George Brown College Employee Reviews

Fantastic!
student mentor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2017
I interned at the dental school and it was an amazing place to work. Great staff, lovely atmosphere. It was a very nice place and I was sad to leave after my time was up as an intern.
Chef on the Run Retail Worker
Chef on the Run (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
Working at Chef on the Run has been a great experience. Typically you were expected to receive stock, take inventory, stock in the store and Sell to the customers, as well as setting up and closing shop. The management is firm, but patient and understanding in the case of mistakes.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Slow Periods, Unstable Hours
Good work space with engaging co-workers and clients.
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2017
The slogan is Study Well, Live Well, Work Well. As the staff we created workshops to reflect the slogan. The management is very open to creating a space directed to students interests. This makes an engaging environment for both workers and clients.
Fun experience
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2017
Learned a lot about being a leader and execution of an event. Was really able to put all the knowledge that was gained into play. It ended up being a very successful event and went above expectations.
Excellent Working Environment
Tutor one-one-one and Logistics Peer Coach (Former Employee) –  160 Kendal Ave, Toronto, ON M5A 1M312 June 2017
I had a great experience working in the George Brown College. People and my boss treated me with respect and decency. My role as a tutor and coach made me be in touch with the students all the time. I can say it is another way of customer service, because I tried to help and solve any kind of issue that students have with their courses. As a Store Manager, I oversaw all the operational areas in the store and found solutions to the problems. Working with Managers from different departments to run the store with efficiency. I really enjoyed these job positions, because they gave me great satisfaction as I solved any student or customer's need.
Pros
Good training events to provide an excellent service
Cons
Too short periods of work
you meet great people in the belly of its old yet modern architecture
Design Tutor/Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  231 richmond street8 June 2017
They were great but could have been better. Expectations was kicked to the garbage. Still does not mean one cannot expect the best from this school. School time was great. Thank you George Brown.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
they close on weekends and for b-ball practice
Real life project experience
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2017
I have been working with a client for Social Innvation hub project in George Brown College. Such an opportunity to work on a project while studying gave me some valuable experience and readyness to to take responsibilities for real projects.
George Brown College
Computer Lab Facilitator / Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2017
Its been a really long time since I've worked there, but I enjoyed my time there. The work environment is positive and supportive and very good work life balance.
fun place to work at
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2017
its amazing to work at George brown college as the team members are good, and the environment is positive. Every day there is something new to learn and take in.
Fantastic place to work
Administrative Assistant/Peer Coach (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2017
Great teamwork and multicultural environment. This is a great place to lear more about different culture, to have fun and work in the same time. Also, this job offers a great life-work balance.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no benefits
Great Place to Start
Student Reasearcher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2017
Was a great way to gain experience as a student. But no possibility of growth or mention of it. Also the majority of student employees make less than 14 dollars an hour.
Pros
Experience
Cons
No growth
Very friendly workplace
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2017
I got that job during first year of college as a student. I met the dean of George Brown College in student awards conference and she offered me a job. I worked with an awesome people for few years.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Part time
Great place to work under pressure.
Lab Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2017
Sign in to system and review emails for any instructions for upper management. Ensured all computers were functional. Enjoyed working in that environment because there were new challenges each week.
Challenging and rewarding place to work.
ESL PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2017
There are a lot of opportunities to teach a variety of courses as a sessional teacher. The full-time staff is very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable to discuss pedagogy, methodology, and classroom ideas. Each classroom is upgraded with advanced technology such as Smartboard.
Fun Environment
Tutor/Peer Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SK12 April 2017
Great way to connect to peer students and sharpen your teaching and people skills. Fun and relaxed atmosphere. Great advisors and supervisors who are always happy to help
productive and nice environment
Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  casa loma6 April 2017
people are friendly, work place is pretty fun and very peaceful; not really a hard job; you'll learn a different kind of things; co-workers are very nice and helpful
Campaign Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
I have worked here part time for multiple years. I have enjoyed working with all the staff members, students and visitors. Great place to work while you are student.
A wonderful place to work
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Field Supervisor20 March 2017
A wonderful place to work. I have had incredible experiences and worked with wonderful people. It is a great place to gain experience and knowledge. I am proud to be a part of their team.
Pros
Wonderful colleagues and flexible hours
Cons
No hours in the summer
Best place to work
Safewalk Service Captain & Social Media Marketer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2017
I worked 2 years at George Brown College as a part time student staff member. And I would love to work for them in future too in case of any full time opportunity. It is an excellent place to work, with great remuneration and benefits. Also, the learning opportunity is extensive and managerial support boosts your productiveness.

Just in love with it.
Student Job
Student Ambassador-Conversion Calling Campaign (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
If your a student at GBC, looking for a job then work here, if you are on OSAP but still want a bit of money on the side, work here. Its easy to get and is on the Waterfront of Toronto.
Pros
free break, in downtown toronto, easy to get too, lots of parking space
Cons
Bad management, work environment, tedious tasks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at George Brown College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3