We have been tasked with making "applicable City services - permitting, approvals and licensing - available online" (Council Priority 3.3) and implementing "service delivery efficiencies through the application of business process improvements and alternative service delivery mechanisms" (Council Priority 7.2).
Computronix POSSE application is the primary workflow tool utilized by D&BA to create and maintain its Permitting, Licensing, and Inspection business functions. It supports over 50 work flows for over 1200 internal users and 1300 external users. The POSSE application has been integrated with several major enterprise applications and has custom reporting functionality through the Data Warehouse.
An additional technical resource is required for the support, maintenance, and enhancement of the POSSE application to enable delivery of daily operational requests and projects identified in the 2014 business plan. Resources may also be responsible for the design, development, and support of system interfaces and/or system reporting functionality.
Reporting jointly to the Application Support Supervisor and the Business Application Solutions Leader, the contract resources will be required to support, maintain, and enhance web templates or application components using the POSSE Configuration Tool and standard web development tools and technologies. Primary duties will include:
- Business analysis for maintenance or enhancement projects;
- Analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and support of new web components and/or applications;
- Working with business experts, application users, and IT service providers to investigate and resolve application issues.
- Proven experience with Oracle 10g (or newer) (2+ years)
- Proven experience with Visual Studio and C#.Net (2+ years)
- Proven experience with Python (1+ years)
- Proven experience with design, development, and delivery of web components
- Strong communication skills (listening, written communication, and verbal communication)
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with POSSE Configuration Tool
- Experience with PL/SQL (Stored Procedures)
- Experience with design, development, and delivery of web reports
- Previous work experience with Municipal, other Government Organizations, or equivalent endeavours.
Project Scope and Project Objectives:
Contract resources will be assigned as the business analysis resource for maintenance and enhancement requests
Contract resources will be responsible for:
- Participating in business process re-design, requirements gathering, and/or system design sessions with key project stakeholders
- Identifying and communicating potential concerns related to functionality and recommending solutions to meet business requirements
- Solving problems and developing creative solutions
- Testing application changes and working with clients to achieve sign-off for user acceptance testing
- Writing documentation based on The City抯 standard processes and templates
- Investigating and resolving application errors and/or issues reported by business clients
- Sharing knowledge / expertise with team members
- Providing regular status updates to the team, team leader, project manager, and/or supervisor
- Design, configuration, testing, and support of new applications and/or new functionality using web-based technologies
- Documentation (business requirements, etc.)
- Knowledge transfer (information sharing with team members and clients)
2014 May to 2015 May - one year
2014 April 30 @ 4:00 p.m.
Indeed - 7 months ago
GeoPlatinum Corporation ("GeoPlatinum") is an employee owned professional GIS Corporation. It was founded in December 2006. The...