General Mills

General Mills Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
overworked underpaid unappriaciated
Assist in wharehouse (Former Employee), ft worthMay 26, 2014
Cons: threat of being fired for everything
my spanish was not good enough for this job. most managment spoke spanish. Since i couldn't understand they treated me bad. in fact they sent me home without pay when i was working so hard.
Productive and Efficient
Certified machine operator on Pallet Rider (Former Employee), Social Circle, GaMay 23, 2014
Pros: good overtime hours, an average of 60 hours a week
Cons: short breaks, no time for the restroom
A typical day would include an initial meeting which outlined our daily numbers which needed to be meet. Each were broken down into departments. We stretched, and got to work trying to meet production.

Lunch
Break
Go Home
Employees
Senior Integrated Marketing Communications Planner (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 20, 2014
General Mills employees are some of the smartest and most resourceful professionals that I have ever worked with.
easy and safe work environment
General Labor (Former Employee), Social Circle, GAMay 17, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: not always able to work
easy work, pay is very weak and co workers are very funny or hard to work with
Warehouse
LINE LEADER (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMay 15, 2014
I preformed packaging for this company. I also supervised four other co-workers on my line for work performance and effort.
intense at times but very well organized work environment
IT Desktop Support Internship (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNMay 14, 2014
family orientated environment, great group of people, intense at times, spend a lot of time building relationships outside of work such as luck meetings, company picnics, and a plethora of volunteering events
A nice place to work and a friendly environment
Line Operator (Former Employee), Belvidere, ILMay 9, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: not enought followthrough on things.
The best part of the job is the team work environment and the ownership of your work.
Excellent Company
Imaging Operations Representative (Former Employee), MinneapolisMay 8, 2014
I really loved working for General Mills. General Mills is where I acquire my skills. Management Great!
Team-oriented work place with amazing benefits and focus on Safety
Novice Mechanical Technician (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 2, 2014
Always a learning experience on the floor working with machinery and product efficiency. Management and fellow teammates always there to lend a helping hand and answer questions as best as possible whenever there is one. Company culture is always striving to take advantage of every opportunity with the consumer and food safety as number one priority – more... every day on the job. – less
fast past
General Laborer (Former Employee), Milwaukee WisconsinApril 28, 2014
working for General Mills was great! Benefits were good,ive met many differnt people from different cultures
hard working, team work
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Covington, GAApril 23, 2014
Pros: we were swing shift so it was 4 days on four days off
Cons: the 12 hours and we could only get 33 hours per week
Good job just the 12 hours seem forever to come and go and the part of only getting 33hours per week I didn't like. I think if we are full time then we should at least get 40 years a week. But the job was really easy and the co worker were really nice and friendly and also they supervisor was too.
Great International Brands
Brand Manager (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHApril 5, 2014
Pros: exposure to mutinational company culture and brands
•CONSUMER PROMOTION - Research with consumers and identify appropriate gift items
•TRADE PROMOTION - Research with Retailers and identify appropriate gift items.
•IN STORE/IN HOME PROMOTIONS - Design & Implement In Store & In Home Consumer Promotions for both new as well as existing products
•PROMOTION TRACKING - Track the efficacy of Promotions vis-à-vis – more... standards and Collate and analyze market trends, Prepare brand Plans. Recommend positioning and pricing strategies. Co-ordinate Market Research activities. – less
Fast paced productive environment
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 3, 2014
Great place to work as a temp. Employees are pleasant and everyone is respectful.
Packaging Maintenance (Former Employee), Toledo, OHApril 2, 2014
Packaging Plant repairs and warehousing
Good place to work. Great benifits and pay
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee), Hannibal, MOMarch 27, 2014
GM is a good place to work. Lots of different departments to work in. Various schedules. I've been working 6:30am til 3:00pm for the last 5 years. Great benefits and pay.
temp
Lead Forklift driver (Former Employee), Covington, GAMarch 27, 2014
before they relocated it was a good job, dealing with different people
This job explained in short form.
Fork Lift operator (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INMarch 14, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: long hrs, management, lms, environment, stress, no job security
All your hard work is based on a computer system that is seriously flawed! What ever happened to just being able to go to work and do your job and go home? I had such great expectations for this company but they were soon demolished! At least once a week I'm called in the office to be scorned about my( L.M.S ) 'THE SYSTEM'. ITS bad , I have been there – more... almost 6 months and I am desperately trying to find another job.Did i mention that since I have started there have been at least 25 people either fired or quit! Highest turnover rate I have seen in along time. – less
productive and good workplace
Production Worker (Current Employee), Social Circle, GAMarch 14, 2014
Seeing how much work they have for us to put out
How to work on a assembly line and be constant
Good management
Work good with other such as co worker
When the machine gets jammed up and slow up work
The last hour of work when everyone try to speed up to hit there goal
Team oriented Company with challenging projects and advancement opportunities
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 12, 2014
Pros: human resources is an strategic business partner
Cons: conflict avoidance culture
Great place to work as people is always willing to help and management assigns challenging projects that stretches the individual out of their comfort zone. I love the fact that you can work independently on your projects and you can leverage your network for best practice sharing. You also have exposure to senior leadership early in your career. You – more... also have the opportunity to be part of any of an Employee Networks, which are active, engaged teams that also support your development within the organization.

As a HR Generalists in General Mills, I have been focusing on the overall business needs and business strategy and I have been partnering with business units to help them achieve their objectives.
• Drives team/talent development and organizational leadership to maximize business results
• Provides expertise in change management and organizational design
• Leads employee relations initiatives
• Collaborates with HR Specialists to achieve objectives

In partnering with leadership teams, I have help drive business results by providing leadership and by developing talent. – less
Great work environment and happy coworkers
Certified Student Attorney (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 7, 2014
I worked as a certified student attorney part time doing patent and intellectual property work.

About General Mills

Our Brands. Your Legacy. Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, – Read more