant lab also prepared and which provides enormous learning of cutting edge technology.
Coworkers are cooperative and supervisors are supportive. A heaven for knowledge seekers.
Great experience.
Poll Clerk (Student Association By-Elections) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2016
Had a good time with them as an employee. Learned new things and enjoyed a lot. Basically, I was enrolled in the election process and managed everything deeply. We all tried our best to engage more and more students to vote.
Love teaching, George Brown College gives me that opportunity to follow my passion to teach
Teacher - Centre for Continuous Learning (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2016
I graduated from George Brown in 1981, and for the last 22 Years i have enjoyed and has been a pleasure to tech the trade I have close to my heart. Fantastic place to be part of a trade and to be able follow my great passion to teach.

In this environment it is easy to find like minded people
Human Rights Advisor (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON5 December 2016
A typical work day at George Brown College depends on the Campus. Each location has its own unique culture and that is what makes GBC a good place to work
Pros
a variety of job possibilities
great online website to find work
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2016
I find it fun and exciting working at the college and especially find it beneficial as a student. A typical day at work is fun and relaxing, I enjoy the atmosphere and the people I work with. I have learned more about my school through this job and more information that student need in order to succeed. My co-workers are easy going, reliable and always willing help.The hardest part of the job and is being aware of all the new information at all times because dates are always changing and there are always new things to learn.
Office job
Student Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2016
The amount of work you have a s a student support representative varies through out the year. Typically you are busy in the beginning and of the semester. Meanwhile you are trying to plan and organize your amount of work throughout the semester. The people you work with vary depending on the department.
Pros
Good hours, good pay, you do not take your work home
Cons
not stimulating
Friendly and professional work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2016
Working as an administrative assistant at George Brown College, School of Makeup and aesthetics, was a great experience for me. I had the opportunity to work with and learn from smart business professionals. A typical day consisted of; receiving incoming phone calls from clients requesting information about student spa or courses, booking clients, and assisting with sales in store front.
Teaching
Welding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
Teaching students the aspects of welding.
Teaching the modules and metals.
Showing the students the proper way how to weld and grind.
Helping students with there resumes when applying jobs.
Professional
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2016
Excellent working environment and culture
Learned how to effectively engage students in their learning
Worked collaboratively with teaching team to develop/revise curriculum
Great hands on experience
Team Lead Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2016
Great company and placement to get a lot of situational hands on experience from medicals, dealing with small children (day care center), disputes/assault, harassment etc.
Productive, fun and hard work
Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2016
First thing of every workday is go to the office and attend a 10 mins meeting (with free coffee and muffins) and the empoyer talks about which site to go to and what work is for the day, record and report back of the work process for the site and bring back to office, and reschedule how much of more time need to complete that specific job site.
benefits
Great start for students
STUDENT AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2016
Fun environment to start as an administrative assistant job, specially being an immigrant student. It was a great way to start my office experience in Canada.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough hours
George Brown
Customer Service Rep/Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2016
Its a great environment especially when you play sports.
Working on campus between classes also kills time.
Benefits are also good too, you get lots of clothing
Pros
Free lunch
Teaching economics is my passion
professor, Economics (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2016
Introduce students to topics for discussion on PowerPoint slides.
Discuss topic in detail in an interactive mode. Answer questions posed by students, especially on diagrammatic representation, on the whiteboard.

I have learned that students are more active when I try to meet their understanding by raising standard gradually. The coworkers are quite helpful, though I normally do not need their assistance in teaching.

The hardest part of the job is coaxing the students into understanding mathematical parts.

The most enjoyable part of the job is finding that the students have done very well in exam books.
Pros
There is always opportunity for taking courses for professional improvement.
Cons
There are only few classes a month.
Convinient workplace
Student Monitor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2016
Convinient with school schedule
Replenish papers for printers
Learned how to use scanner machine and other software in computer
Fun workplace
Fun co workers
Thanks
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
Nice work experience, I met lots of good people and both teachers and students were very nice to deal with. The location was also perfect for me getting to and from work.
Great organization
PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2016
Energetic, competent staff and supportive culture.

Strong culture of collaboration.

Opportunities for advancement.

Great resources for new employees.

4.3