General Mills Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Company
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, CanadaJanuary 30, 2016
I was honored to work with this Fortune 100 company as the sole HR Professional in the Winnipeg Plant. Over the 7 years I was there we changed from a culture where involvement was rare, turnover was more than 20% to a culture where engagement was prevalent and turnover was less than 1%. I was proud to be a part of the team that won Employer of the Year for our Employee Relations and Training Programs.
Pros
Excellent company; strong support; excellent compensation and benefits
Cons
Cross-border moves were difficult
Very nice Culture
Deskside Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Really amazing place to work,

I mainly support the local employees with their computer issues and setting up new laptops and images for new hires.

Create processes for new setups like O365.

Currently the only DeskSide Support Analyst that is familiar with a MAC environment.

Lots of great experience.

Company Perks: Golf day for employees
Night out parties.
Company store to buy their own products.

Co-Workers are very friendly and easy to work with.

Hardest part is when leaving in the evening to go home.

Most enjoyable is being at work.
Pros
Company Store
Cons
No room for growth in current position
Fun workplace with alot of career opportunities
Bilingual CSO operations specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2015
Fun workplace, very people oriented. Even though you have a job title you will not be doing the same tasks everyday. Management is very friendly and always rewards their employees with bonuses, free lunches and summer schedules!

Great atmosphere, people make you fit in if your new. I was on a contract job there.
Pros
Summer schedule
Fun but productive
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 17, 2015
Great work culture and management

Targets and goals realistic and achievable

Great products and innovation teams

Benefits are very good
Most mismanaged company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ReginaJanuary 15, 2015
From upper management to account team
No organization and aggressive managers. Completely dysfunctional with direction. No chance for advancement or growth. No monatary support for home office or cell phone for customers to reach you. Rescheduled holidays many times do to work demands. Unrealistic expectation with territory travel.
Passion working as a team to provide solutions and add values
QRO Director of International COE (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 19, 2014
Love to work with team or work with external partners to provide technical or regulatory solutions to company challenges or problems.
An amazing comany to work for.
Systems Training and Development Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntSeptember 8, 2014
General Mills is a great company to for. The culture is one of the best. The people are warm and friendly, always willing to help and support when needed. Every aspect of my job was truly a pleasure.
Pros
summer hours
Cons
there are no cons
Very demanding, long hours. Very difficult to advance within.
Financial Administrator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 16, 2013
Very demanding, long hours. Very difficult to advance within. Worked a few stat holidays.
Temp agency, found different job
Sanitation worker (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONOctober 2, 2012
General Mills was a good company to work for and they offered competitive wages and benefits. I enjoyed the people I worked with, very relaxed environment.
I have a lot of experience in the manufacturing trade. I have a good relationship with my fellow employees and always willing to learn and help others
Depositing Control Production/Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 14, 2012
My typical day at work i started 5:30 pm and proceed to computer system,check the temperature of the filling every 30 minutes and prior to perform a metal detector check and document the time of the rejection pop and initial blow-off column.After production done i do sanitation.
I learned to much how very important the production quality, safety for all employees and products, 100% no downtime.
The only thing i love the management there are after the quality of the product and safety of the people which is there number one priority.
I find my co-worker very hard worker and friendly.
The hardest part of my job is working 12 hrs shift especially i have a 2 years old child but i survive.
The most enjoyable part of my job i learned to much and i like what i am doing as depositing quality/ sanitation especially my all co-worker are friendly.
Pros
100% no accident employee, free lunch
Cons
12 hrs
Great Place to Work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 22, 2012
Great office space, including a free onsite gym.

Great benefits and perks.

Amazing people, culture of acceptance and support.

Many opportunities for advancement, including cross-functional opportunities, as well as international options.
Environnement stimulant
Représentant des ventes (Former Employee) –  rive nord MontréalOctober 6, 2014
J'établie de bonnes relations avec mes clients et cela me permet de développer de bonnes affaires avec eux. De grandes aptitudes de ventes, de négociation me permettent de dépasser mes objectifs et d'atteindre d'excellents résultats.

4.2