Genworth Financial, Inc.

Genworth Financial, Inc. Employee Reviews

Insurance
Benefit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 29, 2014
I worked at Genworth for three years. I am a Benefit Anylast. I process claims for insured that have Long Term Insurance. I love what I do.
Pros
wonderful benefits
Cons
no childcare
Great initial perception but many complete changes without much foresight
Licensed Reverse Mortgage Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 23, 2014
This was a pretty good company to work for considering they change products, pay plan, and company name quite a bit.
Overall a great place to work.
Marketing Analyst-Print Procurement-Fulfillment (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 20, 2014
A job that I looked forward to each day, full of challenge and collaboration with many departments. My team management couldn't have been better and my co-workers all pulled together for the betterment of the team and business. I left each day with a sense of accomplishment.
Pros
benefits and team camaraderie.
Cons
layoffs due to frequent reorganization.
People were very nice.
CUSTOMER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 19, 2014
Learned how to work with our customers.

Co-worker were always willing to help with problem when needed.

Most hardest part of job was dealing with upset customers over there billing problems.
Pros
free lunch evey month
Cons
healrthcare
Doesn't reward excellent performance with retirement
Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 10, 2014
Worked 27 1/2 yrs wwith Genworth. Every performance review was excellent and I used only 3 sick days during my tenure there. Laid off at age 53 1/2. Genworth gave NO retirement benefits because I wasn't 55 yrs of age at time of lay off. I gave 100% each day.
Great Atmosphere
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg VAJune 23, 2014
*Genworth has a great atmosphere to work in
*Leadership encourages you to strive to do your best
*Opportunity to grow and learn
n/a
Document Specialist /Cash Team (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 18, 2014
· Processed various time-sensitive commercial insurance documents per
· Certain procedures to maintain compliance to certain requirements
· Trained in all aspects of Mortgage Insurance Operations Servicing
· Systems (MIOSS) with Loss Mitigations and Annuities area.
· Scanned, indexed, and performed quality control of certificate numbers and reinstatements
· Responsible for data entry of figures on renewal billing statements
· Organized and processed all documents according to billing dates
Professionl excitng work place
Lead Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 17, 2014
Great environment with team players. Enjoyable work place.
Great Employees. Positive Atmosphere
Loan Processor and Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 2, 2014
Evaluate Loan requests for refinancing thoroughly using HARP guidelines. Processed loans into the system using WAPPVIEW and Microsoft Excel. Provided underwriting in both updated and original systems using proper documentation and precise detail. Exercised prompt response techniques to lenders and customers across the U.S. to insure quality customer service
poor management, decent benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 13, 2014
The only decent thing about this job is the benefits. Management only wants to believe in what they want and listen to know one. Favoritism is rampid. Racism is bad. They promote people based on who you know and not what you know. Management only cares about making miney and nothing else.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
favortism, limited advancement, its who you know not what you know, management needs to come off their high and listen
Great Experience
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 2, 2014
Good place to learn about insurance products, project management and sales
Pros
work environment- hours, location, benefits
Cons
compensation
Good place to work, but headquarters in East Coast
Senior Intake Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAApril 25, 2014
This is a fast paced business with a large volume of work that needs to be processed daily.

Love working here but the business headquarters are back east now and they will not hire more staff in CA.
Very productive and fast pace but fun job
Customer Accountant (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 30, 2014
I loved what I did, gained a lot of knowledge and the people that I worked with have became life-long friends. I can't really say that there were any hard parts in this job. I had many stressful days as any other job but you learn to work through and past the stressors.
Pros
great benefits, family fun days, flexible work-life balance
Cons
my position was part time
na
Process Associate (Former Employee) –  gurgaonMarch 23, 2014
Good process to start your career, best for learning and grooming
Senior Benefit Analyst
Senior Benefit Analyst - Life Insurance Division (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 19, 2014
Accountable for obtaining, identifying, investigating, and evaluating critical information required to accurately and objectively adjudicate Long Term Care Insurance claims. Effectively manage and prioritize work with aggressive deadlines; Working within a structured environment with standard operating procedures to ensure consistency of claims practices and resolution.
Pros
customer contact and issue resolution opportunties
Cons
limited growth
Great if you have a natural market
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 3, 2014
This is a great position for an individual whom has an already established natural market. Leads are a thing of the past. Strictly commission is also tough on someone with little savings and in this economy.
Pros
create your own schedule
A friendly place to work with a cooperative atmosphere
Servicing Coordinator, Institutional Markets Group (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 22, 2014
A typical day at work in this position usually consisted of assisting new and existing customers make changes to or understand their accounts. My co-workers were all extremely friendly and professional at all times. The hardest part of the job was the tedious repetition. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you were helping people receive retirement benefits that they often times didn't even know existed. As a contractor, I didn't receive any of the corporate news or e-mails so I may not have an accurate grasp on the pulse of the company as a whole, but from my time there it has seemed like a friendly and professional place that seems to have many long-term employees.
Pros
on-site cafeteria, bank, gym, medical facility
Cons
extremely conservative corporate enviroment
3rd best place i ever worked
Forensic Fraud Investigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 11, 2014
Love them and recommend highly if you can get on with them. Managers were great whole team was fun to work with.
Pros
working there
Cons
contract work
Great workplace, allowed me to grow.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 8, 2014
I was allowed to learn all aspects of business that interested me, trusted to work independently, and was assisted with suggestions and mentoring when requested. I was encouraged to aspire to higher goals and given the proper tools and assistance if needed. I was respected by my peers and management. Work schedules were flexible when needed as well.
Pros
health insurance, 401k and yearly bonus' provided by employer. flexible work schedules.
Cons
health insurance was not as good as i had previously.
Stressful Company to Work For
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 7, 2014
Worked for this company for 25+ years, was a subject matter expert, admin system specialist and more. Company in last 2 years has gone down hill fast. Very clicky, knowledge means nothing, managers and seniors (Leads, Analysts etc) micro manage to the point they should do the work themselves.
Pros
benefits, peers, culture, diversity
Cons
micro managed, clicky, disrespectful, underpaid