George Brown College Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and Fun Workplace
Student, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 15, 2016
The environment is a faced paced learning environment with an enjoyable atmosphere. The hardest part of the job would be to have to keep up with the constant change of locations at particular times.
Pros
Free Lunches
An intersting workplace with juniors having the same questions once I had.
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 13, 2016
A typical day at work included helping students with questions. I have learned how to explain complex topics by making them simple and giving demonstrations. Hardest part of the job would be to help a confused student and also it is the most enjoyable part of the job to be able to clear confusion of the same student over a topic.
Pros
Helping Juniors
Amazing work enviroment
Student Mailing Assistant (P/T) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 10, 2016
Work done at George Brown College was very rewarding. Amazing staff and work environment.Helping students is their primary concern within all three campuses.
friendly and fun
Welcome Desk & Student Life Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 9, 2016
learned to be proficient in excel
carried out mainly office and administrative duties like filing, documenting, computer programs, phone calls
directed students and staff around the school as well as handled locker rentals and cuts/storage
Pros
friendly and helpful staff and good work environment
Cons
short shifts/hours, long commute, slow at times
Relaxed and constructive work environment
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 6, 2016
I would come into work ready to cut and solder copper wires. I would then construct water flow labs and test to see if they work. I would also calibrate them. My co-workers and I got along very well and I had a very pleasant boss.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Long commute
Great experience
Member Services Support Staff (daytime) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 5, 2016
I learned a lot during my time at George Brown. Especially the ability to multitask. The staff were terrific and were willing to help out in any way they could to make the job easier.
Productive and balanced
Tutor and Teachers’ Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 29, 2016
Great atmosphere. Very accommodating of students' schedules. The staff was welcoming, motivating and highly respectful of each other's skills and weaknesses.
The position was a respected one by both students and teachers alike.
Clinical Lab Instructor Assistant for PN and PSW (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
Focused on theoretical aspects of disease processes, ethical patient care and supervised up to 21 students performing nursing skills in lab
Taught nursing skills such as infection control, PPE, safety and Head to toe assessment
Communicated effectively with students, staff and worked in collaboration with instructor to enforce clinical skills as defined in course outline
fun work
Costumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
great experience with customer service. was able to gain first hand customer service and IT tech experience. work for a year duration
Productive and fast paced workplace
Student Baker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
This was by far the most interesting work I have done. I had to be there at 9 am and work hard till 4. I had great co-workers and a phenomenal supervisor. The hardest part however was the heat. The most enjoyable part was making the food.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Standing for 7 hours
School
Culinary Student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 24, 2016
It's a great school learning environment and would be great to put on resumes but as a student taking courses and learning... there is no pay... you'll have to pay them instead.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Student
adequate classroom setting
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 22, 2016
The day consisted of helping students work on class projects. I learned how to set up and run various machines including the milling machine and lathe.

Teacher was knowledgeable and pleasant to work under, there were no other employees.

Very low key, the highlight was the amount you learn as you help others learn and work.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
very short hours
George Brown College
Professor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Amazing work environment
Hard working, dedicated, supportive staff
Beautiful location
Teaching is very rewarding
It is great to see students grasp the knowledge
Educates students from all walks of life.
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2016
It's a great place to work. Management and coworkers are friendly, courteous and fun to be around. A typical day at work is meeting hundreds of individuals a day, ringing up purchases and helping customers find the materials they are looking for. I learned to adapt to various methods of completing a transaction. An enjoyable part of the job is learning about the various courses students are taking, and getting a glimpse of their future hopes.
Worked as a Library Assistant to students
Library Commons Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2016
Was a very informative job and was very interesting to be able to teach Microsoft Office and CAD programs to other students
Awesome Place to work and teach
CLINICAL INSTRUCTOR - STUDENT NURSING PROGRAM (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
Love the work environment - the office/building faces onto the water front - staff co-workers are great and helpful.

Different work experience every semester. Staff are great to work with
Enhanced my accounting knowledge
PEER TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2015
- Flexible hours
- Great work/study balance
- There were few other peer tutors for accounting
- I loved every part of my job hence there was no hard part.
- The most enjoyable part was demonstrating students with difficult areas of study because it helped me to gain more knowledge in accounting.
- Learned how to deal with students with different understanding levels
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Less pay
NA
Director, International (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 8, 2015
The organization is going through change. But very slowly. It is very centrally run and all decisions are taken at the top.
Great school/work balance
Event Staff, Athletic Department Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
Being a student-athlete, it was really great having a job on campus, especially in the athletics department. I was able to learn new tasks really fast and help train staff on a daily basis. The work environment was great, I would do laundry, handle varsity set-up for games I was not participating in along with interact with a variety of students.
Pros
doing homework while working
Cons
travel time
management
Part time faculty - ECE program (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2015
George Brown College is amazing and supportive of it's staff. I welcome all opportunities to be a part of the Early Childhood Education Program.
Pros
great salary, automomy
Cons
part time, no benefits

4.3