George Brown College

George Brown College Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great working environment
Safewalk Captain (Current Employee), Welcome deskOctober 23, 2014
A typical day at work is fun. working at the school allows you to interact with people from numerous cultures and background. Management provides the best resources to make our job easier and more effect to reach the students, staffs and visitors.
Devleoped a stronger team and a more productive department
Payroll Manager (Former Employee), TorontoOctober 3, 2014
Working at GBC has been a great experience, gaining knowledge and better understanding of what is important to some staff members.
Some people see work as just a job and it is unfortunate that somethings cannot change.
Over all it was challenging and I can say I was successful in my task.
Great over-all
Part Time Contact Centre Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2014
Provided information about the college's admissions process and answered registration queries with both full time and continuing education. George Brown College faculty and staff are great to work with!
Nice Place to work
Professor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Good coworkers, organized place, nice to teach young and new students and see them succeed
Overall learning experience
Director of Education & Equity (Current Employee), TorontoSeptember 15, 2014
- Learnt a lot about working in a professional environment.
PART TIME ( Computer Science Instructor )
Instructor-Computer Science ( PART TIME ) (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJuly 18, 2014
Pros: flexible working conditions
Cons: did not like the work culture
•Taught Computer Science applications. Information Systems, WindowsXp, etc.

Foster student growth and development by assisting individuals with difficulties and challenging advanced learners. Design, administer and grade exams, assignments, group projects and group presentations.

Work directly with faculty in sourcing appropriate class room materials – more... and creating new student challenges. – less
An environment of academic nurishment
Peer Assistant Learning Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 25, 2014
Pros: the learning environment
Cons: micro-managing environment
A typical day at the PAL Centre was challenging but rewarding. I have learned a lot about self and time management and built up my engagement skills. My manager was so passionate about what she did and we developed the same passion. My co-workers were all very hard working and all enjoyed helping fellow students in need and tried their best to accommodate. – more... The hardest part of the job was convincing students to utilize all of the resources in the college, most students are full of pride and think they can do it all by their selves. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning, I learned so much! – less
productive
Support Staff (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2014
the most enjoyable part of the job is its not very work demanding its easy going its place to learn new stuff and get some customer related experience
Hand on Experience for Students on live projects.
Motion Graphics (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2014
The work involved creating and animating elements and then composing them together. It was fun working on college projects and also enhanced my profile.
Good institution making meaningful impact
Manager, Budget and Operations (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 2, 2014
Large institution with a strong culture. Work in the International Division - business planning, strategy, operations and special projects.
Mind-blowing College
Peer Notetaker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2014
It is one of the best colleges in Ontario, Canada. The lectures, infrastructure, location, projects, people are were great. Learned allot about marketing and management in Canada. The projects brought a whole new experience in it.
Fun Place To Work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 14, 2014
Angry Customer
Customer Service
Excellent Team to work
Inventory Updating
Great work environment
Assist students (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2014
-Assisted customers with concerns about their services
-Accepted payments towards customers account
-Detail bill explanation of the customers account
it's fun and diverse place to work at
support staff for CWTP (Former Employee), torontoMarch 11, 2014
Pros: free refreshments during movie nights/days
Cons: not enough hours due to being a student and we are only allowed to have certain amount of hours
Students would come in asking about the centre and we would answer their questions or give them pamphlets for whatever they were asking. For example. If they want answers about other women centre in Toronto we would get a pamphlet for different kind of centres around Toronto. There are days when students would just come in to have a safe space for the – more... time being while at school. We would do movie nights or sometimes in the afternoon. We would have speakers come in about women issues. – less
College Ethics
Registration & Support Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
I feel that at George Brown College they pride themselves in Student Success and are always trying their best to help all
George Brown is a Great place to work
3D Printing Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2014
Pros: hands on experience with a 3d printer and extra practice with cad programs
Cons: not enough work hours.
I was in charge of 3D printing for the entirety of the T146 program, and although i only had to work about 10 hours a week (due to other classes i was taking and study requirements) I feel the time I spent working for them was incredibly enjoyable and fulfilling. I had to ensure the students didn't exceed a specific volume requirement of material and – more... in doing so i was also required to assist with redesigns of particularly large models. Then i would simply print the components and troubleshoot the printer if anything went wrong. – less
Great Place to work
Math Tutor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2014
Working at George Brown have helped me improving my communication skills which will definitely help me in becoming a better Business Analyst.
Support Staff Student Consistency (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2014
Support Staff Student Consistency, George Brown College , Toronto, ON Oct. 2012 - April 2013
 Documented work order requests; planned and organized work to meet all deadlines and requirements.
Designed marketing and graphic products to advertise large corporation events for hosts, which preparations began two months earlier for each event.
Excellent learning experience
HR Coordinator - Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2014
I worked for four months as a coop student within the administration and support of George Brown College. I was easily integrated into the workplace and treated as a valued colleague despite my intern status.
I was given an enormous amount of support and guidance throughout. I was sad to leave.
Responsibilities
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Casa Loma CampusFebruary 3, 2014
• Giving technical help for students
• Help students using printers and photocopy machines
• Resolving issues with student accounts
• Resolving software and network issues
• Maintenance of printers and photocopy machines (e.g. paper and toner refill)
• Keeping computer area clean and tidy

1 2 3