General Mills

General Mills Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place to work
SharePoint Client Services Consultant (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNJanuary 9, 2015
I would have given General Mills all 5 Stars but I am only a contract so my job security/advancement is missing.
Loved the atmosphere.
Assistant Chef (Former Employee), Minneapolis MinnesotaJanuary 6, 2015
There was not enough hours and the upper management was all about himself.
Great work environment for motivated team players.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great place to learn more than work skill...
Cons: management will play the numbers game with your hours. remember it's business not personal, but i understand it's hard not to take short hours as personal.
Great work environment for motivated team players. The hardest part about working here is you can't find job security on the hourly 40 bases as often as you may like. However, you can take advantage of learning more than one warehouse work environment skill set.
Great culture, slow to market
Global Communications Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 4, 2015
General Mills offers up a wonderful environment. The company encourages diversity and walks-the-walk with the philosophy "bring your whole self to work."

However, General Mills is slow to innovate. It lags behind in critical areas of the industry. Consumers are on trend with smaller companies, and healthier and more exploratory brands.
Great Place to work
Business Planning Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: great headquarters
Cons: current layoffs
Good work/life balance. Unfortunately going through layoffs now, so culture is on a downturn
Mass produced Pizza Company
Line Worker (Former Employee), Wellston, OHJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: inside cool air in plant
Cons: long way to walk to plant from parking lot
Lots of walking on the Floor, putting out boxes, ready for pizza boxing
Or standing in one spot of a hour at a time pulling pizza off the line.
Management was very nice, co-workers were very nice. Hardest part
when the line goes down everything is done manually. Enjoyed the cool air in the plant.
Plant shutdown
Operating Technician (Current Employee), lodi caDecember 30, 2014
The company just announced its closure. Which affects 430 families. The moral at general mills is low. The company itself is good to its employees.
Learning experience
Prescale Technician (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 30, 2014
Learn new GMPc technics. Had the opportunity to work in a great company and in the manufacturing of conserved food.
Great Company
Territory Manager, Field Customer Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 24, 2014
Great company to work for. This is a great organization that will allow you to move up and around the company based upon mobility. Management is open and they care about you and your family. I would recommend this company to anyone fresh out of college.
Favorite job ever
Production Worker/Assembler (Former Employee), New Albany, INDecember 17, 2014
Pros: great pay and people
Cons: i want to be hired full time.
Great place to work, Good pay and great employees. Human resources and management are friendly. Free monthly giveaways of a product we made. I was hired for a seasonal position so it makes it hard to leave a company you enjoyed working for. Keeping my fingers crossed for a future full time position.
great place to work
Production operator (Current Employee), Carson, CADecember 14, 2014
Family oriented work enviroment,very important to be a team player,keep employee inform quartley on company success ,good management practice.
General Mills
Forklift Driver/ Loader (Current Employee), Social Circle, GADecember 13, 2014
A good place to work and have a overtime pay.......................................................................
Lavergne Steel
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNDecember 10, 2014
Pros: nice respectful work place
Cons: when work got slow and hours got cut.
Some days I would do production welding jobs. Some days I would sandblast all day. I would also make deliveries for the company. Some days I would work in the office doing payroll, filling and answering phones. Some days I would supervise over the employees when the owners were out of town. I had to make sure their were plenty of employees on the job sites to get the work done.
The hardest part of the job was learning to weld.
The most enjoyable part was out doing the men on welding production jobs and proving them wrong when they said I couldn't do it because it was a mans line of work.
Productive and fun work inviorment
Assembly Line Production Worker (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INDecember 8, 2014
Pros: are breaks are a decent amount of time, vinding mechines have decent snacks.
Cons: its cold in the wearhouse, we dont have a caffiteria.
First we start off with the attendance sheets, my supervisor makes sure everyone is at work. Then we go to our lines and wait for our line lead to give us instructions on what we are doing today and how to handle our product. I've learned a lot by working with General Mills, I've learned that working as a team gets the job done faster and easier, Speed is also one of the many techniques I've learned, in order too get the job done on time you must work with speed and pay attention at all times to what you are doing. The hardest part of the job for me would be lifting heavy objects such as pallets, heavy product, or boxes. Sometimes I need help lifting other times I can do it myself. The most enjoyable part would have too be working as a team and getting to know your team, I work in various lines so meeting all the people I work with and learning different ways too handle product is interesting too me.
It a good working environment.
Package (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 8, 2014
Get to learn on you on. How to do the job. What I learn is not to get mad do the best of my ability. My co-worker is down to earth. They fun to be around. The hardest part of this job is to keep up with the line.
Was a good place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Methuen, MADecember 5, 2014
Pros: every few months we would have management making omelets, or lobsters and cookouts
Cons: never knowing what the day would bring!!!
I liked working at GM, was fast paced and sometimes slow. Enjoyed working with the people. Got to know all the bosses. Learning the fillers was challenging but I did it. My co-workes were very helpful
Company always looking for opportunities to improve.
Cereal Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), West Chicago, ILNovember 24, 2014
The company is always changing and looking for opportunities to improve.
productive and good place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Joplin, MONovember 20, 2014
nice people and good place to work, learn how they make the bread for different companies
Used to be a good place to work
Sr. Scientist II (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNNovember 19, 2014
Pros: some benefits
Cons: tense place to work
Used to be a good place to work. Tough place now. Lots of tension everyday. A mix of good manager with really bad ones.
If business goes bad (kind of common these days), prepare for lay-off's. Tough to advance, very competitive. Some good colleagues.
Great clime work
Filler and Blender product (Former Employee), Providence, RINovember 18, 2014
Pros: excelente room for lunch
Cons: short breaks
from Monday to Friday, good relationship with the management and co-workers. great consideration and strong time working lift up 50 lbs every day.

About General Mills

Our Brands. Your Legacy. Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, – Read more

General Mills Photos