Genzyme

Genzyme Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very profesional, met a lot of great people. Learned plenty of new things.
Buffer Operations - Sr Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Allston, MAJanuary 30, 2013
Got to work met with the prior shift and discussed the schedule and turn-around needed for the shift. Had the opportunity to cross train in different departments. Management was always available and the co-workers were helpful. The hardest thing was getting thru the 12 hour shift cause at times your body or mind would just be exhausted. I enjoyed learning – more... all the different processes and meeting a lot of new people. – less

May 7, 2013

Hello, I was reading your review, and figure you were the right person to ask, as a former employee. What is the difference between a technician, and associate within the manufacturing department at Genzyme, because on their website both positions job description are very similar, if not the same. Thanks

good environment
ETL Informatica Administrator/Developer (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 29, 2013
cool environment, balance work load. A good place to work at this client side location.
Awesome place to work, family friendly
Capital Projects Administrator (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJanuary 28, 2013
Very easy going and family friendly environment. Respect one another and teach as you progress into various roles within.
Horrible IT Management, poor experience, No Vision
IT Principal Tech (Current Employee), Framingham, MAJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: salaray, benifits
Cons: stressful, and misguided
Management is misguided and lost in a web of internal political bureaucracy. Sanofi is smothering any existing life out of this company. so sad really.
Fired the day after Christmas due to budget cuts! Sanofi has ruined Genzyme
Clinical Trial Administrator (Current Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 31, 2012
Pros: no ones really seems to care what's going on there.
Cons: if you're a person who has pride in thier work and would like it to be rewarded stay far away.
The company is a complete mess since the hostile takeover in 2011. Budgets are now at the mercy of Sanofi (who treats Genzyme like a baby at the nipple) and they give you very little advance notice when things change (namely layoffs!). I sincerely hope Genzyme becomes Sanofi's money pit and their losses outweigh any sort of gain! Bigger they are harder – more... they fall...
Management is null. My team was unaware of my layoff until I called them. Pointless communication chains. Don't even bother with the questions or comments- they don't go anywhere.
I wouldn't bother applying unless you need a temporary job or experience. The only way Sanofi seems to be profiting from Genzyme is by cutting them out of the equation all together and taking their patents. I doubt "Genyzme" will exist by the end of this decade.... – less
Very regimented work day. Everyone looks at time.
Packaging Operator (Former Employee), Ridgefield, NJDecember 12, 2012
Time and work!!! Refresh my packaging and gowning knowledge. Stiff management. Beware some are always on the look others great. Using goggles in ISO rooms.
No review
Associate Director, Rare Disease (Current Employee), WalthamDecember 12, 2012
Sad to see Genzyme being sanofized
No vision,
No guidance,
Putting process on the science is the worst thing which can happen to researchers
Yes it's a great place to work and meet people
QC Analyst (Current Employee), Framingham, MADecember 7, 2012
Pros: no
• Quarantining, sampling, inspection, counting, and disposition of printed/non-printed and PDS materials.
• Initiating and completing DCRs, TCRs, NCRs, and SCARs.
• Issuance and monthly inventory reconciliation, DRP, and ITR filing.
• Reject, cycle counting, and disposal of materials.
• Metrology Liason: Ensure that Raw Materials calibrated equipment – more... is compliant. – less
Good benefits, poor GMP
Purification Tech, Sr (Former Employee), Allston, MADecember 5, 2012
To run one of three chromatopgraphy columns as apart of a team while keeping up with updated SOP's and maintaining a sterile enviroment.
What great opportunity for quality personnel to gain the experience of working at a biotech facility under FDA consent decree.
Quality Assurance Senior Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), Fall River, MANovember 29, 2012
Pros: great quality experience to be a part of an organization in consent decree.
Cons: lack of flexibility on the work schedule.
Genzyme Corporation has been innovative in developing therapies for small patient populations. These patients would have had nowhere else to turn and are enjoying a quality of life because of what Genzyme does. Being involved with a company in consent decree allowed the quality staff some great experience. I wouldn't trade that experience for any other – more... work experience that I have had over my career. – less
Bureaucratic
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Westborough, MANovember 12, 2012
My experience at Genzyme was not the best. I am very much a team player and my attitude is what ever it takes to get the job done right. At Genzyme the job responsibilities are much segmented as they should be but, they take it to the extreme. There was a lot of tension between groups. As a result I learned to be patient dealing with co-workers
Excellent place to learn the craft of writing Serious Adverse Event reports
Drug Safety Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, MANovember 5, 2012
Very thorough training on how to write and submit SAE reports to regulatory agencies.
contract position
Purification Development, Angela Lewandowski (Former Employee), Framingham, MAOctober 25, 2012
I was a lab tech, and did simple assignments to keep the Lab functioning. I was not allowed to gain knowledge outside of my direct tasks. My manager was more concerned with my day than anything else. My co-workers were wonderful.
Ok
Vice President of IT (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 13, 2012
Very siloed and non productive culture

Patient focused.

Lacks the commercial manufacturing expertise needed to succeed in today's market.
Fun, but not productive
Case Manager Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 10, 2012
People work here because they enjoy their vacation. While I was on board while it still was Genzyme and not Sanofi, this was a company for people who were entirely too comfortable. Expect people to take multiple months off and act busy while on Facebook.

The crowd is a bit young and management is 1 out of every 4, or at least it was. It's very top-heavy.

While – more... your benefits and vacation days are great, don't expect to come here and make real progress. – less
Productive and fun workplace.
Regulatory Affairs Associate, Contractor (Former Employee), Cambridge, MASeptember 21, 2012
- excting opportunity
- great learning experiene
- excellent co-workers
- very understanding about work life balance
They offer a great benifits package.
Lab Animal Technologist lll (Former Employee), Framingham, MaSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: good people, very friendly
Cons: not a very strong upper management team, the rules tend to change frequently and depends on who you speak to.
They offer a lot of training and educational advancement. It is a fast paced environment with a wide variety of projects to work on. The culture is very company specific, geared towards friendlyness.
A company that started off small and hasn't adapted to its increased size
Quality Systems Manager (Current Employee), Haverhill, SuffolkSeptember 9, 2012
Pros: recently (2011) bought by sanofi and changes are happening; patient-focused
Cons: management experience of rest of industry is low
There are three types of people who work at Genzyme: Old Genzyme 'We've always done it like that why do we need to change?'; Old but adaptable: 'We see that change is needed but we aren't quite sure how to go about it'; and Incomers: 'You do WHAT?'

Trying to make changes is very difficult and, at my site, not helped by the lack of strategy. Priorities – more... keep changing which means that the project you've just put your heart and soul into suddenly becomes unimportant (to the management team, at any rate).

The management team could be better but, like any workplace, there are a number of 'heroes' who keep the place going and push things through despite the culture. There are some great people, but also a higher-than-normal proportion of dead wood. High staff turnover. Sickness has reduced but that may be due to the recent takeover.

There are attempts to change things for the better and there has been some improvement over the past four years. Work practices favoured by more forward-thinking companies are gradually being adopted, but it is slow.

At the moment there is a 36-hour week (early finish on Fridays) but that may change when the site adopts Sanofi T&Cs from January 2012. – less
Friendly environment
Finance Manager (Former Employee), Westborough, MASeptember 6, 2012
Pros: good compensation with bonuses, salaries and equity
Cons: when i left the benefits weren't the best
People were nice to work with. Company took care of employees. I learned a lot in my 13 years working there. Work life Balance was preached but nothing was done to help achieve it.
Was a good place to work.
Senior Director Hospital Sales (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 23, 2012
Productive fun place to work for 95% of my time with the company.