George Brown College Employee Reviews

George Brown College
Computer Lab Facilitator / Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2017
Its been a really long time since I've worked there, but I enjoyed my time there. The work environment is positive and supportive and very good work life balance.
fun place to work at
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2017
its amazing to work at George brown college as the team members are good, and the environment is positive. Every day there is something new to learn and take in.
Fantastic place to work
Administrative Assistant/Peer Coach (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2017
Great teamwork and multicultural environment. This is a great place to lear more about different culture, to have fun and work in the same time. Also, this job offers a great life-work balance.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no benefits
Great Place to Start
Student Reasearcher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2017
Was a great way to gain experience as a student. But no possibility of growth or mention of it. Also the majority of student employees make less than 14 dollars an hour.
Pros
Experience
Cons
No growth
Very friendly workplace
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2017
I got that job during first year of college as a student. I met the dean of George Brown College in student awards conference and she offered me a job. I worked with an awesome people for few years.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Part time
Great place to work under pressure.
Lab Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2017
Sign in to system and review emails for any instructions for upper management. Ensured all computers were functional. Enjoyed working in that environment because there were new challenges each week.
Challenging and rewarding place to work.
ESL PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2017
There are a lot of opportunities to teach a variety of courses as a sessional teacher. The full-time staff is very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable to discuss pedagogy, methodology, and classroom ideas. Each classroom is upgraded with advanced technology such as Smartboard.
Fun Environment
Tutor/Peer Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SK12 April 2017
Great way to connect to peer students and sharpen your teaching and people skills. Fun and relaxed atmosphere. Great advisors and supervisors who are always happy to help
productive and nice environment
Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  casa loma6 April 2017
people are friendly, work place is pretty fun and very peaceful; not really a hard job; you'll learn a different kind of things; co-workers are very nice and helpful
Campaign Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
I have worked here part time for multiple years. I have enjoyed working with all the staff members, students and visitors. Great place to work while you are student.
A wonderful place to work
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Field Supervisor20 March 2017
A wonderful place to work. I have had incredible experiences and worked with wonderful people. It is a great place to gain experience and knowledge. I am proud to be a part of their team.
Pros
Wonderful colleagues and flexible hours
Cons
No hours in the summer
Best place to work
Safewalk Service Captain & Social Media Marketer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2017
I worked 2 years at George Brown College as a part time student staff member. And I would love to work for them in future too in case of any full time opportunity. It is an excellent place to work, with great remuneration and benefits. Also, the learning opportunity is extensive and managerial support boosts your productiveness.

Just in love with it.
Student Job
Student Ambassador-Conversion Calling Campaign (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
If your a student at GBC, looking for a job then work here, if you are on OSAP but still want a bit of money on the side, work here. Its easy to get and is on the Waterfront of Toronto.
Pros
free break, in downtown toronto, easy to get too, lots of parking space
Cons
Bad management, work environment, tedious tasks
George is a fun and positive workplace
Peer Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
I have my best work experience at George Brown College. Everyone is treated with respect and always feel welcome. The Staff is nice and are very friendly.
Great atmosphere.
Poll Clerk (Student Association By-Elections) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2017
Learned so much while working there. It was the fun loving job. Came to understand many different things. Seniors was very helpful and helped at each step whenever needed.
A very Productive, respectful and positive environment to work in.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
Working at George Brown College Finance department was the best working experience I have gotten so far in my new accounting career it would be an honor if I could secure future employment at this organization because it is a great place to work at. I was treated with the utmost respect and professionalism.
Pros
Friendly staff and very good training program.
Cons
My employment was on a contractual basis
i already reviewed GBC
King's Lounge Hospitality bar team Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SK16 January 2017
read my other review i just want a job i went to school here of 2 years went to some partys but got all my homework and assignments finished and ended up just missing honours by 2%
Thanks
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
Nice work experience, I met lots of good people and both teachers and students were very nice to deal with. The location was also perfect for me getting to and from work.
Teaching
Welding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
Teaching students the aspects of welding.
Teaching the modules and metals.
Showing the students the proper way how to weld and grind.
Helping students with there resumes when applying jobs.
Massive learning of new technology
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 December 2016
Due to working in IT labs always ahead of market, as soon as new course launched the relevant lab also prepared and which provides enormous learning of cutting edge technology.
Coworkers are cooperative and supervisors are supportive. A heaven for knowledge seekers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at George Brown College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3