Millwright (Current Employee) – Winnipeg, MB – 28 August 2017
Read the fine print: "AS OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED". If your expecting to repair/ diagnose problems, maybe 25% of your work, the remaining 75% is filling in for operations lack of staff or skill. Tools, uniforms (if you want them) are provided. Being a GMP plant there are regulations to follow. Clean the tools, the tool boxes etc. Inspections done in lockers, your tool boxes to insure these regulations are being followed. 12 hr. work days, weekdays and weekends. Within the same week expect a night shift and be asked to also work a day shift, or reversed. The pay is slightly below average, but every year drops lower as the annual increase is low. The benifits are on par with any other plant so there fair. The work environment is cold, wet but relatively clean. Coverage is1 electrician and 2 millwrights.
Line operator (Current Employee) – Winnipeg, MB – 9 May 2017
Fellow employees never smile, everyone uptight from management. Forced OT day or night, weekends etc. Very little training, but yet expect knowledge. Good if you like safety but other then that not a enjoyable work place.
Line Operator / Dough Technician (Former Employee) – Winnipeg, MB – 3 April 2017
I was at General Mills for almost a year and it was actually quite fun, if you exclude the coldness of the factory and repetitive bending. I would definitely recommend this job to someone who can handle a challenge.
Lead Hand, Process Control Tech, Class (Former Employee) – Midland, ON – 3 February 2017
Now closed Gffhiihuuyyreqeruo Qrttuiopkgcbb the same time some of the team funds as well as both 5th grade and a half hour or more than happy to help you out 7pm the same as a parent 22 9pm to 5 the same time as you know that I have been in and out yhdfj98 to the movies with a client of mine who is the other 8
Not stable work load, production planning can be changing a lot in short time notice, many times per a month or even per a week. Stressful and demanding work environment. Low profession mid range management stressing the system and people. There use to be a slow production demand, and a hi volume demand production periods, which leave almost no time for life out work. Forced overtime, and long shifts(12 hours).
Good benefits and RRSP contribution for every one who wants
Forced overtime, long hours, cold/noisy work environment
Packaging Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) – Etobicoke, ON – 25 August 2016
The production and time schedule was working well with everyone in the plant, but somehow, due to some misery reason, the plant closed down while total production was in the highest in the corporation.
A bright future was opened ahead for every employees.
Light assembly worker/machine operator (Former Employee) – Midland, ON – 6 June 2016
Factory is closing. Learned several machines. Great co-workers. Some positions had very heavy lifting. We had one 15 minute break in the morning, a 35 minute lunch, and a 15 minute break in the afternoon.
Forced overtime hours, flexible, fast changing work environment. Food plant with all cons and pros. Lots of change overs, cleaning(sanitation), stressful work load and fast changing work environment. Lots of overtime hours, extra days, and forced work on weekends. Good benefits, and deduction for RRSP.
Packaging Machine Operator (Current Employee) – Midland, ON – 20 April 2016
Fast paced work environment and very conscious about food quality and good manufacturing standards. Great company to work for unfortunately U.S. based company and they are closing this plant in Midland. Most of the employees are 20+ years
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) – Winnipeg, Canada – 30 January 2016
I was honored to work with this Fortune 100 company as the sole HR Professional in the Winnipeg Plant. Over the 7 years I was there we changed from a culture where involvement was rare, turnover was more than 20% to a culture where engagement was prevalent and turnover was less than 1%. I was proud to be a part of the team that won Employer of the Year for our Employee Relations and Training Programs.
Excellent company; strong support; excellent compensation and benefits