Genworth Financial, Inc.

Genworth Financial, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Employees are very committed and passionate about providing excellent customer service.
Accounting Representative (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: Very Charity oriented
Cons: Love to Micro-manage
Fast paced environment with fun outgoing people. Emphasis on personal and career development with lots of options on online courses.
Good company
Business Analyst Team Lead (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 21, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Genworth. The culture is a little out dated, but overall a good place to work. They offer excellent benefits and opportunity for advancement. They give back to the community and strive to meet customer expectations.
Productive Place and Warm Feeling
Task Manager Representative (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VADecember 30, 2015
Keeps you busy and always participates in the community. Whether it is giving back or donating. We are always training and learning new things. Team Leaders are great and easy to talk to.
investigation work
Contractor (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 22, 2015
I really loved this job the compensation was great and my fellow employees were like family they unfortunately had to make some cuts on the job and 150 people lost their jobs
fun place to work
Final Expense Case Manager (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNDecember 17, 2015
new building, work from home at times, great pto paid holidays sick leave. healthcare coverage. awesome benefits. days went by fast no time to look up
Slow
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CADecember 8, 2015
This sis not a good environment for closers and loan officers. You are better off going somewhere else. They hire new people and hold up your files.
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Richmond, VADecember 4, 2015
The hardest part of work is the tight time lines. Has a great work life balance. Great management. Good benefits. The pay is typical but very small raises and promotional opportunities.
It was a great workplace before the financial crisis.
Director of Technology (Current Employee), Richmond, VANovember 28, 2015
Post 2008, Genworth has attempted multiple times to jump start its growth and steady its financial foundation but has struggled due to their overweight exposure to the LTC business.
Professional management in a challenging market environment for LTC products.
Regional Vice President (Current Employee), Richmond, VANovember 19, 2015
Professional management.
Dedicated helpful associates. Providing financial planning products that help insureds and their families.
Productive work enviorment
Case Manager (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VANovember 10, 2015
Pros: Heath Benefits
Cons: Managment
A typical day of work, checking emails boxes that I'm was in charge of.

Making a to list to get the cases done.

Working alone co workers on difficult cases.

Answering the phones from clients, and agents about cases inquires.
The most enjoyable part of the job was SELLING! Helping clients understand the product and why they need it was very gratifying
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAOctober 13, 2015
Pros: Freedom with work/ life balance
Cons: Commission
Appointed Long Term Care Insurance Agent
Genworth Financial

Excellent opportunity to break into the sales profession while transitioning from health care. The local agency support and team dynamic helped greatly in understanding the sales process/ fact based selling. Never regretted making the move.
Overall a decent place to work
Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 29, 2015
Pros: On site gym
Cons: Difficult industry to be in with the economy - frequent restructuring of business, repeated lay-offs, job uncertainty at times
Good Benefits. Community Involvement highly encouraged/supported.

Good environment to learn on the job.

A "get it done" mentality.

Learned many skills that will be valuable to other companies.
Good company
Ongoing Eligibility Benefit Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 20, 2015
Pros: Large company in Richmond VA
Cons: Claims can be overwhelming at times however that is Claims in general
Many changes over the years
Long Term Care insurance is needed however there have been concerns if the company can stay in the race as far as claim adjudication
Insurance Consultant
Agent (Former Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 19, 2015
I was supplied leads to follow up with. I was selling long term insurance. I sold a few policies, but never get the volume I needed to live on, so I moved on in search of another position.
detailed work
Exception Manager (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VASeptember 15, 2015
Pros: good training and teams
Cons: no job security
only interaction was with team. if I were in a different area of genworth and/or customer facing i would've enjoyed it more. wasn't able to maximize potential.
Fantastic organization
Senior Long-term Care Specialist, District Manager (Former Employee), Morristown, TNSeptember 10, 2015
Pros: What ever was needed to get the job done was always provided, training was on going and excellent
Cons: all consuming
I worked with management and Representatives that were incredibly skilled, transparent and integrity based. It was a pleasure to be associated with this company in every way.
As an Insurance Agent, Field Trainer, Classroom Trainer, District Manager, Recruiter, I was exposed to many facets of the industry.
Independent sales representative
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Greater Chicagoland TerritorySeptember 1, 2015
The culture is ever changing. All independent representatives, under the direction of a regional leader. Most enjoyable aspect of my job is meeting with potential clients and helping them with their insurance and annuity needs. Turmoil in the industry, which makes selling full time challenging.
Productive and upbeat workplace
Accounting Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAAugust 14, 2015
I owe Genworth thanks for the experience that I currently have because they gave me the opportunity to work for them after I graduated college. It was a good company to work for, with good employees and upbeat morale.
Productive and Great team environment
Life Insurance Team Supervisor, Operations (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Gym and Nurse Practitioner on site, good benefits package, cafe on sight, free coffee, team motivated
Cons: Company in transition and downsizing
~ Great company with great benefits
~ Day included building, mentoring and motivating team
~ Recruiting for new talent including interviewing and on boarding new hires
~ The most enjoyable part of my job was developing and encouraging team members
Good Place to Work
Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, ample opportunity to advance career, increase skills and make connections
Cons: Constantly changing, spots of poor middle management
The work environment is very busy and constantly changing. Management is always looking for ways to run operations is a more consolidated and efficient fashion. This sometimes works and other times it backfires.
The benefits package is very good, although salaries can be a bit stingy in some circumstances.
There are plenty of opportunities to grow for those willing to put in the effort and pursue the channels.
The economic downfall of 2008/2009 caused large reduction in force. This could have been minimized and handled better. Current CEO is doing a great deal of cleanup to deal with poor decisions made by the past CEO.
Headquarters