George Brown College

George Brown College Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
An environment of academic nurishment
Peer Assistant Learning Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 25, 2014
Pros: the learning environment
Cons: micro-managing environment
A typical day at the PAL Centre was challenging but rewarding. I have learned a lot about self and time management and built up my engagement skills. My manager was so passionate about what she did and we developed the same passion. My co-workers were all very hard working and all enjoyed helping fellow students in need and tried their best to accommodate. – more... The hardest part of the job was convincing students to utilize all of the resources in the college, most students are full of pride and think they can do it all by their selves. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning, I learned so much! – less
productive
Support Staff (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2014
the most enjoyable part of the job is its not very work demanding its easy going its place to learn new stuff and get some customer related experience
Hand on Experience for Students on live projects.
Motion Graphics (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2014
The work involved creating and animating elements and then composing them together. It was fun working on college projects and also enhanced my profile.
Good institution making meaningful impact
Manager, Budget and Operations (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 2, 2014
Large institution with a strong culture. Work in the International Division - business planning, strategy, operations and special projects.
Mind-blowing College
Peer Notetaker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2014
It is one of the best colleges in Ontario, Canada. The lectures, infrastructure, location, projects, people are were great. Learned allot about marketing and management in Canada. The projects brought a whole new experience in it.
Fun Place To Work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 14, 2014
Angry Customer
Customer Service
Excellent Team to work
Inventory Updating
Great work environment
Assist students (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2014
-Assisted customers with concerns about their services
-Accepted payments towards customers account
-Detail bill explanation of the customers account
it's fun and diverse place to work at
support staff for CWTP (Former Employee), torontoMarch 11, 2014
Pros: free refreshments during movie nights/days
Cons: not enough hours due to being a student and we are only allowed to have certain amount of hours
Students would come in asking about the centre and we would answer their questions or give them pamphlets for whatever they were asking. For example. If they want answers about other women centre in Toronto we would get a pamphlet for different kind of centres around Toronto. There are days when students would just come in to have a safe space for the – more... time being while at school. We would do movie nights or sometimes in the afternoon. We would have speakers come in about women issues. – less
College Ethics
Registration & Support Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
I feel that at George Brown College they pride themselves in Student Success and are always trying their best to help all
George Brown is a Great place to work
3D Printing Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2014
Pros: hands on experience with a 3d printer and extra practice with cad programs
Cons: not enough work hours.
I was in charge of 3D printing for the entirety of the T146 program, and although i only had to work about 10 hours a week (due to other classes i was taking and study requirements) I feel the time I spent working for them was incredibly enjoyable and fulfilling. I had to ensure the students didn't exceed a specific volume requirement of material and – more... in doing so i was also required to assist with redesigns of particularly large models. Then i would simply print the components and troubleshoot the printer if anything went wrong. – less
Support Staff Student Consistency (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2014
Support Staff Student Consistency, George Brown College , Toronto, ON Oct. 2012 - April 2013
 Documented work order requests; planned and organized work to meet all deadlines and requirements.
Designed marketing and graphic products to advertise large corporation events for hosts, which preparations began two months earlier for each event.
Excellent learning experience
HR Coordinator - Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2014
I worked for four months as a coop student within the administration and support of George Brown College. I was easily integrated into the workplace and treated as a valued colleague despite my intern status.
I was given an enormous amount of support and guidance throughout. I was sad to leave.
Responsibilities
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Casa Loma CampusFebruary 3, 2014
• Giving technical help for students
• Help students using printers and photocopy machines
• Resolving issues with student accounts
• Resolving software and network issues
• Maintenance of printers and photocopy machines (e.g. paper and toner refill)
• Keeping computer area clean and tidy
Tutorial and Technical Support Provider (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2014
People are very good. A fun place to work. Learn a lot about team work. Gained excellent experience in providing support in person, over the phone, in email. Excellent co-workers. Enjoyed every day of the work.
Wish I could have stayed longer
Co-op Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: great people and incentives
Worked as a Co-op student after I completed my program. Loved the people and management. They trusted me with a lot of work, definitely a place I'd like to work permanently one day. Unfortunately it's hard to get in, or maybe the opportunity just hasn't presented itself to me yet.
great, loved it
Tutor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: information, challenges, communtiy, success
Cons: restrictions for our imagination
A typical day at school included about eight to sixteen hours of computer time with the design. Right after we got the idea we sat down to talk about the group itself. We all listed what we have experienced during the previous semesters and we did the SWAT analysis. We had another separate meeting where we spoke about the design and than we assigned – more... the parts that someone was responsible for.
I learned to set up the drawings, to analyse the psychology and sociology behind, to apply the LEED or other environmentally sound systems, to apply the human needs and biology for the design, the measurements, to find and apply the information in the Ontario Building Code. To find the city's requirements and to submit papers to the city. I learned to adjust the drawings to the changing needs. I learned to use CAD and Revit as a tool for my imagination. I learned that deadlines are my friends and they help me keep track of my work, and I learned to work under extreme pressure. I also learned to listen to the client's needs and to speak architecturally. I learned to be patient, adjustable, and dependent.
The management was our professors who gave us maximum liberty and therefore we learned everything from various other sources.
My co-workers were excellent people who needed some adjustment and they felt the same about me. We successfully completed all the tasks we got and we became friends. The "lifelong" precursor is being tested these days.
The hardest part of the job was when we needed to adjust the drawings right before the deadline and the computer gave up on us. We needed to mobilize our social capital and go to a different school to complete everything.
The most enjoyable part was the design itself with all its challenges and complications. The process was long and interesting with a lot of curves in it but taking a look at our models just now: it is priceless. – less
An awesome place to work!
Peer Note Taker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 22, 2013
George Brown College is an awesome place to study and work! I was working on campus while being a student at George Brown College, the job as Peer Note Taker gave me the opportunity to understand how do schools other than Business school work especially the school of design and the school of community services. The Professors teaching styles and class – more... room environments all were different my school. I enjoyed my work there! – less
Nice to share my knowledge with students.
Student Tutor-Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 22, 2013
Great experience to help students with advice and support for them to reach their goals.
It was nice also volunteering to promote college services.
volunteer position
Co-Chair Parent Advisory Committee (Former Employee), Toronto, OnNovember 12, 2013
Pros: lots of great meetings
Cons: takes a long time for things to get done
we got a lot of positive things done for parents including a fences in area
Great environment to work.
ITS - Client Services (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 30, 2013
Pros: tons of learning potential
Cons: not many job postings
Many new technologies are being used and always something to learn.

1 2 3