General Mills

General Mills Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Beautifull Culture
Global Business Manager (Current Employee), MississaugaJune 25, 2014
Empowering employees to do more
great management
Work life balance
Employees matter
fun workpalce
Position: Machine Operator (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 24, 2014
I liked my job and I was a great worker and now just wanted to change my job and my career
great inviroment
Shift Analyst (Former Employee), Trenton, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: great workplace
Cons: us based moved division back to usa
chances for advancement, learning in the workplace, continue training, diverse culture
I enjoyed the daily different tasks i had to encounter.
Multi-Pack Operator (Former Employee), Carson, CAJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits.
Cons: to many days of work before a day off.
I enjoyed my job duties. I learned to be open to new ideas. Management always emphasized on safety. My co workers where very special. My job wasn't hard at all. I enjoyed producing a food for consumers and knowing at the end of the day it was enjoyable.
Laid off frequently, management always talking about the place closing
Machine Operator/Labourer (Former Employee), Midland, ONOctober 6, 2012
Pros: pay is good when you actually work
Cons: always laid off. expected to be waiting by the phone in case they call
I had a supervisor break a piece off one of my machines and then write me up and supend me for three days. When I made a harassment claim through the union the company agreed to pay me for the three days I was suspended... And take thR suspension off my record.

October 23, 2012

Haa they will never change.....NEVER!

Productive fun workplace
Food Mixer (Former Employee), Midland, ONSeptember 30, 2012
A typical day at work would include alot of weighing and dumping.
I learned alot about food with allergens.
Mangement were part of our team to help produce great products.
Team work enviroment. Very helpful.
Hardest part of job was alot of heavy lifting.
Most enjoyable i'd say was punch out time.
Great Company
Territory Manager, Field Customer Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 24, 2014
Great company to work for. This is a great organization that will allow you to move up and around the company based upon mobility. Management is open and they care about you and your family. I would recommend this company to anyone fresh out of college.
Favorite job ever
Production Worker/Assembler (Former Employee), New Albany, INDecember 17, 2014
Pros: great pay and people
Cons: i want to be hired full time.
Great place to work, Good pay and great employees. Human resources and management are friendly. Free monthly giveaways of a product we made. I was hired for a seasonal position so it makes it hard to leave a company you enjoyed working for. Keeping my fingers crossed for a future full time position.
great place to work
Production operator (Current Employee), Carson, CADecember 14, 2014
Family oriented work enviroment,very important to be a team player,keep employee inform quartley on company success ,good management practice.
General Mills
Forklift Driver/ Loader (Current Employee), Social Circle, GADecember 13, 2014
A good place to work and have a overtime pay.......................................................................
Lavergne Steel
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNDecember 10, 2014
Pros: nice respectful work place
Cons: when work got slow and hours got cut.
Some days I would do production welding jobs. Some days I would sandblast all day. I would also make deliveries for the company. Some days I would work in the office doing payroll, filling and answering phones. Some days I would supervise over the employees when the owners were out of town. I had to make sure their were plenty of employees on the job – more... sites to get the work done.
The hardest part of the job was learning to weld.
The most enjoyable part was out doing the men on welding production jobs and proving them wrong when they said I couldn't do it because it was a mans line of work. – less
Productive and fun work inviorment
Assembly Line Production Worker (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INDecember 8, 2014
Pros: are breaks are a decent amount of time, vinding mechines have decent snacks.
Cons: its cold in the wearhouse, we dont have a caffiteria.
First we start off with the attendance sheets, my supervisor makes sure everyone is at work. Then we go to our lines and wait for our line lead to give us instructions on what we are doing today and how to handle our product. I've learned a lot by working with General Mills, I've learned that working as a team gets the job done faster and easier, Speed – more... is also one of the many techniques I've learned, in order too get the job done on time you must work with speed and pay attention at all times to what you are doing. The hardest part of the job for me would be lifting heavy objects such as pallets, heavy product, or boxes. Sometimes I need help lifting other times I can do it myself. The most enjoyable part would have too be working as a team and getting to know your team, I work in various lines so meeting all the people I work with and learning different ways too handle product is interesting too me. – less
It a good working environment.
Package (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 8, 2014
Get to learn on you on. How to do the job. What I learn is not to get mad do the best of my ability. My co-worker is down to earth. They fun to be around. The hardest part of this job is to keep up with the line.
Was a good place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Methuen, MADecember 5, 2014
Pros: every few months we would have management making omelets, or lobsters and cookouts
Cons: never knowing what the day would bring!!!
I liked working at GM, was fast paced and sometimes slow. Enjoyed working with the people. Got to know all the bosses. Learning the fillers was challenging but I did it. My co-workes were very helpful
Company always looking for opportunities to improve.
Cereal Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), West Chicago, ILNovember 24, 2014
The company is always changing and looking for opportunities to improve.
productive and good place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Joplin, MONovember 20, 2014
nice people and good place to work, learn how they make the bread for different companies
Used to be a good place to work
Sr. Scientist II (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNNovember 19, 2014
Pros: some benefits
Cons: tense place to work
Used to be a good place to work. Tough place now. Lots of tension everyday. A mix of good manager with really bad ones.
If business goes bad (kind of common these days), prepare for lay-off's. Tough to advance, very competitive. Some good colleagues.
Great clime work
Filler and Blender product (Former Employee), Providence, RINovember 18, 2014
Pros: excelente room for lunch
Cons: short breaks
from Monday to Friday, good relationship with the management and co-workers. great consideration and strong time working lift up 50 lbs every day.
Left hand does not know what right hand is doing.
Processing Technician (Former Employee), Lodi, CANovember 18, 2014
Left hand does not know what right hand is doing. The compensation and benefits we're good but not worth the micro-management.
Typical Day
Floor Hand (Former Employee), Fort WayneNovember 17, 2014
Involved organization of shipment pallets to various store chains in the US

1 2 3 4 5

About General Mills

Our Brands. Your Legacy. Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, – Read more

General Mills Photos