George Brown College Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enhanced my accounting knowledge
PEER TUTOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Less pay
- Flexible hours
- Great work/study balance
- There were few other peer tutors for accounting
- I loved every part of my job hence there was no hard part.
- The most enjoyable part was demonstrating students with difficult areas of study because it helped me to gain more knowledge in accounting.
- Learned how to deal with students with different understanding levels
NA
Director, International (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 8, 2015
The organization is going through change. But very slowly. It is very centrally run and all decisions are taken at the top.
Great school/work balance
Event Staff, Athletic Department Ambassador (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
Pros: doing homework while working
Cons: travel time
Being a student-athlete, it was really great having a job on campus, especially in the athletics department. I was able to learn new tasks really fast and help train staff on a daily basis. The work environment was great, I would do laundry, handle varsity set-up for games I was not participating in along with interact with a variety of students.
management
Part time faculty - ECE program (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2015
Pros: great salary, automomy
Cons: part time, no benefits
George Brown College is amazing and supportive of it's staff. I welcome all opportunities to be a part of the Early Childhood Education Program.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Events Coordinator (Former Employee), 200 King St E, Toronto, ON M5A 3W8October 20, 2015
Pros: Free tickets to the events, free meals, mixed with school schedule.
Cons: one year position.
It was one of those phases where the party night life was getting bigger and hotter due to the many different new music genres coming out. Having to promote and market my own events, being able to manage staff according to the planned ideas the group came up with together as a team. Getting to meet many different types of people. Developing my peoples skills. Building Confident when put in situations. Multicultural
Fun and great working environment
On-Call Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 29, 2015
Pros: Easy Job
Cons: Schedule changes
All colleagues are nice to work with. Everyone help everyone out to over come any issues at work. Managers are nice and sometimes will have little treats.
Gained better hand-eye coordination and typing skills.
Peer Notetaker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2015
Pros: Listening to and learning new discussions
Cons: Professor did not regard me in the class
Overall, was a rewarding job due to helping disabled students in the process. Had to listen carefully and type quickly in order to make the best possible notes. Though multi-tasking by listening and typing all the students' questions, teachers' answers, and given notes, had been challenging in the beginning, I soon adapted and was able to enjoy the time spent.
During my years of work and study I enjoyed the variety of experience and knowledge which I gained at school as well as at dental offices.
Dental Hygiene Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 16, 2015
The faculty staff at George Brown College prepared us for private practice challenges. We were taught to provide the best care for our clients and to devise and implement customized personal treatment plans.
Interactive as well as productive
Financial Aid office as Administrative (Former Employee), TorontoSeptember 14, 2015
Time and time people often ask, what kind of job you are looking for, often my answer concludes with simple answer, "A place where people begin day with smile and a cup of coffee". A perfect place where things like this happened. Absolutely content.
Helping fellow students with their assigned projects and getting compensated for it....best part time job ever!
Laboratory/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Sunnybrook HospitalSeptember 8, 2015
Challenging program, and is completely thorough in its approach to teaching. As a TA you impart the knowledge you learned to the first years. It also helps to reinforce the things you learned while helping them through their projects.
Great school fo learning
Co-Op Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2015
* Learn a lot with great teachers and tools
* Great platform of interaction teacher-student
* Great tools to help enhance skills sets
Productive relaxing workplace
Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2015
Open hours are cut and dry.
Environment is constantly trying to adapt to changes in technology.
Moving up is difficult due to a lot of competition and changing requirements.
Great Place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Flexible working style
Cons: pay is less
Fun and cool place to work. Lots to learn every day. Good management. Excited to be there every morning. Good supervisors to work with.
Amazing place to work
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2015
An absolutely incredible place to work. The team was incredibly supportive, helpful and compassionate. If not for my relocating I would've loved to have stayed with George Brown College for a very long time.
Very good management
Computer lab Monitor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Lab monitor
I liked working for George Brown College library.
Great management, great communication between staff/management.
Good workplace for academic development.
Professor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Free Training for Development
Cons: Difficult to raise the standard further because of students' limitations.
Enjoy teaching but it could be better if the standard of students could be higher (which is possible only at university level).
Overall great learning environment
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee), toronto, ONJune 29, 2015
I enjoyed my time in their gorgeous clinic, the staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Clinic was very clean and up to date. Included electronic record keeping.
Professional and easy-going learning environment
Esthetics Tutor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 27, 2015
Pros: Helps me keep up to date with esthetic procedures and knowledge
Cons: Pay is low
- I hold weekly private teaching sessions with students who require extra help with course material
- In this position I patiently listen to students’ difficulties with the course and explain concepts at their pace
- I also provide instruction and assistance with Theoretical and Practical material
- I have learnt to handle different barriers students face and I am able to help assist students with learning disabilities
- The faculty is extremely helpful and have a good sense of community and team work
- The hardest part of this job is when students aren't successful in finding volunteers to practice services on
- The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing students succeed and excel and that my efforts truly helped them
volunteer job
Cisco Student Events (Former Employee), torontoJune 22, 2015
Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning, troubleshooting network problems.
Notetaker
Computerized Notetaker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 3, 2015
Take notes for the deaf & hard of hearing students. Responsible for helping them achieve academic success. Very independent role and very satisfying.