Genzyme

Genzyme Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Everyone is miserable at Genzyme
Associate Director, Global Cell Bank Manufacturing (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJuly 9, 2014
The management culture at Genzyme focuses on driving people into the ground. There is no emphasis on development, innovation, or putting people in the right positions to succeed. Most people who I worked with were stressed beyond belief trying to manage too many priorities, while there were others in the organization who coasted.
Highly customer focused work enviornment
Summer Intern- Marketing (Former Employee), New DelhiJuly 7, 2014
My short tenure at Genzyme was enough for me to fall in love with the company. A blue ocean company that spent billions of dollors in research to find drugs for orphan diseases with do dot have a large market, Genzyme keeps patients interest at the top. Their offices were adorned with paintings which were made by their patients and that spoke volumes – more... about their relationships. I opted to complete my internship there in a patient focused domain where I had to obtain the Physician's and Patient's views on their existing Patient support program for CKD, in four cities in India, analyze the inputs and provide my suggestions to the program to make it more patient friendly. The travel during the summer months in India with temperatures soaring upto 45 degree celsius was the toughest part of the job, but each interview was worth this trouble.

The company staff and the co-workers were quite helpful during the tenure. – less
Genzyme Review
HVAC Engineer II (Current Employee), Framingham, MAJuly 7, 2014
A typical day at work
A typical day can be either 100 % busy or very slow.

What you learned
I have learned a great deal about time and work management working at Genzyme.
Also, in addition to Engineering skills I have learned a bit about leadership and project management.

Communication at genzyme between upper management and Employees can – more... be shaky at times.

your co-workers
I have not had any issues with co-workers.

the hardest part of the job
The commute to the job was hard.

Also, since genzyme is a Pharmaceutical company the documentation and training was hard to deal with at times.

The most enjoyable part of the job
Working on actual Engineering projects. – less
Analytical Chemistry Intern (Former Employee), Waltham, MAJune 28, 2014
independence
good managers
good team
learned a lot of experiments
Productive Job
Senior QA Inspector / Document Specialist (Current Employee), Allston / Nothborough, MAJune 20, 2014
The best part of my job is having the freedom to express myself – to laugh when I need to de-stress; to speak and actually be heard, and to perform not just because I’m paid to do it but because I’m inspired to be the best. Sure, we get a lot of challenges -work load, deadlines and the pressure to be perfect – but I see them as opportunities to see – more... how far we can push ourselves, excel at what we do, and be stronger as a team. – less
Senior Drug Safety Associate
Senior Drug Safety Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, MA, USAJune 16, 2014
• Review and process of all adverse events received from investigator sites, consumers and Healthcare professionals.
• Verify the presence of all information required to be a case and request critical missing information for non case by expeditiously contacting the reporter.
• Submit and provide MedWatch, CIOMS or E2b reports as applicable. Update the – more... safety database with the submission date.
• Simultaneously I managed our CRO in India. I worked as a Team Lead for offshore Global PV project, where I monitored Pharmacovigilance operational activities for multiple clinical trials and assisted them to achieve all milestones within defined timeline.
• Worked on Medical writing, where I was working on narrative section of CSR and aggregate reports.
• Identify duplicates and non case. Incorporate physician input, append case files and perform in process quality review for case receipt. – less
A fun place to work with a great atmosphere
Medical Biller (Former Employee), Westborough, MAJune 7, 2014
Pros: the bond between the employees and the autonomy of being able to work at your own pace
Cons: having to leave
A typical day with Genzyme was great. We spent most of our time at our desks by ourselves billing as many records as we could and they were extremely concerned about our comfort up to the point that they had an ergonomics expert on staff to ensure our physical well being. They had monthly get brunches so that we could all hang out and celebrate our – more... goals, we had monthly birthday celebrations for everyone that had a birthday that month, and it really came across that everyone really respected each other.

The saddest part was that the division I worked for was sold to another company and we all were let go. It was so hard to leave because I loved it there and I probably never would have left. – less
Good Company
Global Regulatory Affairs CMC and Compliance (Current Employee), Framingham, MAMay 28, 2014
Good Company for whom to work. Typical day is quite busy; several tasks.
Management Needs Work
Quality Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Framingham, maMay 21, 2014
Genzyme is a great place to work if you can get past the management that runs it
rewarding workplace
Clinical Supply Technician (Current Employee), Northborough, MAApril 16, 2014
Rewarding job knowing your helping patients all over the world
Productive and Rewarding
Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Framingham, MAApril 8, 2014
My role as an Quality Engineer includes reviewing deviations, Investigations (Environmental Monitoring), Corrective Preventive Action (CAPA), Root Cause Analysis for commercial biologic products.
Great Comany to work for, unfortunately they were sold
Program Administrator/Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 26, 2014
Great Company, salary and benefits a plus. Management very well liked.
Great benefits, Interesting culture
Stability Specialist Associate (Current Employee), Framingham, MAMarch 25, 2014
Genzyme is a great company overall with an above average appreciation for the work/life balance. Benefits are excellent including affordable healthcare and generous vacation time upon hiring. Dynamics within a small group or between groups within the same umbrella seems to pose a challenge. Communication could be better.
Its the people that make the place
Safety Associate (Current Employee), MAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: fellow employees
Cons: work hours
Lots of change since 2011. Priorities have changed from patients to meeting production demands.
Good work balance but no advancement opportunities
Validation Lead SME (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 21, 2014
Genzyme was an awesome company to work for, but it all shattered when we started integrating with Sanofi. There was no advancement opportunities. There was no Job security as Sanofi was always looking to cut down jobs lay off departments to cut costs. For Sanofi every employee was just a number and it did not matter how much importance they would bring – more... to the company. – less
Positive Folks with a great work ethic
Senior Functional Support Administrator (Current Employee), Allston, MAMarch 18, 2014
Genzyme tries to balance work and life and it gets tricky. There's room for improvement.
Corporate Great, Department not so much
Quality Control Analyst I (Current Employee), Framingham MAMarch 4, 2014
The company is great and the benefits are great. The department i work in is stuck in the 90's and run by a narsicistic manager. So don't apply for any positions with in QC Biopolymers.
Great work place
Change Control Project Coordinator / EA (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great team work
Working at Genzyme was a great experience. The one thing I will take away is I was exposed to different technologies, working on multiple projects and project teams and being able to utilize my skill sets to contribute to the projects success.
Great place and great improvement
QUALITY CONTROL ANALYST (Former Employee), Allston, MAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: great pay/salary
Cons: can be crazy at times in terms of workload
Overall, This place has done a great job in improving itself and pay/benefits are extraordinary. Much of all information there is logged in one way or the other where certain information always needs to be recorded. At times, the amount of documentation required for certain tasks outweighed the efficiency of the purpose in documentation.
Large Biotech company
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJanuary 29, 2014
Moves at a slow pace, if one likes that so be it.
Things take time worked for a short duration so cant say much

1 2 3 4 5