George Brown College Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and balanced
Tutor and Teachers’ Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 29, 2016
Great atmosphere. Very accommodating of students' schedules. The staff was welcoming, motivating and highly respectful of each other's skills and weaknesses.
The position was a respected one by both students and teachers alike.
Clinical Lab Instructor Assistant for PN and PSW (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
Focused on theoretical aspects of disease processes, ethical patient care and supervised up to 21 students performing nursing skills in lab
Taught nursing skills such as infection control, PPE, safety and Head to toe assessment
Communicated effectively with students, staff and worked in collaboration with instructor to enforce clinical skills as defined in course outline
fun work
Costumer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
great experience with customer service. was able to gain first hand customer service and IT tech experience. work for a year duration
Productive and fast paced workplace
Student Baker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: Free food
Cons: Standing for 7 hours
This was by far the most interesting work I have done. I had to be there at 9 am and work hard till 4. I had great co-workers and a phenomenal supervisor. The hardest part however was the heat. The most enjoyable part was making the food.
School
Culinary Student (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2016
Pros: Learning environment
Cons: Student
It's a great school learning environment and would be great to put on resumes but as a student taking courses and learning... there is no pay... you'll have to pay them instead.
adequate classroom setting
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 22, 2016
Pros: Great learning experience
Cons: very short hours
The day consisted of helping students work on class projects. I learned how to set up and run various machines including the milling machine and lathe.

Teacher was knowledgeable and pleasant to work under, there were no other employees.

Very low key, the highlight was the amount you learn as you help others learn and work.
George Brown College
Professor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Amazing work environment
Hard working, dedicated, supportive staff
Beautiful location
Teaching is very rewarding
It is great to see students grasp the knowledge
Educates students from all walks of life.
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2016
It's a great place to work. Management and coworkers are friendly, courteous and fun to be around. A typical day at work is meeting hundreds of individuals a day, ringing up purchases and helping customers find the materials they are looking for. I learned to adapt to various methods of completing a transaction. An enjoyable part of the job is learning about the various courses students are taking, and getting a glimpse of their future hopes.
Worked as a Library Assistant to students
Library Commons Student Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2016
Was a very informative job and was very interesting to be able to teach Microsoft Office and CAD programs to other students
Awesome Place to work and teach
CLINICAL INSTRUCTOR - STUDENT NURSING PROGRAM (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
Love the work environment - the office/building faces onto the water front - staff co-workers are great and helpful.

Different work experience every semester. Staff are great to work with
Enhanced my accounting knowledge
PEER TUTOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Less pay
- Flexible hours
- Great work/study balance
- There were few other peer tutors for accounting
- I loved every part of my job hence there was no hard part.
- The most enjoyable part was demonstrating students with difficult areas of study because it helped me to gain more knowledge in accounting.
- Learned how to deal with students with different understanding levels
NA
Director, International (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 8, 2015
The organization is going through change. But very slowly. It is very centrally run and all decisions are taken at the top.
Great school/work balance
Event Staff, Athletic Department Ambassador (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
Pros: doing homework while working
Cons: travel time
Being a student-athlete, it was really great having a job on campus, especially in the athletics department. I was able to learn new tasks really fast and help train staff on a daily basis. The work environment was great, I would do laundry, handle varsity set-up for games I was not participating in along with interact with a variety of students.
management
Part time faculty - ECE program (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2015
Pros: great salary, automomy
Cons: part time, no benefits
George Brown College is amazing and supportive of it's staff. I welcome all opportunities to be a part of the Early Childhood Education Program.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Events Coordinator (Former Employee), 200 King St E, Toronto, ON M5A 3W8October 20, 2015
Pros: Free tickets to the events, free meals, mixed with school schedule.
Cons: one year position.
It was one of those phases where the party night life was getting bigger and hotter due to the many different new music genres coming out. Having to promote and market my own events, being able to manage staff according to the planned ideas the group came up with together as a team. Getting to meet many different types of people. Developing my peoples skills. Building Confident when put in situations. Multicultural
Fun and great working environment
On-Call Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 29, 2015
Pros: Easy Job
Cons: Schedule changes
All colleagues are nice to work with. Everyone help everyone out to over come any issues at work. Managers are nice and sometimes will have little treats.
Gained better hand-eye coordination and typing skills.
Peer Notetaker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2015
Pros: Listening to and learning new discussions
Cons: Professor did not regard me in the class
Overall, was a rewarding job due to helping disabled students in the process. Had to listen carefully and type quickly in order to make the best possible notes. Though multi-tasking by listening and typing all the students' questions, teachers' answers, and given notes, had been challenging in the beginning, I soon adapted and was able to enjoy the time spent.
During my years of work and study I enjoyed the variety of experience and knowledge which I gained at school as well as at dental offices.
Dental Hygiene Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 16, 2015
The faculty staff at George Brown College prepared us for private practice challenges. We were taught to provide the best care for our clients and to devise and implement customized personal treatment plans.
Interactive as well as productive
Financial Aid office as Administrative (Former Employee), TorontoSeptember 14, 2015
Time and time people often ask, what kind of job you are looking for, often my answer concludes with simple answer, "A place where people begin day with smile and a cup of coffee". A perfect place where things like this happened. Absolutely content.
Helping fellow students with their assigned projects and getting compensated for it....best part time job ever!
Laboratory/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Sunnybrook HospitalSeptember 8, 2015
Challenging program, and is completely thorough in its approach to teaching. As a TA you impart the knowledge you learned to the first years. It also helps to reinforce the things you learned while helping them through their projects.
Headquarters