Genzyme

Genzyme Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly environment
Finance Manager (Former Employee), Westborough, MASeptember 6, 2012
Pros: good compensation with bonuses, salaries and equity
Cons: when i left the benefits weren't the best
People were nice to work with. Company took care of employees. I learned a lot in my 13 years working there. Work life Balance was preached but nothing was done to help achieve it.
Was a good place to work.
Senior Director Hospital Sales (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 23, 2012
Productive fun place to work for 95% of my time with the company.
Great benefits, family oriented, community oriented, dedicated to helping patients that used its drugs.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2012
Pros: very good benefits
Cons: advancement was difficult.
Each day was different. I had a lot of variety in my position, creating spreadsheets, travel planning, expense reporting, meeting scheduling in outlook.
I learned the importance of time management and setting priorities. I learned the value of developing a rapport with my coworkers and doing what I can to help them with their problems.
The hardest part – more... of my job was not having a medical background and keeping up with all of the changes in the pharmaceutical industry.
The most enjoyable part was having the knowledge and ability to help my co-workers when they needed it. – less
work place with a perfect work/life balance and also productive at the same time
Research Associate (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJuly 25, 2012
The work environment was very friendly with a personal touch. My experience at Genzyme helped me in gaining hands on experience in various protein analysis/characterization techniques in a cGMP/cGLP environment.
Great place to work & great coworkers
Receptionist/Security (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJuly 23, 2012
Pros: company was good to employees with wages & gave good raises.
Cons: company laid off many employees without warning, replaced with securitas.
I worked for this company for 10 years & enjoyed every day that I went to work.'Coworkers were great to work with & were team players.
I learned how to run mailroom when regular mailperson was on vacation or out sick, it was great to learn FEDEX, UPS & DHL mailing system.
Great products, not a great place to work.
Clinical Science Associate (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 15, 2012
Pros: good pay, benefits
Cons: poor management, training and organization
There's brilliant research going on at this company and the benefits are great. The company is very poorly organized and managed. The training on their complex, genetic diseases was minimal. I sat through 15 interviews before I got an offer.
The employees I worked with were cliquish and quick to stab a newcomer in the back. Management often enabled – more... them to do this.
It was the worst work experience of my career which is unfortunate given the benefits and pay I was receiving – less
Not the same Genzyme
Quality Manager (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJune 28, 2012
Pros: free coffee
Cons: very high level of employee uncertainty, poor employee morale, poor leadership and communication, very political work environment where nepotism is rampant
The work environment is not the same since Sanofi took over. They are quietly reducing benefits and continually ask everyone to do more with less. The leadership team can't get away from the "putting out fires" business model which makes it a difficult workplace with inconsistent direction.
Excellent
Genzyme – Senior Coordinator (Current Employee), Framingham, MAJune 6, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: too much management
Good work/life Blanace, job security is a plus. Benefits and Compensation are great.
Writing about my expereince with Genzyme
Manufacturing Machine Operator (Former Employee), Ridgefield, NJJune 4, 2012
i really enjoyed working at Genzyme, I really learnd alot in man.ufactoring. Management was very corperative The co-worker was very helpful to work with. Trying to past the inspection test was the hardestThe most enjoyale part was working with co-workers and the over time
Does not deal with a multiple cultural differences
Senior Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJune 4, 2012
Genzyme is a very difficult place to work. Management does not really have a grip on preparing for the "Consent Decree" they are now under.
Not a typical 9 to 5 job and very rewarding
Regional Clinical Research Associate II (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 15, 2012
Pros: worked from home when not traveling, exciting studies
Cons: lived out of a suitcase (60-70% travel)
All around great company, co-workers were great team players
Friendly and diversed employees and good working environment, easily accessible to Red line
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 10, 2012
Pros: free, coffee, tea, milk, cream, beverages, inexpensive cafeteria, flexible schedule, managers appreciate their admins regularly, nice size cubes and no micro-management
Cons: company's stability in question, low moral, the unknown
I have been a contractor at Genzyme since 10/11 to present and so far it appears to be a great place to work.

The only concern I have at the moment is employment stability. Since Genzyme has been acquired by Sanofi and is still going through an integration period, I feel very uncertain about employment stability and what direction the company is going – more... in.

The company overall is a nice place to work, great people to work with and a very pleasant environment which I like. – less
Stong Team leader
Principal Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 4, 2012
Pros: strong sr. management and infrastructure
I have over 30 tears of experience, so I act as a real mentor to co-workers. I have contributed to several improvement and new product cross functional teams and I feel that I am a strong team leader.

I have managed several people and have had no employee turnover, which suggests that they approve of my lead by example philosophy.
Great Biotech company
Key Account Manager (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAApril 24, 2012
In my current position as Key Account Manager for Genzyme Corporation, I was required to operate in accordance with all company policies, standard operating procedures, FDA requirements (including compliance with the FDA mandated REMS) and privacy regulations. I also regularly fielded calls regarding adverse events and handled the reporting as needed.
OK
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAApril 19, 2012
The company is currently going through changes. This has been ongoing since the take-over by Sanofi.
Great coworkers, great management, like a family.
Cytogenetic Lab Aide (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 14, 2012
Pros: flexible hours, break rooms, supplied coffee and refrigeration.
Cons: as with any job in the medical field, there are risks involved, but are manageable.
The training was very thorough and they made sure the new employees understood what to do if an accident were to occur. We were taught how to handle blood borne pathogens and the necessity for safety. The layout of the labs is simple and easy to understand. The people are together for much of the day, giving a sense of unity. Everyone, including myself, – more... enjoys working there. – less
CONSTRUCTIEVE WERKERVARING
Receptioniste (Former Employee), DIEGEMApril 12, 2014
Pros: yogalessen gratis tijdens lunchpauze
Cons: niet altijd lunchpauze
Het verwelkomen van klanten , ze wegwijs maken
telefonisch contact
hotels boeken
vergaderruimte in orde brengen
administratieve taken en inspringen voor verschiillende departementen
kantoorbenodigdheden bestellen
een evenwichtige structuur behouden
leuke aan de baan is de variatie in de job
Empresa con muy buen ambiente en la que siempre estaban presentes sus valores
Técnico generalista de RRHH (Former Employee), MadridOctober 15, 2013
Pros: beneficios sociales
Cons: para algunos procesos se necesitaba realizar demasiada burocracía.
Un día típico en mi trabajo comenzaba saludando a mis compañeros y comprobando mi email. Organizaba mis tareas del día y atendía imprevistos si surgían, que era muy a menudo.
Aprendí a gestionar un departamento de RRHH con todas las funciones que esto conlleva, diferentes programas de gestión y a negociar con proveedores.
La dirección era de fácil acceso, – more... y tenía muy clara la estrategia a seguir.
La parte más difícil del trabajo era la gestión de la comunicación interna.
Lo que más me gustaba era el contacto con la gente, diseñar los procesos de evaluación, propuestas de evaluación, procesos de selección... – less
Excelente empresa orientada a los pacientes
Director de Unidad de Negocio (Former Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFSeptember 26, 2013
Orientación a los pacientes con humanismo. Orientada al diagnostico y tratamiento de pacientes con enfermedades raras
Bonne entreprise
Technicien laboratoire microbiologie (Former Employee), Marcy l'EtoileMarch 25, 2013
Pros: ambiance générale plutôt bonne, salaires et avantage en nature très correct
Cons: pas d'embauche pour l'instant
Entreprise de taille humaine (300 personnes) récemment rachetée par Sanofi. Culture de la polyvalence au sein du laboratoire où j'ai travaillé. Personnellement j'ai appris beaucoup, que ce soit sur le terrain ou dans la qualité.
Tout n'est pas rose bien sûr, mais cela reste l'une de mes meilleurs expérience pro et humaine.