George Brown College Employee Reviews in Canada

Educates students from all walks of life.
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2016
It's a great place to work. Management and coworkers are friendly, courteous and fun to be around. A typical day at work is meeting hundreds of individuals a day, ringing up purchases and helping customers find the materials they are looking for. I learned to adapt to various methods of completing a transaction. An enjoyable part of the job is learning about the various courses students are taking, and getting a glimpse of their future hopes.
Teaching economics is my passion
professor, Economics (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 25, 2016
Introduce students to topics for discussion on PowerPoint slides.
Discuss topic in detail in an interactive mode. Answer questions posed by students, especially on diagrammatic representation, on the whiteboard.

I have learned that students are more active when I try to meet their understanding by raising standard gradually. The coworkers are quite helpful, though I normally do not need their assistance in teaching.

The hardest part of the job is coaxing the students into understanding mathematical parts.

The most enjoyable part of the job is finding that the students have done very well in exam books.
Pros
There is always opportunity for taking courses for professional improvement.
Cons
There are only few classes a month.
Clinical Lab Instructor Assistant for PN and PSW (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
Focused on theoretical aspects of disease processes, ethical patient care and supervised up to 21 students performing nursing skills in lab
Taught nursing skills such as infection control, PPE, safety and Head to toe assessment
Communicated effectively with students, staff and worked in collaboration with instructor to enforce clinical skills as defined in course outline
An intersting workplace with juniors having the same questions once I had.
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 13, 2016
A typical day at work included helping students with questions. I have learned how to explain complex topics by making them simple and giving demonstrations. Hardest part of the job would be to help a confused student and also it is the most enjoyable part of the job to be able to clear confusion of the same student over a topic.
Pros
Helping Juniors
adequate classroom setting
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 22, 2016
The day consisted of helping students work on class projects. I learned how to set up and run various machines including the milling machine and lathe.

Teacher was knowledgeable and pleasant to work under, there were no other employees.

Very low key, the highlight was the amount you learn as you help others learn and work.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
very short hours
friendly and fun
Welcome Desk & Student Life Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 9, 2016
learned to be proficient in excel
carried out mainly office and administrative duties like filing, documenting, computer programs, phone calls
directed students and staff around the school as well as handled locker rentals and cuts/storage
Pros
friendly and helpful staff and good work environment
Cons
short shifts/hours, long commute, slow at times
Relaxed and constructive work environment
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 6, 2016
I would come into work ready to cut and solder copper wires. I would then construct water flow labs and test to see if they work. I would also calibrate them. My co-workers and I got along very well and I had a very pleasant boss.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Long commute
Productive and fast paced workplace
Student Baker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
This was by far the most interesting work I have done. I had to be there at 9 am and work hard till 4. I had great co-workers and a phenomenal supervisor. The hardest part however was the heat. The most enjoyable part was making the food.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Standing for 7 hours
Awesome Place to work and teach
CLINICAL INSTRUCTOR - STUDENT NURSING PROGRAM (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
Love the work environment - the office/building faces onto the water front - staff co-workers are great and helpful.

Different work experience every semester. Staff are great to work with
Productive and balanced
Tutor and Teachers’ Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 29, 2016
Great atmosphere. Very accommodating of students' schedules. The staff was welcoming, motivating and highly respectful of each other's skills and weaknesses.
The position was a respected one by both students and teachers alike.
Enhanced my accounting knowledge
PEER TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2015
- Flexible hours
- Great work/study balance
- There were few other peer tutors for accounting
- I loved every part of my job hence there was no hard part.
- The most enjoyable part was demonstrating students with difficult areas of study because it helped me to gain more knowledge in accounting.
- Learned how to deal with students with different understanding levels
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Less pay
Good workplace for academic development.
Professor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2015
Enjoy teaching but it could be better if the standard of students could be higher (which is possible only at university level).
Pros
Free Training for Development
Cons
Difficult to raise the standard further because of students' limitations.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Student, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 15, 2016
The environment is a faced paced learning environment with an enjoyable atmosphere. The hardest part of the job would be to have to keep up with the constant change of locations at particular times.
Pros
Free Lunches
management
Part time faculty - ECE program (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2015
George Brown College is amazing and supportive of it's staff. I welcome all opportunities to be a part of the Early Childhood Education Program.
Pros
great salary, automomy
Cons
part time, no benefits
Great experience
Member Services Support Staff (daytime) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 5, 2016
I learned a lot during my time at George Brown. Especially the ability to multitask. The staff were terrific and were willing to help out in any way they could to make the job easier.
School
Culinary Student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 24, 2016
It's a great school learning environment and would be great to put on resumes but as a student taking courses and learning... there is no pay... you'll have to pay them instead.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Student
Amazing work enviroment
Student Mailing Assistant (P/T) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 10, 2016
Work done at George Brown College was very rewarding. Amazing staff and work environment.Helping students is their primary concern within all three campuses.
George Brown College
Professor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Amazing work environment
Hard working, dedicated, supportive staff
Beautiful location
Teaching is very rewarding
It is great to see students grasp the knowledge
the most enjoyable part of the job
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  200 King St E, Toronto, ON M5A 3W8October 20, 2015
It was one of those phases where the party night life was getting bigger and hotter due to the many different new music genres coming out. Having to promote and market my own events, being able to manage staff according to the planned ideas the group came up with together as a team. Getting to meet many different types of people. Developing my peoples skills. Building Confident when put in situations. Multicultural
Pros
Free tickets to the events, free meals, mixed with school schedule.
Cons
one year position.
fun work
Costumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
great experience with customer service. was able to gain first hand customer service and IT tech experience. work for a year duration

4.3