Genworth Financial, Inc.

Genworth Financial, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly environment
IT Systems Specialist/Salesforce.com Developer (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 8, 2015
Great place to work. Job security is very unstable since the collapse of financial markets in 2008. Layoffs occur on a regular basis of approximately every 9 months.
Excellent company with very knowledgeable employees
HR Systems and WorkForce Time and Labor Analyst (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Work/life balance - abiltiy to work from home in order to meet needs of business
Cons: Several systems with little integration
Fast paced customer focused environment. We are the lead supporters for US and global HR practices and system data, US payroll, US benefits, and US Time and Labor. Our team is focused on our customers and we strive to support each other, we are very team oriented. Our team works well together we work as a family with the same common goal. My job affects employees pay, the system that we have in place is not well thought out. Our policy is paying all employees current and timecard data is only passed as exception time, many employees are overpaid due to this practice and some do not even know it is happening until it is to late. Discussing the overpayment that can be a hardship on the employee is always tough but a major part of my role. The most enjoyable part of my job can’t be summarized into one thing, I enjoy my co-workers and the great time we have doing our jobs, I also enjoy the fact that each day is different, I am always working on something different I am always helping and supporting in many different ways and areas.
Beyond an Internship
Human Resources IT Intern (Current Employee), Richmond, VirginiaApril 28, 2015
I have been able to be placed in the right place by my manager for me to work on major projects as a lead.

I have major responsibilities that I have to maintain for the company in my position as an intern.
Great place
Sales & Marketing Analyst (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 30, 2015
Great place to work with quality people. Doesn't feel like a corporate environment, more like a close family.Advancement is hard though management wants you to succeed.
Poor management
REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT ANALYST (Current Employee), Stamford, CTMarch 26, 2015
There is no room for advancement or job security. The company is not willing to make necessary changes to improve the business.
great place
Case Management Representative (Current Employee), lynchburg vaMarch 20, 2015
really great place to work at it is just awesome and fun and wonderful and great and just amazing just absolutely lovely.
Great people and a good place to advance
Sr. Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: free on-site parking
Cons: challenging calendar environment
My current position is a demanding and challenging one, which I enjoy. Daily work schedule is mercurial and changes day to day. Enjoy needing to stay on job of all situations and be pro-active to see what might lie ahead and coordinate changes before they arise. Genworth's employees are a great group of people.
Lackluster Culture
Anonymous (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 7, 2015
The culture here is words on paper vs a living thing. The Company is in a tough market condition and management is more focused on financials than its people.
Jobs here are what you make of them. There is no structure- only who you know and how good of a negotiator you are to get what you want and need.
Good for Now
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great community focus
Cons: limited growth opportunity
Excellent pay for expectations, patience is key! The work load is definitely manageable, however when working with so many people, be ready for delays from management and when putting in requests. KINDNESS IS KEY to handling policy holder requests and issues. It can definitely be challenging.
Flexible Work Environment
Senior Benefit Analyst (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 18, 2015
Very busy days. Benefits are what drive employment. The work environment is flexible. The associates are very giving and provide help when needed.
Overall Genworth is a very good company. I rated it very high. However, due to recent financial loss, there is some concerns about job security.
Sr. Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule, free coffee and condiments, and gym is onsite
Cons: currently there is some concerns about layout due to our recent quarterly reporting
Determine Long Term Care claim eligibility determinations based on the claimant's contract and other information provided at time of claim as well as determining need for additional information to properly determine risk.
Fun Workplace with Great People
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAFebruary 14, 2015
I have thoroughly enjoyed working with Genworth. The men and women that I work with are hardworking and honest, but they love to have a great time. Our management teams are some of the best and are always involved with the people on their teams. The hardest part of the job was balancing the work that needed to be done, phone calls, emails, etc. The most enjoyable part was resolving issues and making someone happy.
Exmaple
Manager (Current Employee), RichmondFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: pros
Cons: cons
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Positive working environment; great support from management
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAFebruary 7, 2015
I worked as a customer service representative in a long term care claims inbound call center. I initiate new claims for policy holders and explain policy benefits to policy holders and their representatives.

I have learn listing and communications skill working in the call center so I can better assist policy holder's needs.

The hardest part of the job was the volume of caller.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I know I was helping policy holder in the time of their need.
Long Term Care Sales
Long Term Care Agent (Former Employee), Olathe, KSJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: set own schedule
Cons: 100% commission
Cold calling, setting appointments for meeting with individuals to discuss long term insurance. Hardest part of the day, sitting on the phone for hours. Most enjoyable, helping families. Coworkers very knowledgable on products and services.
A decent place to work.
Senior Benefit Analyst for Long Term Care Division (Former Employee), Windsor, CTJanuary 7, 2015
I worked with some great people and learned a lot about the long term care insurance business.
The management was just ok.
A typical day was obtaining new work for people wanting to open a claim and going through the process of determining their eligibility and setting it up for services.
I enjoyed helping people.
Productive work environment co-workers not so inviting
Case Manager (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great cafeteria, lovely building, 1 hr lunch
Cons: unwillingness to help new employees better there job.
A typical day at Genworth is exciting because you meet new people and an interesting position. I learned Long Term Care New Business. There are many of things that I was trained in doing however there was even more that was not in training and you had to learn on your own. The co-workers were rude, not friendly or willing to help when you had a question. I felt eventually like because we were temporary employees like a "Leper", that was the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people(THE TEMPS) and learning about LTC NB insurance.
Corporate Environment
Actuarial infrastructure engineer (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 2, 2015
I worked with Genworth Financial through IT recruiter Randstad. My review of Randstad is great, there were definitely considerate and very helpful.

If you're looking for a place to work that provides a sense of fulfillment and acknowledgement, well this isn't it. More of a cog in the larger machine. During my tenure at Genworth I fulfilled positions such Grid Infrastructure Engineer and Application Analyst.

I met great people at Genworth and I learned a lot in the positions I held. Hardest part of the job is the fact that processes and departments are broken down and require levels of ticketing and permissions. For example, if certain folders need priority in QOS or additional credentials for Grid environment there were different groups that managed each subset. I came from a background where I had access to everything I needed. However, this is expected in such a larger company as Genworth, especially a company that routinely goes through IT audits for security purposes.
Productive and fun work place
Case Management Representative (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VADecember 28, 2014
A typical day at work would include sorting letters to be mailed out for around a hour or 2, then after I finish that take phone calls and process transactions. I am grateful to have learned so many systems and the correct verbage to speak to customers with. My supervisors and co-workers are wonderful and so very positive and keep me motivated throughout the day . The hardest part of my job may be not knowing some processes but the most enjoyable part of my job is learning the hard processes and being able to teach someone else.
Goal oriented environment
Universal Life Case Manager (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VADecember 23, 2014
Pros: the learning experience and the people
Cons: short breaks
Loved the people I worked with and had an amazing team. Learned how to deal with the agents and processed Life insurance cases from start to finish as well through the underwriting process. The hardest part was the stress and meeting the quarterly numbers. In the end it was always rewarding to see how well we had done.

1 2 3 4 5

About Genworth Financial, Inc.

Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading Fortune 500® insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial – Read more