Genworth Financial, Inc.

Genworth Financial, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor Atmosphere
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), LYnchburg, VADecember 12, 2014
Little to no growth available. Horrible management. Micromanagement. Do not apply for this company.
Excellent Company to work for!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 4, 2014
Pros: great benefits, 401k, rewards given for going the extra mile, etc.
Cons: uneven distribution of work load at times
Top notch company with highly professional staff. People are friendly and helpful to each other. Lots of good benefits and perks.
Interesting and rewarding work
Benefit Eligibility Specialist III (Current Employee), Richmond, VaNovember 11, 2014
Pros: the work hours are 7 am until 3:30 pm
Cons: the future is unclear
The Long Term Care Insurance field is interest work, but Genworth is suffering and my future is unclear. Each day at work is different and demanding, which I enjoy. The most enjoyable part of this job is the satisfaction of helping the elderly. The most difficult part of my day is the managing the caseload. Management is doing the best they can in this – more... difficult environment and I am hopeful we will recover. – less
Productive and Fun Company
Customer Service (Former Employee), San Rafael, CANovember 10, 2014
Pros: great holiday luncheons
Cons: call center -inbound calls needed to meet 90 calls per day
Good training, great benefits, great managers, great atmosphere. Good pay, good benefits, time of paid, vacation time paid and honors all holidays.
Sr. Customer Services Rep. (Current Employee), BrentwoodOctober 30, 2014
Pros: save time on going to lunch, so do not need to leave the building.
Cons: food may not be healthy, health can be a risk.
This is a Company that gives each individual a opportunity to use their talent and skill to better the company;

Be them self

Express their opinion

Use work not just for a place to work but a place to be family
Good company
Corporate Internal Auditor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 20, 2014
Genworth was a good company when I worked there, I would work there again.
great work environment
Senior Benefit Analyst (Former Employee), San Rafael , CaOctober 17, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: not much pay increase
great training, great work environment and management team. awesome mentoring program
Genworth Financial
Business Development Manager & Account Manager (Former Employee), Turkey, IstanbulOctober 13, 2014
I have a strong sales background having identified, negotiated and signed deals with Turkey’s largest banks and insurance companies,

I am highly motivated, independent, self-starter and have a proven track record of delivering results and exceeding goals for large multi-national companies through effective collaboration with local and regional cross- – more... functional teams. – less
Not awful if you don't have any other option or want to advance your career.
Anonomous Employee (Current Employee), VirginiaOctober 2, 2014
Pros: time off: 20 days minimum; new management (ceo, svp) seem to want to improve things
Cons: salary, poor deeply ingrained culture
If you're in the Operations group, don't expect to do any advancement in the company, and if you do, don't expect your salary to move with you. Salaries for promotions (which don't actually exist because promotions in the traditional sense aren't allowed) are based off of previous salary, so no matter how much your job responsibilities increase, you're – more... salary will only go a few percentage points.

Also, there is a strong culture of competition in the company, and not in a good way. Every group is constantly trying to defend itself from others and deflect responsibility, and finger pointing is a constant fact of life. Teamwork and shared responsibility are simply nonexistent. And the higher up you go into leadership, the more downright Machiavellian it gets. Watch your back. – less
This was the best place to work.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), San Rafael, CaSeptember 10, 2014
I love going
in to assist the policy holders with the problems of the day.
Great place to work, very happy.
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee), UndisclosedAugust 27, 2014
Pros: great place to work overall
Cons: conservative culture could be a pro or con depending on person
Great place to work, have had a good experience and love the people I work with, great atmosphere.
Genworth was a dynamic enviornment that focused on leadership development.
Regional Sales Manager, LONG ISLAND (Former Employee), New YorkAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great incentives and bonuses for producing agents and managers.
Cons: not getting a clearly communicated vision and commitment from leadership.
I began as a long term care insurance sales rep and later promoted to regional sales manager. I developed a fledgling team of new agents into one of the top offices year after year for 13 years. A typical day at work required me to recruit, train motivate and sometimes terminate agents when necessary. Goal setting and clearly set standards where constantly – more... communicated among the team and we all knew what was expected of us.

The leadership team and upper management of the organization underwent significant change over the years going from AMEX Life to GE Capital Life insurance Company of NY and later being spun off as an IPO now Genworth and this led to an unclear vision that the company is still struggling with today.

The hardest part of the job but always necessary is having a supportive intervention with an agent who is not performing to standard. It's a dual sided coin...when the supportive intervention is effective it leads to positive change...that's enjoyable! On the other hand, when no change occurs it requires probation and possible termination. While terminating is never enjoyable it is best for all involved and allows the non performing agent to move on to hopefully find a more suitable career.

A valuable lesson learned as a new regional with Genworth is that it is always better to perform the supportive intervention sooner than later! – less
Contract Position
Systems Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 10, 2014
Pros: great hours and team work
Great company to work for. I was a contractor for six months. Contracted ended and had to look for another opportunity
Insurance
Benefit Analyst (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: wonderful benefits
Cons: no childcare
I worked at Genworth for three years. I am a Benefit Anylast. I process claims for insured that have Long Term Insurance. I love what I do.
Great initial perception but many complete changes without much foresight
Licensed Reverse Mortgage Advisor (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 23, 2014
This was a pretty good company to work for considering they change products, pay plan, and company name quite a bit.
Overall a great place to work.
Marketing Analyst-Print Procurement-Fulfillment (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: benefits and team camaraderie.
Cons: layoffs due to frequent reorganization.
A job that I looked forward to each day, full of challenge and collaboration with many departments. My team management couldn't have been better and my co-workers all pulled together for the betterment of the team and business. I left each day with a sense of accomplishment.
People were very nice.
CUSTOMER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch evey month
Cons: healrthcare
Learned how to work with our customers.

Co-worker were always willing to help with problem when needed.

Most hardest part of job was dealing with upset customers over there billing problems.
Doesn't reward excellent performance with retirement
Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 10, 2014
Worked 27 1/2 yrs wwith Genworth. Every performance review was excellent and I used only 3 sick days during my tenure there. Laid off at age 53 1/2. Genworth gave NO retirement benefits because I wasn't 55 yrs of age at time of lay off. I gave 100% each day.
Great Atmosphere
Customer Service (Current Employee), Lynchburg VAJune 23, 2014
*Genworth has a great atmosphere to work in
*Leadership encourages you to strive to do your best
*Opportunity to grow and learn
n/a
Document Specialist /Cash Team (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 18, 2014
· Processed various time-sensitive commercial insurance documents per
· Certain procedures to maintain compliance to certain requirements
· Trained in all aspects of Mortgage Insurance Operations Servicing
· Systems (MIOSS) with Loss Mitigations and Annuities area.
· Scanned, indexed, and performed quality control of certificate numbers and reinstatements
· – more... Responsible for data entry of figures on renewal billing statements
· Organized and processed all documents according to billing dates – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Genworth Financial, Inc.

Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading Fortune 500® insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial – Read more