George Brown College Employee Review

View all George Brown College reviews

George Brown is a Great place to work
3D Printing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2014
I was in charge of 3D printing for the entirety of the T146 program, and although i only had to work about 10 hours a week (due to other classes i was taking and study requirements) I feel the time I spent working for them was incredibly enjoyable and fulfilling. I had to ensure the students didn't exceed a specific volume requirement of material and in doing so i was also required to assist with redesigns of particularly large models. Then i would simply print the components and troubleshoot the printer if anything went wrong.
Pros
Hands on experience with a 3d printer and extra practice with CAD programs
Cons
Not enough work hours.

Other George Brown College Employee Reviews

Part-time Forever!
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2018
Since the union-busting management is in control, you will only get a part-time job for several years with zero chance of full-time employment, due to concerns about provincial government trying to persuade the collective to vote for them in the upcoming election. Avoid if you get a better offer.
Pros
You might get lucky and someone will allow you flex hours
Cons
Competition with no-talent lifers in the union
Great environment
Founder, Project Manager, Creative Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2018
George Brown College is a great learning environment with dedicated students and staff. It's a place to experiment, where no idea is a bad idea, and support is there every step of the way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at George Brown College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4