Genzyme

Genzyme Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Yes it's a great place to work and meet people
QC Analyst (Current Employee), Framingham, MADecember 7, 2012
Pros: no
• Quarantining, sampling, inspection, counting, and disposition of printed/non-printed and PDS materials.
• Initiating and completing DCRs, TCRs, NCRs, and SCARs.
• Issuance and monthly inventory reconciliation, DRP, and ITR filing.
• Reject, cycle counting, and disposal of materials.
• Metrology Liason: Ensure that Raw Materials calibrated equipment – more... is compliant. – less
Good benefits, poor GMP
Purification Tech, Sr (Former Employee), Allston, MADecember 5, 2012
To run one of three chromatopgraphy columns as apart of a team while keeping up with updated SOP's and maintaining a sterile enviroment.
What great opportunity for quality personnel to gain the experience of working at a biotech facility under FDA consent decree.
Quality Assurance Senior Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), Fall River, MANovember 29, 2012
Pros: great quality experience to be a part of an organization in consent decree.
Cons: lack of flexibility on the work schedule.
Genzyme Corporation has been innovative in developing therapies for small patient populations. These patients would have had nowhere else to turn and are enjoying a quality of life because of what Genzyme does. Being involved with a company in consent decree allowed the quality staff some great experience. I wouldn't trade that experience for any other – more... work experience that I have had over my career. – less
Bureaucratic
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Westborough, MANovember 12, 2012
My experience at Genzyme was not the best. I am very much a team player and my attitude is what ever it takes to get the job done right. At Genzyme the job responsibilities are much segmented as they should be but, they take it to the extreme. There was a lot of tension between groups. As a result I learned to be patient dealing with co-workers
Excellent place to learn the craft of writing Serious Adverse Event reports
Drug Safety Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, MANovember 5, 2012
Very thorough training on how to write and submit SAE reports to regulatory agencies.
contract position
Purification Development, Angela Lewandowski (Former Employee), Framingham, MAOctober 25, 2012
I was a lab tech, and did simple assignments to keep the Lab functioning. I was not allowed to gain knowledge outside of my direct tasks. My manager was more concerned with my day than anything else. My co-workers were wonderful.
Ok
Vice President of IT (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 13, 2012
Very siloed and non productive culture

Patient focused.

Lacks the commercial manufacturing expertise needed to succeed in today's market.
Fun, but not productive
Case Manager Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 10, 2012
People work here because they enjoy their vacation. While I was on board while it still was Genzyme and not Sanofi, this was a company for people who were entirely too comfortable. Expect people to take multiple months off and act busy while on Facebook.

The crowd is a bit young and management is 1 out of every 4, or at least it was. It's very top-heavy.

While – more... your benefits and vacation days are great, don't expect to come here and make real progress. – less
Productive and fun workplace.
Regulatory Affairs Associate, Contractor (Former Employee), Cambridge, MASeptember 21, 2012
- excting opportunity
- great learning experiene
- excellent co-workers
- very understanding about work life balance
They offer a great benifits package.
Lab Animal Technologist lll (Former Employee), Framingham, MaSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: good people, very friendly
Cons: not a very strong upper management team, the rules tend to change frequently and depends on who you speak to.
They offer a lot of training and educational advancement. It is a fast paced environment with a wide variety of projects to work on. The culture is very company specific, geared towards friendlyness.
A company that started off small and hasn't adapted to its increased size
Quality Systems Manager (Current Employee), Haverhill, SuffolkSeptember 9, 2012
Pros: recently (2011) bought by sanofi and changes are happening; patient-focused
Cons: management experience of rest of industry is low
There are three types of people who work at Genzyme: Old Genzyme 'We've always done it like that why do we need to change?'; Old but adaptable: 'We see that change is needed but we aren't quite sure how to go about it'; and Incomers: 'You do WHAT?'

Trying to make changes is very difficult and, at my site, not helped by the lack of strategy. Priorities – more... keep changing which means that the project you've just put your heart and soul into suddenly becomes unimportant (to the management team, at any rate).

The management team could be better but, like any workplace, there are a number of 'heroes' who keep the place going and push things through despite the culture. There are some great people, but also a higher-than-normal proportion of dead wood. High staff turnover. Sickness has reduced but that may be due to the recent takeover.

There are attempts to change things for the better and there has been some improvement over the past four years. Work practices favoured by more forward-thinking companies are gradually being adopted, but it is slow.

At the moment there is a 36-hour week (early finish on Fridays) but that may change when the site adopts Sanofi T&Cs from January 2012. – less
Friendly environment
Finance Manager (Former Employee), Westborough, MASeptember 6, 2012
Pros: good compensation with bonuses, salaries and equity
Cons: when i left the benefits weren't the best
People were nice to work with. Company took care of employees. I learned a lot in my 13 years working there. Work life Balance was preached but nothing was done to help achieve it.
Was a good place to work.
Senior Director Hospital Sales (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 23, 2012
Productive fun place to work for 95% of my time with the company.
Great benefits, family oriented, community oriented, dedicated to helping patients that used its drugs.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2012
Pros: very good benefits
Cons: advancement was difficult.
Each day was different. I had a lot of variety in my position, creating spreadsheets, travel planning, expense reporting, meeting scheduling in outlook.
I learned the importance of time management and setting priorities. I learned the value of developing a rapport with my coworkers and doing what I can to help them with their problems.
The hardest part – more... of my job was not having a medical background and keeping up with all of the changes in the pharmaceutical industry.
The most enjoyable part was having the knowledge and ability to help my co-workers when they needed it. – less
work place with a perfect work/life balance and also productive at the same time
Research Associate (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJuly 25, 2012
The work environment was very friendly with a personal touch. My experience at Genzyme helped me in gaining hands on experience in various protein analysis/characterization techniques in a cGMP/cGLP environment.
Great place to work & great coworkers
Receptionist/Security (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJuly 23, 2012
Pros: company was good to employees with wages & gave good raises.
Cons: company laid off many employees without warning, replaced with securitas.
I worked for this company for 10 years & enjoyed every day that I went to work.'Coworkers were great to work with & were team players.
I learned how to run mailroom when regular mailperson was on vacation or out sick, it was great to learn FEDEX, UPS & DHL mailing system.
Great products, not a great place to work.
Clinical Science Associate (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 15, 2012
Pros: good pay, benefits
Cons: poor management, training and organization
There's brilliant research going on at this company and the benefits are great. The company is very poorly organized and managed. The training on their complex, genetic diseases was minimal. I sat through 15 interviews before I got an offer.
The employees I worked with were cliquish and quick to stab a newcomer in the back. Management often enabled – more... them to do this.
It was the worst work experience of my career which is unfortunate given the benefits and pay I was receiving – less
Not the same Genzyme
Quality Manager (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJune 28, 2012
Pros: free coffee
Cons: very high level of employee uncertainty, poor employee morale, poor leadership and communication, very political work environment where nepotism is rampant
The work environment is not the same since Sanofi took over. They are quietly reducing benefits and continually ask everyone to do more with less. The leadership team can't get away from the "putting out fires" business model which makes it a difficult workplace with inconsistent direction.
Excellent
Genzyme – Senior Coordinator (Current Employee), Framingham, MAJune 6, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: too much management
Good work/life Blanace, job security is a plus. Benefits and Compensation are great.
Writing about my expereince with Genzyme
Manufacturing Machine Operator (Former Employee), Ridgefield, NJJune 4, 2012
i really enjoyed working at Genzyme, I really learnd alot in man.ufactoring. Management was very corperative The co-worker was very helpful to work with. Trying to past the inspection test was the hardestThe most enjoyale part was working with co-workers and the over time