George Brown College

George Brown College Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall great learning environment
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee), toronto, ONJune 29, 2015
I enjoyed my time in their gorgeous clinic, the staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Clinic was very clean and up to date. Included electronic record keeping.
Professional and easy-going learning environment
Esthetics Tutor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 27, 2015
Pros: Helps me keep up to date with esthetic procedures and knowledge
Cons: Pay is low
- I hold weekly private teaching sessions with students who require extra help with course material
- In this position I patiently listen to students’ difficulties with the course and explain concepts at their pace
- I also provide instruction and assistance with Theoretical and Practical material
- I have learnt to handle different barriers students face and I am able to help assist students with learning disabilities
- The faculty is extremely helpful and have a good sense of community and team work
- The hardest part of this job is when students aren't successful in finding volunteers to practice services on
- The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing students succeed and excel and that my efforts truly helped them
volunteer job
Cisco Student Events (Former Employee), torontoJune 22, 2015
Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning, troubleshooting network problems.
Notetaker
Computerized Notetaker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 3, 2015
Take notes for the deaf & hard of hearing students. Responsible for helping them achieve academic success. Very independent role and very satisfying.
Leader in Hospitality Education
Part-time Professor, Events (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 13, 2015
Urban Toronto state of the art education facility! Eager students willing to roll up their sleeves and think outside of the box make a day at this facility feel more like fun than work. A truly wonderful place to be.
Interactive job that helps assist students with library and computer inquires
Student Monitor (Former Employee), Monitor, ABMay 1, 2015
Pros: Worked with my school schedule and no weekends.
Cons: Needed more hours.
I would first check all the printers need paper.
Check each section to make sure chairs were at a computer.
Walk around every 15 minutes to monitor students and to be of help.
Demonstrate the steps of scanning, photocopying and printing.
Management was always available to help and understanding.
My co-workers were awesome, fun to talk to and hard workers.
The hardest part of the job was keeping myself busy.
The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and helping out students.
Excellent opportunities available to students attending lecture on campus. Flexible hours and good pay.
Student Services Note Taker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2015
Offered note taking services for students registered with George Brown College and its ongoing effort to provide accessible learning facilities and services. Responsibilities included providing quality class notes and making sure submissions were legible and made on time.
layed back understanding
SHELVER (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2015
Pros: at school
Cons: manager not always available
Can learn a lot about people, community and Toronto culture. Motivating environment. Friendly staff and team members. They understand school comes first.
I was a part time instructor
Instructor Photography (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2015
Taught digital photography courses. Created digital photography course in 1996. Many students had low levels of experience with computers and the major challenge was to get the students to a level where they could successfully complete a basic assignment.
Educator for ECE students
Faculty and Professor for ECE students (Current Employee), Ryerson/ George Brown College - TorontoJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: enjoy role of facilitator, am skillful and approach this role with a unique lens.
Cons: part time, no benefits
I have worked with George Brown College for many years and continue to utilize my skills in teaching. I approach this role with a goal to challenge students thinking and bias when working with children and families in community childcare centres. I work to broaden students awareness of the issues that many families face and to approach children and families with respect and appreciation and focus on their strengths. I work to encourage ECE student to learn from 'those children', who present with challenging behaviours and to think outside the box.
Perfect place to retire
Technology Program Manage New Waterfront Campus (Former Employee), TorontoJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: excellent place if you are at management level
Cons: unionized so not a place to be recognized for outstanding work
During my time at GBC I was a contractor dealing with the development of a new campus. This gave me plenty of opportunity to expand my practical knowledge and experience. I was part of a small but effective management team with excellent leaders.

General speaking everyone I met and worked with was excellent and i would work with these people again
Great place to develope young minds
Electrical Instructor, (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: up to date information
Cons: non
Great environment. Class and field trip endeavours created a well balanced and hands on learning experience.
Interesting position to get experience
Student Ambassador (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: a lot of dedication
The workplace was awesome. People trying and offering help overtime. Friendly co-workers.
Motivational Education
Welding Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2015
Continuous learning environment that adapts to the changing lives and technologies and generations around us. Always looking out for the little guy and helping those who need it.
Great team and manager
Liaison and Student Recruiter Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Long hours.
But great benefits.
Union enviroment.
People and coworkers make the job fun.
Proudctive and interesting
Peer Notetaker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 15, 2014
Pros: abiltiy to learn other subjects not offered in my course, sometimes they are very interesting and sometimes they are helpful
A typical 2 or 3hrs on the job is taking notes for students who have challenges and cannot take notes, whether or not it's a disability or an inability to accurately understand. It is very rewarding as I am providing assistance to persons who need it. I learn new and helpful things in some of the classes and I have found all of them so far to be interesting. I work on my own, there's no manager - my schedule is known and I take my responsibilities seriously. Notes are always provided in the 24hours stipulated time period.
competitive and productive workplace
Math Tutor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2014
A typical day at work is very competitive, trying to get as many clients as possible. The management is well organised. we have atleast one training every month. Also, my coworkers are very cooperative helping each other in difficulties. Especially, when one member cannot make it, others step up to cover up.
Friendly enviroment
Student Suport Advisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2014
Its a great place to work, with good salary, and friendly co-workers
Had fun and made lots of friends in this workplace.
Math Tutor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 13, 2014
I helped students who had problems with math.
I learnt most office procedures while I was working at George Brown College. This work experience had helped me improve my communication skills, both verbal and written.
Most of my co-workers are very nice and friendly. We worked together and helped with each other when we had a difficult questions.
Most hardest part of this job is when the students are very upset and lost their confidence. I had to help them get out of this bad situations.
We had a semi-meeting which was the most enjoyable part of this job. From the meeting, all of the tutors get together, discuss and learn new skills of dealing with people.
Computer Systems Technology Diploma
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 8, 2014
This three-year program is designed with extensive input from industry and offers two optional specializations in its third year. The Networking specialization focuses on network security, voice-over-IP (VoIP) and wireless LANs. The Systems specialization focuses on mail server administration, content management systems (Collaboration), database administration and computer security. Both specializations include core courses on infrastructure virtualization (through the VMWare IT Academy), along with best practices in IT.

1 2 3 4