Gensler Employee Reviews

Productive and Innovative
Internship (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2016
Gensler is a great company, I have learned so much working with the retail team. I would recommend this company to anyone. Gensler challenged me as a designer and allowed me to think in new ways.
Great environment and opportunity for growth
Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2016
Innovation is not a buzz word but a culture and Gensler is always pushing the edge, to re-invent the norm. I was fortunate enough to be part of this incredible environment as a Design Manager, always searching for new business and pushing my team to do their very best.
All around great company
Studio Coordinator, Architectural Photographer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 16, 2016
Great culture, great benefits, amazing people and leadership, good work/life balance. There is a lot of awesome energy here, the office is beautiful, and the relationships formed are great.
Great Workplace
FF&E DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 11, 2015
It is very rare to find a design company that could offer a work life balance. But in Gensler you will be able to find that. Very comprehensive medical benefits and compensation program.
Pros
Outstanding employee benefits
Cons
Management needs to improve on hearing out employee suggestions, support employees in outside learning, for such a small start-up branch so much politics, high attrition rate
Great place to start
Job Captain/Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2015
Gensler is a great place to start ones architectural career. I would recommend it to young people looking for a start to their career.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Compensation is not the best
Work hard play harder
Studio Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoSeptember 16, 2015
Nice space and a very energetic and lively atmosphere - good solid group of employees who love what they do. The company promotes Gensler culture so you better be ready to drink the juice!
Pros
Nice office space
Cons
A little too corporate for a design firm
Good for Architects
Project Administrator / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 12, 2015
Gensler has a high energy environment. A very good place for young Architects, not so much for Admins. The company promotes training for Architects and various advancement opportunities. The office environment is upbeat and industrious. The down side is when projects are low so is work flow and then your position is in danger of being eliminated.
Collaboration
Retail Studio Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2015
Team collaboration is an integral part of the Gensler approach. One learns a lot and plays on a team.

one also learns about the entire approach to create a space, be it interior or exterior architecture.

From concept inception to construction document, it is a steep learning curve that carries with it support and collaboration.
Gensler
Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2015
Gensler has a great work environment. I am constantly surrounded by and work with lots of fun and creative professionals.
Best Work Experience Yet
Intern Architect (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 23, 2015
Gensler is an incredible firm to work for. They teach you how to be a well rounded design and are big on innovation. There's also plenty of room for advancement.
Pros
Happy Hours every Friday
NA
Accounting Admin (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 11, 2015
It had great health benefits but no work life balance. The culture is a very different one than most. Be willing to work 50- 60 hour weeks and work on weekends. IF you do not plan on being replaced.
Great Place!
End Point System Administrator I (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 5, 2015
great fun working place. couldn't ask for better coworkers. always something to do and a potential to move up in the ladder
Very creative firm with very helpful and friendly people
Practicum Student/ Architectural Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 31, 2014
The people are very approachable and everyday provided stimulating challenges to solve. There were a lot of socializing to get acquainted with other employees. Everybody is supportive, thus providing a healthy working environment.
Busy work
Internship/Assistant (Former Employee) –  BeijingDecember 23, 2014
I did a lot of overtime every night. They have a lot of exciting projects there but really got you occupied. Friendly atmosphere to internships, but very low salary.
Pros
good projects
Productive and Creative Place to Work with Amazing People
Facilities and Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 20, 2014
I love my job as an office assistant, everyone was great to work with! The company has such a great cultured environment to work in.
Overall good company
Project Architect (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesJune 29, 2014
Such a large firm it is very stable but easy to get lost in the crowd.
Fantastic Environment
Project Coordinator Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 27, 2013
Gensler is a great place to work with good people and an exciting environment to be in. I have learned so much about the world of architecture from the beginning phases to there completion. Gensler is always buzzing with activity. We have a great crew of IT professionals to work with who are always willing to coordinate with me on projects and provide me with there honest feedback. The most difficult part of my day is to not be able to resolve everything for everyone everyday in all I can always drive home knowing we did a gave it our best efforts.
Pros
lots of fresh fruits and good food can always be found
Cons
long hours and weight gain can be the only downside of gensler
Great place to work but the compensation is on the lower side!
Finance (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 21, 2013
Good Work/Life Balance, Good Benefits, Lots of social events and food! The only downside is that the salary is low compared to the rest of the industry and does not consider the cost of living in San Francisco!
Pros
good work/life balance, good benefits, lots of social events and food!
Cons
low compensation
Bad experience
Information Technology (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2013
At Gensler you are treated as a number not a person. If you think I'm lying ask any former employee what they received the first day at work. They will tell you a folder with a employee number. The employee number identifies you in the company.

Management sucks!! Especially in the NY office. It's all politics at Gensler. I was promised a good bonus and it was $600. I don't know how that's considered good working for a multi billion dollar company. Just like other reviews expect to work overtime without any pay. HR department is supposed to be helpful and a resource for the employees. The HR department at gensler finds ways to fire you and make it seem like it's your fault. Don't ever dare to be late a couple of minutes. Being late will get you fired. Speaking the truth will get you fired. Voicing your thoughts will definitely get you fired. Not working overtime without pay will also result in you being fired. Not sucking up to HR will get you fired. I can keep going on...

This is the first company in which employees cry about their salaries openly. Its a good place to learn everything, cry and leave ASAP.
Pros
good learning a experience
Cons
everything!!!
gensler is good place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2013
its a average place to work,when its a bussy during the day ,co worker was realy good because he is a good learner and that was most enjoyable days when we work to geather,managment was poor and there was no job security.

2.9