Reporting to the Manager of Business Development, this multi-faceted position will take on a variety of responsibilities including a leadership role coordinating our Customer Service Representative team and ensuring that our operational policies are being adhered to. This position will also assume a “Duty Manager” role outside of regular business hours. As Duty Manager, your primary responsibility is ensuring smooth facility operations (Pass Holders, Drop-in Admissions, Facility Bookings and set up) during evenings and weekends. Additionally this position will have elements of program planning, community relations and will actively market and sell all NECCS services and products including facility pass, facility rentals, programs and sponsorship.
- Salary range $40,000 - $45,000
- Comprehensive benefits package including extended health, dental, short & long term disability and RRSP matching program
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Free NECCS family facility pass
- Free on-site parking and close to C-Train
- Full time hours (combination of 1pm-9pm on weekdays and 9am-5pm on weekends)
Role & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all elements of our front desk and customer service team including hiring, training, scheduling, leading, mentoring, reviewing policy and updating procedures as needed.
- Coordinate, build and manage the volunteer program.
- Attending to the front desk during business hours answering customer inquiries, and selling facility passes and programs.
- Developing, marketing, accepting registrations and executing our drop in and active living programs.
- Assume a leadership position, acting as a crucial link between the senior management team and front line staff, ensuring the NECCS image and standards of service are always maintained.
- Provide exceptional customer service – utilizing strong communication and troubleshooting skills to manage all customer enquiries, requests, and complaints.
- The ability to communicate and sell NECCS services, focusing on drop-in admissions, facility passes and programs in addition to facility bookings and arena board sponsorship. This role will require an active role in marketing and selling NECCS.
- A thorough understanding of various aspects of the business including strong knowledge of the facility layout, facility passes, programs, bookings day sheet, public and special event schedule, and emergency procedures.
- Handle cash and operate equipment – cash register, credit/debit machine, printers, camera, photocopier and computer.
- Assume a leadership role during emergencies, security threat, and first aid situations.
Skills & Abilities:
- Post-secondary level of education, with transferable skills relevant to the job duties.
- 2 years of customer service/ customer relations experience.
- Ability to work full time hours working 3-4 shifts Monday-Friday between 1pm-9pm, and 1-2 shifts between 9am-5pm on weekends.
- Previous supervisory experiences with the proven ability to problem solve and be proactive without supervision.
- Professional and mature manner, with excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Standard First Aid/ CPR certification.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check – applications must be completed prior to the first shift.
- WHMIS certification is an asset.
- Multilingualism will be considered an asset.
Note: Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications. Competition closes when a suitable applicant is found.
Indeed - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The Genesis Centre of Community Wellness is a 225,000 square foot multi-purpose complex enriching the health, wellness, and unity of...