General Paint Employee Reviews

Freindly place to work!
mix Paint, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB29 September 2016
Everyone always helped everyone! always felt like working with family! Scheduling wasn't an issue at al either! def enjoyed working here!
It's an alright place but the salary is not there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 March 2016
Work is hard and fast paced with a lot of customers .
Duties were to stock, tint, mix paint, colour match, clean, ring through sales, write reports based on customer sales. Nice working enviroment but the salary is not there.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
salary
Prior to the take over General paint was a great to work. After the take over the entire company culture had changed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Ab.2 June 2015
Servicing customers, making sales calls, daily paper work. Managing staff.

What learned many useful tools to continue with my career. Most notable is time management skills.

My employees where fantastic. I could not of asked for a better group to work for me.

The hardest part of the job was the integration of the two different companies. The mind set of the former General Paint was one of a family. After the integration that culture was changed.

Dealing with my customers. Many who I have known for years.
Pros
great customers
Cons
increased hours without increase in pay
Pretty good
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB9 May 2014
The company was great, and it was an overall good place to work, however the compensation was lacking and there was not much room for advancement.
Awesome place to work!
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 May 2014
the best company I have worked for, great repeated customers, had a great team
Potential If they hired qualified Supervisors
Production Employee (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 October 2013
Great place to work overall but it could be better if upper management stopped promoting from inside. They hire uneducated and unqualified people to run the floor which gets you stuck in time without having any new ideas or technology ever having a chance in this place.

The good thing is that it cant keep going on like this......well the company is over 100 years old, oh no!
General Paint is alright.
Stock Worker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver,B.C.,Canada4 August 2013
General paint doesn't pay much but you learn alot and they are fair enough but it is hard work and not much pay for what you do.
Pros
You learn alot.
Cons
Low Salary
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 May 2013
open and close store
Customer service needs
helping to choose the best product for their needs,
Asking many questions to make sure that they are getting the right product for the project they are doing
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
cannot thing of any
productive and fun workplace
lorry driver (Former Employee) –  Canada14 February 2013
Nice workplace, nice team, good money. I had to deliver paints and tools in Vancouver. I enjoyed it.
Pros
good rates
Cons
little bit tiring
Great team to assist; however, not great for advancement.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary Alberta18 September 2012
A typical day at General Paint would hardly be considered a dull day. I assist a team of 4 sales reps, an accountant, and the counter staff. In addition, I am responsible for the order desk. Dealers who sell General Paint products rely on me for their orders. I create, edit, manage documents, and assist the sales reps with their client's needs. General Paint has accounts for a few large corporations. Therefore, I am always in demand when there are inquires from these account holders. I would consider the front counter staff to hold the hardest position, and they create an environment that is enjoyable to work in. With respects to the management, there is room for improvement. As for training, I was provided with less than a week. In addition, there was nobody I could rely on for assistance when I took over the position.
Pros
excellent team of employees.
Cons
lack of good management.
Fun workplace
Volunteer & Part - Time (Former Employee) –  Lebanon25 July 2012
Working in paint industry was great. I have learnt Quality control settings in the paint analysis. Great leader , my Boss .
Very family style company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 July 2012
Felt like family, very busy during summer months, heavy lifting, colour matching