Genworth Financial, Inc.

Genworth Financial, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work, very happy.
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee), UndisclosedAugust 27, 2014
Pros: great place to work overall
Cons: conservative culture could be a pro or con depending on person
Great place to work, have had a good experience and love the people I work with, great atmosphere.
Genworth was a dynamic enviornment that focused on leadership development.
Regional Sales Manager, LONG ISLAND (Former Employee), New YorkAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great incentives and bonuses for producing agents and managers.
Cons: not getting a clearly communicated vision and commitment from leadership.
I began as a long term care insurance sales rep and later promoted to regional sales manager. I developed a fledgling team of new agents into one of the top offices year after year for 13 years. A typical day at work required me to recruit, train motivate and sometimes terminate agents when necessary. Goal setting and clearly set standards where constantly – more... communicated among the team and we all knew what was expected of us.

The leadership team and upper management of the organization underwent significant change over the years going from AMEX Life to GE Capital Life insurance Company of NY and later being spun off as an IPO now Genworth and this led to an unclear vision that the company is still struggling with today.

The hardest part of the job but always necessary is having a supportive intervention with an agent who is not performing to standard. It's a dual sided coin...when the supportive intervention is effective it leads to positive change...that's enjoyable! On the other hand, when no change occurs it requires probation and possible termination. While terminating is never enjoyable it is best for all involved and allows the non performing agent to move on to hopefully find a more suitable career.

A valuable lesson learned as a new regional with Genworth is that it is always better to perform the supportive intervention sooner than later! – less
Contract Position
Systems Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 10, 2014
Pros: great hours and team work
Great company to work for. I was a contractor for six months. Contracted ended and had to look for another opportunity
Insurance
Benefit Analyst (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: wonderful benefits
Cons: no childcare
I worked at Genworth for three years. I am a Benefit Anylast. I process claims for insured that have Long Term Insurance. I love what I do.
Great initial perception but many complete changes without much foresight
Licensed Reverse Mortgage Advisor (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 23, 2014
This was a pretty good company to work for considering they change products, pay plan, and company name quite a bit.
Overall a great place to work.
Marketing Analyst-Print Procurement-Fulfillment (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: benefits and team camaraderie.
Cons: layoffs due to frequent reorganization.
A job that I looked forward to each day, full of challenge and collaboration with many departments. My team management couldn't have been better and my co-workers all pulled together for the betterment of the team and business. I left each day with a sense of accomplishment.
People were very nice.
CUSTOMER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch evey month
Cons: healrthcare
Learned how to work with our customers.

Co-worker were always willing to help with problem when needed.

Most hardest part of job was dealing with upset customers over there billing problems.
Doesn't reward excellent performance with retirement
Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 10, 2014
Worked 27 1/2 yrs wwith Genworth. Every performance review was excellent and I used only 3 sick days during my tenure there. Laid off at age 53 1/2. Genworth gave NO retirement benefits because I wasn't 55 yrs of age at time of lay off. I gave 100% each day.
Great Atmosphere
Customer Service (Current Employee), Lynchburg VAJune 23, 2014
*Genworth has a great atmosphere to work in
*Leadership encourages you to strive to do your best
*Opportunity to grow and learn
n/a
Document Specialist /Cash Team (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 18, 2014
· Processed various time-sensitive commercial insurance documents per
· Certain procedures to maintain compliance to certain requirements
· Trained in all aspects of Mortgage Insurance Operations Servicing
· Systems (MIOSS) with Loss Mitigations and Annuities area.
· Scanned, indexed, and performed quality control of certificate numbers and reinstatements
· – more... Responsible for data entry of figures on renewal billing statements
· Organized and processed all documents according to billing dates – less
Professionl excitng work place
Lead Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 17, 2014
Great environment with team players. Enjoyable work place.
Great Employees. Positive Atmosphere
Loan Processor and Underwriter (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 2, 2014
Evaluate Loan requests for refinancing thoroughly using HARP guidelines. Processed loans into the system using WAPPVIEW and Microsoft Excel. Provided underwriting in both updated and original systems using proper documentation and precise detail. Exercised prompt response techniques to lenders and customers across the U.S. to insure quality customer – more... service – less
poor management, decent benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAMay 13, 2014
Pros: meet new people
Cons: favortism, limited advancement, its who you know not what you know, management needs to come off their high and listen
The only decent thing about this job is the benefits. Management only wants to believe in what they want and listen to know one. Favoritism is rampid. Racism is bad. They promote people based on who you know and not what you know. Management only cares about making miney and nothing else.
Great Experience
Supervisor (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 2, 2014
Pros: work environment- hours, location, benefits
Cons: compensation
Good place to learn about insurance products, project management and sales
Good place to work, but headquarters in East Coast
Senior Intake Analyst (Current Employee), San Rafael, CAApril 25, 2014
This is a fast paced business with a large volume of work that needs to be processed daily.

Love working here but the business headquarters are back east now and they will not hire more staff in CA.
Very productive and fast pace but fun job
Customer Accountant (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits, family fun days, flexible work-life balance
Cons: my position was part time
I loved what I did, gained a lot of knowledge and the people that I worked with have became life-long friends. I can't really say that there were any hard parts in this job. I had many stressful days as any other job but you learn to work through and past the stressors.
na
Process Associate (Former Employee), gurgaonMarch 23, 2014
Good process to start your career, best for learning and grooming
Senior Benefit Analyst
Senior Benefit Analyst - Life Insurance Division (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: customer contact and issue resolution opportunties
Cons: limited growth
Accountable for obtaining, identifying, investigating, and evaluating critical information required to accurately and objectively adjudicate Long Term Care Insurance claims. Effectively manage and prioritize work with aggressive deadlines; Working within a structured environment with standard operating procedures to ensure consistency of claims practices – more... and resolution. – less
Great if you have a natural market
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Durham, NCMarch 3, 2014
Pros: create your own schedule
This is a great position for an individual whom has an already established natural market. Leads are a thing of the past. Strictly commission is also tough on someone with little savings and in this economy.
A friendly place to work with a cooperative atmosphere
Servicing Coordinator, Institutional Markets Group (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: on-site cafeteria, bank, gym, medical facility
Cons: extremely conservative corporate enviroment
A typical day at work in this position usually consisted of assisting new and existing customers make changes to or understand their accounts. My co-workers were all extremely friendly and professional at all times. The hardest part of the job was the tedious repetition. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you were helping people receive – more... retirement benefits that they often times didn't even know existed. As a contractor, I didn't receive any of the corporate news or e-mails so I may not have an accurate grasp on the pulse of the company as a whole, but from my time there it has seemed like a friendly and professional place that seems to have many long-term employees. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Genworth Financial, Inc.

Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading Fortune 500® insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial – Read more