George Brown College Employee Reviews in Canada

great online website to find work
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2016
I find it fun and exciting working at the college and especially find it beneficial as a student. A typical day at work is fun and relaxing, I enjoy the atmosphere and the people I work with. I have learned more about my school through this job and more information that student need in order to succeed. My co-workers are easy going, reliable and always willing help.The hardest part of the job and is being aware of all the new information at all times because dates are always changing and there are always new things to learn.
Friendly and professional work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 7, 2016
Working as an administrative assistant at George Brown College, School of Makeup and aesthetics, was a great experience for me. I had the opportunity to work with and learn from smart business professionals. A typical day consisted of; receiving incoming phone calls from clients requesting information about student spa or courses, booking clients, and assisting with sales in store front.
Teaching economics is my passion
professor, Economics (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 25, 2016
Introduce students to topics for discussion on PowerPoint slides.
Discuss topic in detail in an interactive mode. Answer questions posed by students, especially on diagrammatic representation, on the whiteboard.

I have learned that students are more active when I try to meet their understanding by raising standard gradually. The coworkers are quite helpful, though I normally do not need their assistance in teaching.

The hardest part of the job is coaxing the students into understanding mathematical parts.

The most enjoyable part of the job is finding that the students have done very well in exam books.
Pros
There is always opportunity for taking courses for professional improvement.
Cons
There are only few classes a month.
Office job
Student Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 20, 2016
The amount of work you have a s a student support representative varies through out the year. Typically you are busy in the beginning and of the semester. Meanwhile you are trying to plan and organize your amount of work throughout the semester. The people you work with vary depending on the department.
Pros
Good hours, good pay, you do not take your work home
Cons
not stimulating
An intersting workplace with juniors having the same questions once I had.
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 13, 2016
A typical day at work included helping students with questions. I have learned how to explain complex topics by making them simple and giving demonstrations. Hardest part of the job would be to help a confused student and also it is the most enjoyable part of the job to be able to clear confusion of the same student over a topic.
Pros
Helping Juniors
Clinical Lab Instructor Assistant for PN and PSW (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
Focused on theoretical aspects of disease processes, ethical patient care and supervised up to 21 students performing nursing skills in lab
Taught nursing skills such as infection control, PPE, safety and Head to toe assessment
Communicated effectively with students, staff and worked in collaboration with instructor to enforce clinical skills as defined in course outline
friendly and fun
Welcome Desk & Student Life Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 9, 2016
learned to be proficient in excel
carried out mainly office and administrative duties like filing, documenting, computer programs, phone calls
directed students and staff around the school as well as handled locker rentals and cuts/storage
Pros
friendly and helpful staff and good work environment
Cons
short shifts/hours, long commute, slow at times
Productive, fun and hard work
Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 19, 2016
First thing of every workday is go to the office and attend a 10 mins meeting (with free coffee and muffins) and the empoyer talks about which site to go to and what work is for the day, record and report back of the work process for the site and bring back to office, and reschedule how much of more time need to complete that specific job site.
benefits
adequate classroom setting
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 22, 2016
The day consisted of helping students work on class projects. I learned how to set up and run various machines including the milling machine and lathe.

Teacher was knowledgeable and pleasant to work under, there were no other employees.

Very low key, the highlight was the amount you learn as you help others learn and work.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
very short hours
Educates students from all walks of life.
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2016
It's a great place to work. Management and coworkers are friendly, courteous and fun to be around. A typical day at work is meeting hundreds of individuals a day, ringing up purchases and helping customers find the materials they are looking for. I learned to adapt to various methods of completing a transaction. An enjoyable part of the job is learning about the various courses students are taking, and getting a glimpse of their future hopes.
Relaxed and constructive work environment
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 6, 2016
I would come into work ready to cut and solder copper wires. I would then construct water flow labs and test to see if they work. I would also calibrate them. My co-workers and I got along very well and I had a very pleasant boss.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Long commute
Productive and fast paced workplace
Student Baker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
This was by far the most interesting work I have done. I had to be there at 9 am and work hard till 4. I had great co-workers and a phenomenal supervisor. The hardest part however was the heat. The most enjoyable part was making the food.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Standing for 7 hours
Productive and balanced
Tutor and Teachers’ Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 29, 2016
Great atmosphere. Very accommodating of students' schedules. The staff was welcoming, motivating and highly respectful of each other's skills and weaknesses.
The position was a respected one by both students and teachers alike.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Student, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 15, 2016
The environment is a faced paced learning environment with an enjoyable atmosphere. The hardest part of the job would be to have to keep up with the constant change of locations at particular times.
Pros
Free Lunches
Enhanced my accounting knowledge
PEER TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2015
- Flexible hours
- Great work/study balance
- There were few other peer tutors for accounting
- I loved every part of my job hence there was no hard part.
- The most enjoyable part was demonstrating students with difficult areas of study because it helped me to gain more knowledge in accounting.
- Learned how to deal with students with different understanding levels
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Less pay
Great experience
Member Services Support Staff (daytime) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 5, 2016
I learned a lot during my time at George Brown. Especially the ability to multitask. The staff were terrific and were willing to help out in any way they could to make the job easier.
Fashion Business Student and Lab Monitor
Sewing Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 13, 2016
Graduate of FashionBusiness program where I was able to develop my skills as a fashion entrepreneur and network to Build my business.
Pros
education
Cons
Long Hours
Amazing work enviroment
Student Mailing Assistant (P/T) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 10, 2016
Work done at George Brown College was very rewarding. Amazing staff and work environment.Helping students is their primary concern within all three campuses.
School
Culinary Student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 24, 2016
It's a great school learning environment and would be great to put on resumes but as a student taking courses and learning... there is no pay... you'll have to pay them instead.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Student
Awesome Place to work and teach
CLINICAL INSTRUCTOR - STUDENT NURSING PROGRAM (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
Love the work environment - the office/building faces onto the water front - staff co-workers are great and helpful.

Different work experience every semester. Staff are great to work with

4.3