GENETEC

GENETEC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great work environment
Tech Support Engineer (Former Employee), Montreal, QCMay 27, 2014
Pros: great culture, work is valued, market leader, plenty of learning opportunities
Cons: difficult to move ahead for newer employees
I loved working at Genetec for most of my time there. The people were great, the corporate culture very pro-employee, and I learned a whole slew of technologies in my day to day life at the company.

The product is solid and has rightfully earned its place amongst the market leaders, and while the company has grown, it still had the start up feel in – more... many of the aspects. It was easy to know people in most department and never too difficult to get the ear of anyone, including management. Year end bonuses and gifts were also very generous.

The start up feel unfortunately also worked as a negative. Most people who changed positions did so laterally as opposed to truly being promoted, or it was only a minor promotion. There was a feeling that there was a glass ceiling that internal employees who came in after the core group could never break - their work is very appreciated, but not necessarily to contribute in further ways to the company's growth, even though they might have passionately wanted to. As such, a lot of the leads were either (young) longer time employees or more experienced people from the outside, and if you aren't perceived to be able to do more, you will not be promoted no matter the qualification.

Salary was average for the position, though the year-end bonus helps boost it into very acceptable territory the more years you spend at the company. As mentioned above, it was career mobility which was more hamstrung.

That being said, I have heard that the company has started to review its salaries and career path, so it may have gotten better. – less
great experience
Customer Service Representative - Licensing (Former Employee), Ville St-Laurent, QuebecAugust 22, 2012
Pros: affordable lunches for employers at bistro
Cons: customer service extensive hours
My first experience in licensing and customer services, very challenging and demanding. The company has great benefits and flexible hours. Unfortunately, I was under a year contract and benefits were not included during my time. Great experience!
very interesting working environment meeting people
Managing Director (Current Employee), DubaiMay 11, 2013
basically Diplomat at the Senegal Embassy to UAE till 2010 working as a privet counselor to the Ambassador, meantime Managing Director at GENETEC GENERAL TRADING, so my skills moving between management and consulting