General Mills

General Mills Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Smart People, Slow Moving in areas
Sr. Brand Design Production Associate (Former Employee), MinneapolisNovember 4, 2013
Pros: the talented people that you'll have the pleasure of working with everyday
Cons: it can be slow moving and the job can become boring at times.
Loved the people, I can't tell you what a pleasure it is to work with such talented, smart and genuinely kind people. It's a great place to work.
not a good work environment
DISTRIBUTION FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee), Social Circle, GANovember 1, 2013
a typical work day begins with an employee meeting where we told the numbers for the night . given safety briefing and sent to our forklift to begin working. picking cases and loading trucks with minimal to no damage while meeting productivity
Great company that offers great benefits.
NA Operations (Current Employee), Golden Valley, MNOctober 23, 2013
Pros: ammenities
Cons: disconnect between other business functions.
Highly political, advancement process is painful and extremely frustrating. New generation and previous generations tend to clash with one another, so implementing change across the organization is extremely difficult and in turn creates a negative environment.
Very hard work
Temporary Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Chanhassen, MNOctober 17, 2013
Pros: free muffins every now and then
Cons: 1 30min break is all you get, and you never sit or lean at all times
I worked GM as a temporary. The environment was not bad, but one of their problem was, the job was never secure. Every shift people would get in a line and if you worked several day priviously you would be sent home because they have to give a chance to others. Also their pay was not really great compare to the heavy lifting and constant hostility it – more... requires. No overtime and $9/hr. even third shift. – less
"beatings will continue until morale improves"
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 16, 2013
Pros: production jobs pay above average.
Cons: morale. corporate culture.
it used to be a really good place to work, but in recent years, the management team consists of mainly recent college graduates. they are mostly young girls, who are trying to prove themselves and show what they know. Rather than listen to experienced employees, they talk down to them, and demand that they get respect that they haven't earned.
Productive and highlyenjoyable
Machine operator/packer (Former Employee), Covington, GAOctober 15, 2013
I learned how to make cereal, repair equipment, package product and maintain quality of product. Everyone worked as a team and were always a pleasure to work with. I enjoyed working on machines and loved fixing them. I liked making difference
Productive and fast pace working environment
Progresso Soup Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Hannibal, MOSeptember 30, 2013
1. Awesome place to work
2. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with others and projects
A very satisfactory place to work.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Social Circle, GASeptember 29, 2013
Overall, a safe and pleasant place to work. I work there for many years and under many different company names. I found the workplace fair and the pay scale fair. I was sorry to see the plant close.

I would give this a 5 star rating.
Good Job
Manager in Akhtar (Former Employee), Peshawar pakistanSeptember 29, 2013
Good job ..and good experience with them..but no limit of Duty time..some time 24 hours duty with out any overtime..
Productive and Family like place
Mixer Operator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 23, 2013
Pros: free lunches, great healt benefits, bonus
General Mills is a great place to be working, I have had a great time . It was like a big family to me. I started working as Sanitor. and after that packer operator, then maintenance helper.After that pre-weigh operator ,in a short period I was in Palletizer and finally mixer operator. I used to go once a year to Mexico in my vacation period thanks – more... to the good salary of this great company. we used to have very good benefits also, Including bonus . If I ever have the opportunity to work for this company again I definitively will. I thank all management for all the help I had. They were there for me when I need. And all my co-workers sometimes we had discrepancies as normal but at the end we worked together and I wish the best to everyone of them. God Bless America. – less
Great Culture and benefits. Tough Work/Life balance
Manufacturing and Engineering Associate (Current Employee), IllinoisSeptember 19, 2013
Incredibly smart people work for this company and has allowed me to grow tremendously. Challenging projects have kept me engaged. Great culture where I can enjoy working with the people next to me.

Work/Life balance is preached but not followed. Politics does cause quite a bit of stress.
Peers worked weel together to obtain daily goals
Team Leader One (Former Employee), chanhassen MnSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: great company to work for
My skill-set and industry expertise are comprehensive and up-to-date. I make it my top priority to see that Production Manager Duties are done well and efficiently. My career has also seen its share of achievements; while working as a Continuous Improvement Coordinator at General Mills, I was responsible for saving the company more than $3.000,000.00 – more... in labor savings and $185,000.00 in mechanical savings during our strive for 5 Continuous improvement campaign. – less
Superior Productivity
Package Handler (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 10, 2013
My work as a package handler was more than just a day unwrapping boxes; the physical demands of carrying products, as well as the mental dedication to the consistent hours of doing so, taught me a great sense of discipline.
General Mills was a very exciting job to have.
In-Store Designer (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INSeptember 10, 2013
Working at General Mills was very fun and fast paced. I learned alot about warehousing, building pallets properly, I learned about the brand of General Mills and how they help our community. The people there are friendly, fun and hard working.
Productive, challenging place to work
Maintenance/Reliability Technician (Current Employee), Covington, GASeptember 10, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: rotating shifts
12 hour rotating shifts. Professional atmosphere. Enabled me to learn a lot about the industry. Provided much professional training. Management is committed to safety, quality and it's people. The people are the best part of the job. Highly skilled professionals.
Palletizer (Former Employee), Chanhassen, MNSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: i am good person hard worker and good team worker
Cons: i am a good learner some thing i don't know i ask my team if they knew
My first day at work I was happy because of learning new things,I learned new skills for the bakery, The management was very good.They were very nice,nothing was hard for me.I enjoy every moment for the bakery.
Ok place to work
Inbound/Outbound Planner (Former Employee), Belvedere, IlSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: interaction with management is not there.
Working is competitive and challenging. The atmosphere among team members varies but in general is good. All of my experience in logistics comes from here. Management is very team oriented in theory but not in practice. The hardest part of being an operations inbound/outbound planner is coordinating supplies for the lines. What I enjoyed most is the – more... challenge of maintaining that supply without interruptions. – less
Really smart people; competitive environment
Associate Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNAugust 22, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule, motivated coworkers
Cons: competitive environment
The company is amazing at developing you. Marketing is competitive with an up-or-out advancement policy. Your experience also varies widely based on your division and management. It's a great place to start out your career.
Company That Cares
Plant Site Manager (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 22, 2013
General Mills has done an amazing job in providing their employees the proper benefits and individualized attention that they deserve. The company puts solid emphasis on learning and development of their employees which is the core of their business.
Good office environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNAugust 15, 2013
I don't have much to say as I was only a temporary employee who was on the phone the majority of the time.

About General Mills

Our Brands. Your Legacy. Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, – Read more