General Mills

General Mills Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace with ping pong table
Manufacturing team leader (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 10, 2014
great place to work, great compensations and benefits. Excellent job work/life balance and very flexible management.
Good company
Material Handler (Former Employee), Carson, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: never a dull moment
Cons: too much overtime
Good place to work.Never a dull moment. Very small spaces in the departments. Have to be very cautious when operating equiptment.Management very friendly. Nothing have about the job. Going to work everyday was very enjoyable.
Cereal giveaway once per quarter
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Covington, GAJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: very good pay and great workers and management
Cons: could be dangerous at times.
Very good company and team oriented. We worked 12 hour rotating shifts. The company treated their employees with the utmost respect. The hardest part of the job was when there was a system malfunction (could get very hot and messy. Overall I learned a lot thru the years and it would take a long time to explain.
was a temporary job due to switched jobs to rock point logistics
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Aurora, ILJanuary 20, 2014
worked nights and workers were hardworking and managemnet was always hardworking also
factory work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: breaks
different work stations
palletized
set up and break down boxes
got along with co worker and management
Great company to work for!!!
Ergonomics/Wellness Specialist (Former Employee), vinland NJJanuary 13, 2014
fast pace, exciting factory. management was very much involved with morale and labor techniques.
very educational internship
Safety Intern (Former Employee), New Albany, INJanuary 13, 2014
I was given a great deal of freedom to accomplish my safety related tasks and really enjoyed the work I got to do.
busy and good working enviroment
Technical operator (Current Employee), berwick on tweedJanuary 7, 2014
a good company to work for good holidays.
good benifits and working conditions.
the best part is job satisfaction
Producing fillings for pizza rolls..
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Wellston, OHJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: fast pace, and something new everyday..
Cons: would have like to have drove the forklift longer..
operated forklift to get different materials for the pizza roll fillings for production on that day..Shred cheeses for the fillings. Recording the materials usage on the batch sheets..stronger than I thought I was picking up 33 pounds of block cheese for a hour at a time. I shocked myself.
Simple/repetitive tasks
General Employee (Former Employee), Shelbyville, TNJanuary 6, 2014
I worked 8 hour days, 4-5 days a week. The different tasks were simple and repetitive. It takes awhile to advance to a higher paying position. The management was o.k. They did their jobs, but, compared to management in other jobs I have worked for, General Mills/Select Staffing management did not stand out.
Well known successful company.
Scientist/Business Technical Manager (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Very fast paced company. I learned how to work my way up the technical ladder from hard work analyzing samples in the lab using various laboratory techniques, then worked in method development for short time before being asked to manage the HPLC and GC labs. I worked with many types of personalities all with the same goal - completing our responsibilities – more... on time and to the best of standards. – less
productive
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), haldwaniDecember 22, 2013
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: long working hours
it was up to the mark. cuz i am MBA in HR so i want to go in that field.
Great working environment.
Research and Development Scientist (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNDecember 19, 2013
Great working environment. Typical day will be developing benchtop prototypes and then preparing for scale up in pilot plant. Day also involves meeting with cross functional team and update with manager. I have learned a lot about product development and project management.
Package handler, cleaning warehouse, palletized ,
Temp (Former Employee), Belvidere, ILDecember 19, 2013
Package handler, cleaning warehouse, palletized ,
learned how to palletize and Package handler the produce

management helpful when asked with something not working good or help show how to do somthing

co-workers were fun and nice to work with and good on helping new co-workers

the hardest part of the job is palletized

working with my co-workers
It was a nice learning experience
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INDecember 14, 2013
I learned a lot from this job and the other employers and supervisors were nice
Marketing & Sales University with continuous improvement mind set
Market Manager MENAT (Current Employee), Dubai, DUDecember 8, 2013
Pros: leading strong brands performing in multiple categories with large talent pool, lot's of know-how, established operational process and procedures with extremely healthy hr policies
Cons: due to it's large size, slower rotation between roles and markets compare to the peers
In summary, Country Manager in General Mills has the full accountability of the business planning, execution and result of the market or region. And everything evolves around creating & executing.
Obviously it's a big team and should be played among the functions in full harmony, hence being a team player is the number 1 skill to have to be succesful – more... in the organization.
Hardest part of the job is to select the right priorities for the both current and upcoming fiscal, quarter, etc.. The region has lot's of potential and running after every opportunity could make the team lose the real big picture & focus.
Most enjoyable part is, the team, industry itself (food) and continuously experimenting and improving ourselves. – less
Proactive and safety conscience work environment
Production Utility/ back-up operator (Current Employee), Joplin, MONovember 26, 2013
Pros: excellent dental and health insurance
The company takes good care of their employees, through incentives and other means.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 22, 2013
This job was ok but the pay did not fit the occupation. The work was on a first com first serve if I did not make it on time I did not get any work.
excellent
cleaner (Former Employee), buffalo,nyNovember 20, 2013
Pros: good work environment
Cons: didn't get hired yet
i enjoyed working there even though it was seasonal. i love how they operate and how they do safety measures. i enjoyed working with my co-workers and managers. also, they were very understanding when i got in a car accident.
a company with good food product
Intern (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 13, 2013
it is nice to work in a place where you can taste all kinds of cereals of different recipes, very fun.

About General Mills

Our Brands. Your Legacy. Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, – Read more