George Brown College Employee Reviews

productive environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
Good networking skills required but overall fun place to work. the students are kind and respectful. Being on time is a must and for students, its a bonus if you go to school there
Great Work Experience
IN-CLASS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
Contract in-class assistant with an adult with special needs. Working at George Brown College was a great experience and would recommend applying there.
George Brown college summary
GBC INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2017
This was a great job, flexible hours and amazing benefits. The focus was staying positive in an academic environment which kept employees like myself educated and willing to work hard.
Pros
training, opportunities
Productive place as it was on the casa loma campus of george brown college
Customer Service Skill and Knowledge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2017
A typical day at work would be dealing with the paper work and meeting new clients everyday and getting them register or booking legal aid appointments for them. I learnt about the communication skills and complexity of the working environment. There wasn't really any hard part about it because the most enjoyable part was more important as any part will be had only until you don't have the knowledge about it and my supervisors were really nice as i was given the right training and knowledge to complete tasks.
Great opportunties
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2017
Wonderful place to work for. The management is excellent and provides constant feedback and support. If one work's well, there is no issue working with the bosses!
Great for students
Pre-Health Science Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2017
This was a part time job that helped me as a student to make money while still balancing my student life. Was able to still keep up with my own work/studies while helping fellow friends and students.
Pros
working while studying, making money while doing my own work
Cons
not really any cons
Productive and fun work place
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2017
George Brown International Centre is a great place to work. All my colleagues and managers are very supportive especially to student workers. They are very generous enough to allow student workers to pick their work schedules any time you need it.
great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2017
enjoyed working there, flexible hours, nice work environment, great culture. Customer service focused.Management is cooperative. Learned internal software.
Fantastic!
student mentor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2017
I interned at the dental school and it was an amazing place to work. Great staff, lovely atmosphere. It was a very nice place and I was sad to leave after my time was up as an intern.
Chef on the Run Retail Worker
Chef on the Run (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
Working at Chef on the Run has been a great experience. Typically you were expected to receive stock, take inventory, stock in the store and Sell to the customers, as well as setting up and closing shop. The management is firm, but patient and understanding in the case of mistakes.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Slow Periods, Unstable Hours
Good work space with engaging co-workers and clients.
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2017
The slogan is Study Well, Live Well, Work Well. As the staff we created workshops to reflect the slogan. The management is very open to creating a space directed to students interests. This makes an engaging environment for both workers and clients.
Fun experience
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2017
Learned a lot about being a leader and execution of an event. Was really able to put all the knowledge that was gained into play. It ended up being a very successful event and went above expectations.
Excellent Working Environment
Tutor one-one-one and Logistics Peer Coach (Former Employee) –  160 Kendal Ave, Toronto, ON M5A 1M312 June 2017
I had a great experience working in the George Brown College. People and my boss treated me with respect and decency. My role as a tutor and coach made me be in touch with the students all the time. I can say it is another way of customer service, because I tried to help and solve any kind of issue that students have with their courses. As a Store Manager, I oversaw all the operational areas in the store and found solutions to the problems. Working with Managers from different departments to run the store with efficiency. I really enjoyed these job positions, because they gave me great satisfaction as I solved any student or customer's need.
Pros
Good training events to provide an excellent service
Cons
Too short periods of work
you meet great people in the belly of its old yet modern architecture
Design Tutor/Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  231 richmond street8 June 2017
They were great but could have been better. Expectations was kicked to the garbage. Still does not mean one cannot expect the best from this school. School time was great. Thank you George Brown.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
they close on weekends and for b-ball practice
Real life project experience
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2017
I have been working with a client for Social Innvation hub project in George Brown College. Such an opportunity to work on a project while studying gave me some valuable experience and readyness to to take responsibilities for real projects.
George Brown College
Computer Lab Facilitator / Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2017
Its been a really long time since I've worked there, but I enjoyed my time there. The work environment is positive and supportive and very good work life balance.
fun place to work at
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2017
its amazing to work at George brown college as the team members are good, and the environment is positive. Every day there is something new to learn and take in.
Fantastic place to work
Administrative Assistant/Peer Coach (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2017
Great teamwork and multicultural environment. This is a great place to lear more about different culture, to have fun and work in the same time. Also, this job offers a great life-work balance.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no benefits
Great Place to Start
Student Reasearcher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2017
Was a great way to gain experience as a student. But no possibility of growth or mention of it. Also the majority of student employees make less than 14 dollars an hour.
Pros
Experience
Cons
No growth
Very friendly workplace
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2017
I got that job during first year of college as a student. I met the dean of George Brown College in student awards conference and she offered me a job. I worked with an awesome people for few years.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at George Brown College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4