George Brown College

George Brown College Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent opportunities available to students attending lecture on campus. Flexible hours and good pay.
Student Services Note Taker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2015
Offered note taking services for students registered with George Brown College and its ongoing effort to provide accessible learning facilities and services. Responsibilities included providing quality class notes and making sure submissions were legible and made on time.
layed back understanding
SHELVER (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2015
Pros: at school
Cons: manager not always available
Can learn a lot about people, community and Toronto culture. Motivating environment. Friendly staff and team members. They understand school comes first.
I was a part time instructor
Instructor Photography (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2015
Taught digital photography courses. Created digital photography course in 1996. Many students had low levels of experience with computers and the major challenge was to get the students to a level where they could successfully complete a basic assignment.
Educator for ECE students
Faculty and Professor for ECE students (Current Employee), Ryerson/ George Brown College - TorontoJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: enjoy role of facilitator, am skillful and approach this role with a unique lens.
Cons: part time, no benefits
I have worked with George Brown College for many years and continue to utilize my skills in teaching. I approach this role with a goal to challenge students thinking and bias when working with children and families in community childcare centres. I work to broaden students awareness of the issues that many families face and to approach children and families with respect and appreciation and focus on their strengths. I work to encourage ECE student to learn from 'those children', who present with challenging behaviours and to think outside the box.
Perfect place to retire
Technology Program Manage New Waterfront Campus (Former Employee), TorontoJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: excellent place if you are at management level
Cons: unionized so not a place to be recognized for outstanding work
During my time at GBC I was a contractor dealing with the development of a new campus. This gave me plenty of opportunity to expand my practical knowledge and experience. I was part of a small but effective management team with excellent leaders.

General speaking everyone I met and worked with was excellent and i would work with these people again
Great place to develope young minds
Electrical Instructor, (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: up to date information
Cons: non
Great environment. Class and field trip endeavours created a well balanced and hands on learning experience.
Interesting position to get experience
Student Ambassador (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: a lot of dedication
The workplace was awesome. People trying and offering help overtime. Friendly co-workers.
Motivational Education
Welding Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2015
Continuous learning environment that adapts to the changing lives and technologies and generations around us. Always looking out for the little guy and helping those who need it.
Great team and manager
Liaison and Student Recruiter Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Long hours.
But great benefits.
Union enviroment.
People and coworkers make the job fun.
Proudctive and interesting
Peer Notetaker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 15, 2014
Pros: abiltiy to learn other subjects not offered in my course, sometimes they are very interesting and sometimes they are helpful
A typical 2 or 3hrs on the job is taking notes for students who have challenges and cannot take notes, whether or not it's a disability or an inability to accurately understand. It is very rewarding as I am providing assistance to persons who need it. I learn new and helpful things in some of the classes and I have found all of them so far to be interesting. I work on my own, there's no manager - my schedule is known and I take my responsibilities seriously. Notes are always provided in the 24hours stipulated time period.
competitive and productive workplace
Math Tutor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2014
A typical day at work is very competitive, trying to get as many clients as possible. The management is well organised. we have atleast one training every month. Also, my coworkers are very cooperative helping each other in difficulties. Especially, when one member cannot make it, others step up to cover up.
Friendly enviroment
Student Suport Advisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2014
Its a great place to work, with good salary, and friendly co-workers
Had fun and made lots of friends in this workplace.
Math Tutor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 13, 2014
I helped students who had problems with math.
I learnt most office procedures while I was working at George Brown College. This work experience had helped me improve my communication skills, both verbal and written.
Most of my co-workers are very nice and friendly. We worked together and helped with each other when we had a difficult questions.
Most hardest part of this job is when the students are very upset and lost their confidence. I had to help them get out of this bad situations.
We had a semi-meeting which was the most enjoyable part of this job. From the meeting, all of the tutors get together, discuss and learn new skills of dealing with people.
Computer Systems Technology Diploma
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 8, 2014
This three-year program is designed with extensive input from industry and offers two optional specializations in its third year. The Networking specialization focuses on network security, voice-over-IP (VoIP) and wireless LANs. The Systems specialization focuses on mail server administration, content management systems (Collaboration), database administration and computer security. Both specializations include core courses on infrastructure virtualization (through the VMWare IT Academy), along with best practices in IT.
Great working environment
Safewalk Captain (Current Employee), Welcome deskOctober 23, 2014
A typical day at work is fun. working at the school allows you to interact with people from numerous cultures and background. Management provides the best resources to make our job easier and more effect to reach the students, staffs and visitors.
Devleoped a stronger team and a more productive department
Payroll Manager (Former Employee), TorontoOctober 3, 2014
Working at GBC has been a great experience, gaining knowledge and better understanding of what is important to some staff members.
Some people see work as just a job and it is unfortunate that somethings cannot change.
Over all it was challenging and I can say I was successful in my task.
Great over-all
Part Time Contact Centre Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2014
Provided information about the college's admissions process and answered registration queries with both full time and continuing education. George Brown College faculty and staff are great to work with!
Nice Place to work
Professor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Good coworkers, organized place, nice to teach young and new students and see them succeed
Overall learning experience
Director of Education & Equity (Current Employee), TorontoSeptember 15, 2014
- Learnt a lot about working in a professional environment.
PART TIME ( Computer Science Instructor )
Instructor-Computer Science ( PART TIME ) (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJuly 18, 2014
Pros: flexible working conditions
Cons: did not like the work culture
•Taught Computer Science applications. Information Systems, WindowsXp, etc.

Foster student growth and development by assisting individuals with difficulties and challenging advanced learners. Design, administer and grade exams, assignments, group projects and group presentations.

Work directly with faculty in sourcing appropriate class room materials and creating new student challenges.

1 2 3 4