George Brown College Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive relaxing workplace
Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2015
Open hours are cut and dry.
Environment is constantly trying to adapt to changes in technology.
Moving up is difficult due to a lot of competition and changing requirements.
Great Place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Flexible working style
Cons: pay is less
Fun and cool place to work. Lots to learn every day. Good management. Excited to be there every morning. Good supervisors to work with.
Amazing place to work
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2015
An absolutely incredible place to work. The team was incredibly supportive, helpful and compassionate. If not for my relocating I would've loved to have stayed with George Brown College for a very long time.
Very good management
Computer lab Monitor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Lab monitor
I liked working for George Brown College library.
Great management, great communication between staff/management.
Good workplace for academic development.
Professor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Free Training for Development
Cons: Difficult to raise the standard further because of students' limitations.
Enjoy teaching but it could be better if the standard of students could be higher (which is possible only at university level).
Overall great learning environment
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee), toronto, ONJune 29, 2015
I enjoyed my time in their gorgeous clinic, the staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Clinic was very clean and up to date. Included electronic record keeping.
Professional and easy-going learning environment
Esthetics Tutor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 27, 2015
Pros: Helps me keep up to date with esthetic procedures and knowledge
Cons: Pay is low
- I hold weekly private teaching sessions with students who require extra help with course material
- In this position I patiently listen to students’ difficulties with the course and explain concepts at their pace
- I also provide instruction and assistance with Theoretical and Practical material
- I have learnt to handle different barriers students face and I am able to help assist students with learning disabilities
- The faculty is extremely helpful and have a good sense of community and team work
- The hardest part of this job is when students aren't successful in finding volunteers to practice services on
- The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing students succeed and excel and that my efforts truly helped them
volunteer job
Cisco Student Events (Former Employee), torontoJune 22, 2015
Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning, troubleshooting network problems.
Notetaker
Computerized Notetaker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 3, 2015
Take notes for the deaf & hard of hearing students. Responsible for helping them achieve academic success. Very independent role and very satisfying.
Leader in Hospitality Education
Part-time Professor, Events (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 13, 2015
Urban Toronto state of the art education facility! Eager students willing to roll up their sleeves and think outside of the box make a day at this facility feel more like fun than work. A truly wonderful place to be.
Interactive job that helps assist students with library and computer inquires
Student Monitor (Former Employee), Monitor, ABMay 1, 2015
Pros: Worked with my school schedule and no weekends.
Cons: Needed more hours.
I would first check all the printers need paper.
Check each section to make sure chairs were at a computer.
Walk around every 15 minutes to monitor students and to be of help.
Demonstrate the steps of scanning, photocopying and printing.
Management was always available to help and understanding.
My co-workers were awesome, fun to talk to and hard workers.
The hardest part of the job was keeping myself busy.
The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and helping out students.
Excellent opportunities available to students attending lecture on campus. Flexible hours and good pay.
Student Services Note Taker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2015
Offered note taking services for students registered with George Brown College and its ongoing effort to provide accessible learning facilities and services. Responsibilities included providing quality class notes and making sure submissions were legible and made on time.
layed back understanding
SHELVER (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2015
Pros: at school
Cons: manager not always available
Can learn a lot about people, community and Toronto culture. Motivating environment. Friendly staff and team members. They understand school comes first.
I was a part time instructor
Instructor Photography (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2015
Taught digital photography courses. Created digital photography course in 1996. Many students had low levels of experience with computers and the major challenge was to get the students to a level where they could successfully complete a basic assignment.
Educator for ECE students
Faculty and Professor for ECE students (Current Employee), Ryerson/ George Brown College - TorontoJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: enjoy role of facilitator, am skillful and approach this role with a unique lens.
Cons: part time, no benefits
I have worked with George Brown College for many years and continue to utilize my skills in teaching. I approach this role with a goal to challenge students thinking and bias when working with children and families in community childcare centres. I work to broaden students awareness of the issues that many families face and to approach children and families with respect and appreciation and focus on their strengths. I work to encourage ECE student to learn from 'those children', who present with challenging behaviours and to think outside the box.
Perfect place to retire
Technology Program Manage New Waterfront Campus (Former Employee), TorontoJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: excellent place if you are at management level
Cons: unionized so not a place to be recognized for outstanding work
During my time at GBC I was a contractor dealing with the development of a new campus. This gave me plenty of opportunity to expand my practical knowledge and experience. I was part of a small but effective management team with excellent leaders.

General speaking everyone I met and worked with was excellent and i would work with these people again
Great place to develope young minds
Electrical Instructor, (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: up to date information
Cons: non
Great environment. Class and field trip endeavours created a well balanced and hands on learning experience.
Interesting position to get experience
Student Ambassador (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: a lot of dedication
The workplace was awesome. People trying and offering help overtime. Friendly co-workers.
Motivational Education
Welding Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2015
Continuous learning environment that adapts to the changing lives and technologies and generations around us. Always looking out for the little guy and helping those who need it.
Great team and manager
Liaison and Student Recruiter Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Long hours.
But great benefits.
Union enviroment.
People and coworkers make the job fun.