Provide business and systems analysis and design skills for a multitude of projects throughout UEP (Utilities and Environmental Protection) and supporting various streams of work in all phases of a project.
There are several planned and ongoing projects in the UEP Business Units that require the skills of experience analysts in gathering and documenting business and systems requirements, assist in the authoring and publishing of Request for Proposal (RFP), participate in the downstream evaluation process of the RFP, and/or support the execution phases in prepare for implementation.
We are looking to engage more than one Systems Analyst.
- Must be a skilled analyst with minimum 5 years experience
- Must be able to gather, document, and articulate business and systems requirements into functional specifications
- Strong analytical and documentations skills
- Strong communication and technical skills
- Ability to work in a team environment while working independently
- Proven experience with RFP (Request for Proposal) authoring, publishing, and evaluation
- Proven experience with Communication Strategy and Planning
- Proven experience with Testing Strategy and Planning
- Proven experience with Training Strategy and Planning
- Strong understanding of Development Approval Process
- Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) Data Management applications
- HP Quality Centre
- IBM BPM platform
- SharePoint 2007/2010
- PROSCI Change Management Methodology
- MS Visio
- Knowledge of standards, processes, and procedures.
- Previous work experience with Municipal, other Government Organizations or equivalent endeavours.
Project Scope and Project Objectives:
- Functional reporting to the IT Project Lead
- Capturing progress status and reporting back to IT Project Lead and project team
- Interacting with the various IT Groups and Business Groups.
- Work with the Business Units and project teams to determine requirements
- Analyze requirements and translate into functional specifications
- Assist in mapping business process for current and future state
- Complete the requirements specifications document
- Assist in authoring, publishing, and evaluating RFP
- Complete the recommended solution document
- Assist in the high level systems architecture diagram document
- Assist in the high level database analysis and design document
- Assist in the communication strategy and plan
- Assist in the testing strategy and plan
- Assist in the training strategy and plan
- Following the existing established standards, procedures, and best practices
- Standard project deliverables as outlined in the Software Solution Methodology and Corporate Project Management Framework. For example: Weekly Project Status Reports,
Requirements Specification document, High Level System Architecture Diagram, High Level Database Analysis and Design, Recommended Solution.
- Project specific deliverables supporting the project team in all streams of project phases; analysis, design, build, test, train, deploy, stabilization. For example: User stories, Process flow diagrams, Communication strategy and planning, Testing strategy and planning, Training strategy and planning, Transition strategy and planning, User manuals.
2014 June 01 to 2015 May 29
2014 May 20 @ 4:00 p.m.
Indeed - 30+ days ago