General Mills

General Mills Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Palletizer (Former Employee), Chanhassen, MNSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: i am good person hard worker and good team worker
Cons: i am a good learner some thing i don't know i ask my team if they knew
My first day at work I was happy because of learning new things,I learned new skills for the bakery, The management was very good.They were very nice,nothing was hard for me.I enjoy every moment for the bakery.
Ok place to work
Inbound/Outbound Planner (Former Employee), Belvedere, IlSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: interaction with management is not there.
Working is competitive and challenging. The atmosphere among team members varies but in general is good. All of my experience in logistics comes from here. Management is very team oriented in theory but not in practice. The hardest part of being an operations inbound/outbound planner is coordinating supplies for the lines. What I enjoyed most is the – more... challenge of maintaining that supply without interruptions. – less
Really smart people; competitive environment
Associate Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNAugust 22, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule, motivated coworkers
Cons: competitive environment
The company is amazing at developing you. Marketing is competitive with an up-or-out advancement policy. Your experience also varies widely based on your division and management. It's a great place to start out your career.
Company That Cares
Plant Site Manager (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 22, 2013
General Mills has done an amazing job in providing their employees the proper benefits and individualized attention that they deserve. The company puts solid emphasis on learning and development of their employees which is the core of their business.
Good office environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNAugust 15, 2013
I don't have much to say as I was only a temporary employee who was on the phone the majority of the time.
Productive and Friendly workplace
Casual Storeman (Current Employee), East Tamaki, AucklandAugust 15, 2013
Pros: eating the pasta
Cons: long hours
In my personal experience when I first started with General Mills (manufacturing pasta making company), I came in to a warm happy friendly environment with exciting co-workers to work with. With having this as my first job and no work experience whatsoever, I started off with a slow start and at first did not like it because this was a fast workplace – more... environment. Although as day by day came, I became good at what I was doing and started getting along and loving my job. This is what I learned from my years of casual work is that if you get a job you give it your 100% as soon as you step through those work doors and maintain the standards of your employers or customers. Don't EVER slack off! The hardest job working here was packing. Not because of the packing itself but because you had to pack really fast to keep up with the machines. Most enjoyable part was filling preparation for the pasta and machine operating. Friendly, funny co-workers to work with but got the business done! – less
Overall a good company to work for with a lot of oppourtunity if willing to relocate
Senior Quality Engineer / Food Safety Team leader (Current Employee), Wellston, OHAugust 4, 2013
Pros: large diverse company
Cons: limited opportunity if you choose to remain local
General Mills provides a good total compensation package and is large enough that there are opportunities for advancement if willing to relocate.
Ok place to work
Packer (Former Employee), Great Falls, MTJuly 31, 2013
Pros: nice incentives
Cons: short notice for overtime. sometimes 5 minutes
This company is great to work for but only if you don't want to have a life. If you don't kiss the union president's butt then you are not included in anything. The plant is all about men. Some of the things heard while there were very very inappropriate. Talk about sexual harassment to the max.
great co-workers but difficult to working in high temp
Oven Operator (Former Employee), popular,WIJuly 30, 2013
Pros: yearly safety awards with dinners
Cons: when the plant shuts down cause building gets to hot in the summer time
At this job I worked midnights. So we did the setup for the week. Drive forklift pickup totes of flour used to make taco shells. Lift up flour bags with crane lift. flour transfers across building into mixer, where water is mixed together. Then dumped into tub that we push over to hopper we fill up. Dough is pushed up onto rollers and cut out and ran – more... through oven. Then the belt transfer into fryers. Then hardshell tacos are produced then other coworkers package up.
This job was great due to the safety team we came up with to ensure our work place was safe to work for all employees. – less
Demanding enviroment but fulfilling.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Dover, DelawareJuly 24, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no advancement
Ensure products are consistently available to the members of the Armed Forces and their dependents. Distribute coupons to create and drive profitable sales. Introduce new products as well as promote established products by hosting demonstrations.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers. The hardest part is being unable – more... to satisfy all the customers needs or wants. – less
productive, a steady pase work flow
Line Worker (Former Employee), Social Circle, GAJuly 23, 2013
Pros: grab day
Cons: shorts breaks, hot
hot everyday, everyday there something new, your break is nothing but 30mins cant go out on your break unless u work in the office so most likly if you didnt bring it with you or you know someone in the office that can bring you something back on there break, your not going to have it. I did learn alot from working from this place learned how u control – more... a forklift, lift beams they do have it where they'll let have what they call grab day you'll get a full box depending on how much of the product has been shipped out.management is good for the most part if you work hard it'll show everyones looking at you in the warerhouse, hardest part of this job is the heat the most enjoyable meeting new people mostly everyday and the tranning – less
Great company to work for
Production Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Chanhassen, MNJuly 11, 2013
Pros: we do get free lunches every once in a while, co-workers are generally amazing
Cons: a lot of weekends to work, and generally have no regard in personal lives.
Benefits alone make this a great company to work for. In the production area of the company, managers are know to come and go on a yearly basis; I've been at the company for 10 years now and have had 11 different managers.
Co-workers are generally really nice and fun to work with.
The job can get stressful at times but eventually works out in the end.
nice place to work
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee), Wellston, OHJuly 10, 2013
decent place to work room for advancement as long as you are willing to work
Tech. II (Former Employee), Chanhassen, MNJuly 8, 2013
Pros: healthcare, benefits
Cons: hard to get on first shift
Work could sometimes be physically hard but all in all job was pretty good.
Shocked and Appalled
Specialist (Former Employee), Carson, Ca.July 6, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: you are just a number
I worked one week then fired. Started with two days of orientation with all safety and introductions to a wide variety of people. on the third day I was shadowing certain workers who jobs I wiould be learning..Great, on my fourth, fifth, and sixth i was training to be on the supply side. At the end of the sixth day I was called into the H.R. Office – more... not really knowing why I was called in. I was told I was being let go because some employees had observed that I didn't have General Mills attitude and that I was gossiping, which was untrue the only thing that changed within the seven days I worked their was that my limp got progressively worst. Im telling you this story today and still have no idea what was going on. Through the 2.5 months to check my background to working just one week I did enjoy some of the people who worked their. This is just a cautionary tale which is all true and happened in Carson, Ca. They said we care for our employees but I wasn't fired for performance or anything like that I was fired because of hearsay. I have two kids and they just stole food out of their mouth I especially want to thank Production supervisor ,who never worked on my shift, and H.R. Dept for their hypocrisy. – less
Great enviroment, culture, and coworkers and good pay as well.
Desktop Support Team Lead (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNJuly 5, 2013
Relaxed, professional company run by outstanding individuals. A+++
General Mills
LINE COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Social Circle, GAJune 27, 2013
General Mills was a good job because it was close to home, I felt that it was very unorganized in the beggining and things have gotten better. I dont like the inconsistency of the job because you never know how long you are going to be there. The work isnt very hard and production was easy to keep up with as long as you have a good team. The management – more... there picks and chooses who works and I feel that thats unfair. – less
Shipping cookies and gogurt to all the boys and girls!
Warehouse Lead Man (Current Employee), Carson, CAJune 27, 2013
Pros: time flies because of the diffrent jobs i can do for the company.
Cons: 38 degrees work envirnment
We are the Yoplait and Pillsbury division of General Mills.Its a very high volume fast paced environment...We work extremely safe and we are highly productive! On any given day I may do 5 or more different roles. The hardest part of the job would be staying warm. Its a refrigerated warehouse and is at 38 degrees at all time.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Hannibal, MOJune 25, 2013
Pros: very good benefits
Cons: it is a factory and gets hot but they supply spot coolers for comfort.
Loved my job. It was part time but when they eliminated second shift sauce I was going to be placed on a 12 hour over night shift so I retired. It is a very good place to work and the workers are great.
I learned how to take care of my machine. Co- workers always help each other. Management is helpful and listens to concerns.
Manufacturing job that has a great team atmosphere
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 23, 2013
Work with my team to maintain the machinery and keep everything running smoothly in order to meet our production goals for the day. Troubleshoot any problems and take regular quality checks to ensure the customer is getting the best of General Mill's products.

About General Mills

Our Brands. Your Legacy. Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, – Read more