George Brown College Employee Reviews

Great organization
PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2016
Energetic, competent staff and supportive culture.

Strong culture of collaboration.

Opportunities for advancement.

Great resources for new employees.
high energetic environment to work in
Winners manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2016
working for george brown is interesting, the fact that i got to work in a multiculture environment. the work space always had a positive vibe.
therefore, i learn how to interact with people, and how to work under pressure without stressing. on the other hand, working with people that you get along with the job is always fun, and interesting. so you get things done on time and you complete the job 100% without mistakes.
Pros
free
Cons
reasonable hours
In this environment it is easy to find like minded people
Human Rights Advisor (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON5 December 2016
A typical work day at George Brown College depends on the Campus. Each location has its own unique culture and that is what makes GBC a good place to work
Pros
a variety of job possibilities
West 49
Senior Contact Agent (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 August 2016
West 49 had a very comfortable and inventive office environment. Every day brought a new challenge that made the position very exciting. The management gave you structure, but also gave you the space to be creative.
Productive, fun and hard work
Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2016
First thing of every workday is go to the office and attend a 10 mins meeting (with free coffee and muffins) and the empoyer talks about which site to go to and what work is for the day, record and report back of the work process for the site and bring back to office, and reschedule how much of more time need to complete that specific job site.
benefits
George Brown
Customer Service Rep/Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2016
Its a great environment especially when you play sports.
Working on campus between classes also kills time.
Benefits are also good too, you get lots of clothing
Pros
Free lunch
Professional
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2016
Excellent working environment and culture
Learned how to effectively engage students in their learning
Worked collaboratively with teaching team to develop/revise curriculum
Productive and fun workplace
Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2016
George Brown College is a great workplace where you can build a great network. It offers great benefits as well as a fun work environment with many events going on all the time.
great place
Building Renovator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2016
it was a great place. i found it to be good for coop. a fun environment. location is close to transportation. opportunities for growth. great management
Hardworking, trustworthy and committed
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto ON23 August 2016
Typical day include assisting the director and manager with student, faculty, staff, agent and partner enquires. I have learnt to effectively communicate with students and superiors. I manage the day-to-day operations of the office and work well with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job, none to really mention but I do my utmost best to stay on top of my work schedule. I enjoy working with my team everyone is supportive and share the same values.
Educates students from all walks of life.
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2016
It's a great place to work. Management and coworkers are friendly, courteous and fun to be around. A typical day at work is meeting hundreds of individuals a day, ringing up purchases and helping customers find the materials they are looking for. I learned to adapt to various methods of completing a transaction. An enjoyable part of the job is learning about the various courses students are taking, and getting a glimpse of their future hopes.
Co-op work experience at GBC's College Cafe
Line Cook - Pastry Chef (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2016
My co-op at my school's Cafe on the Run promoted live lab learning environment where us students developed lots of knowledge and skills that needed to be learned to be prepared for the industry. We were working under chef technologists who always encouraged us to be creative and that made my experience there even more fun and enjoyable.
Teaching economics is my passion
professor, Economics (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2016
Introduce students to topics for discussion on PowerPoint slides.
Discuss topic in detail in an interactive mode. Answer questions posed by students, especially on diagrammatic representation, on the whiteboard.

I have learned that students are more active when I try to meet their understanding by raising standard gradually. The coworkers are quite helpful, though I normally do not need their assistance in teaching.

The hardest part of the job is coaxing the students into understanding mathematical parts.

The most enjoyable part of the job is finding that the students have done very well in exam books.
Pros
There is always opportunity for taking courses for professional improvement.
Cons
There are only few classes a month.
great online website to find work
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2016
I find it fun and exciting working at the college and especially find it beneficial as a student. A typical day at work is fun and relaxing, I enjoy the atmosphere and the people I work with. I have learned more about my school through this job and more information that student need in order to succeed. My co-workers are easy going, reliable and always willing help.The hardest part of the job and is being aware of all the new information at all times because dates are always changing and there are always new things to learn.
Fashion Business Student and Lab Monitor
Sewing Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2016
Graduate of FashionBusiness program where I was able to develop my skills as a fashion entrepreneur and network to Build my business.
Pros
education
Cons
Long Hours
Love teaching, George Brown College gives me that opportunity to follow my passion to teach
Teacher - Centre for Continuous Learning (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2016
I graduated from George Brown in 1981, and for the last 22 Years i have enjoyed and has been a pleasure to tech the trade I have close to my heart. Fantastic place to be part of a trade and to be able follow my great passion to teach.

Productive and fast paced workplace
Student Baker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2016
This was by far the most interesting work I have done. I had to be there at 9 am and work hard till 4. I had great co-workers and a phenomenal supervisor. The hardest part however was the heat. The most enjoyable part was making the food.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Standing for 7 hours
Great hands on experience
Team Lead Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2016
Great company and placement to get a lot of situational hands on experience from medicals, dealing with small children (day care center), disputes/assault, harassment etc.
Great start for students
STUDENT AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2016
Fun environment to start as an administrative assistant job, specially being an immigrant student. It was a great way to start my office experience in Canada.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough hours
Office job
Student Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2016
The amount of work you have a s a student support representative varies through out the year. Typically you are busy in the beginning and of the semester. Meanwhile you are trying to plan and organize your amount of work throughout the semester. The people you work with vary depending on the department.
Pros
Good hours, good pay, you do not take your work home
Cons
not stimulating

4.3