General Dynamics
1,009 reviews

General Dynamics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I would work here again, given the oportunity
Advanced Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Crawfordville, FLOctober 8, 2014
Hard work was well rewarded
Long hard hours
I learned alot about quality systems
conflicting union issues
CNC operator (Former Employee), Saco, MEOctober 5, 2014
goverment/private sector pitting union members against each other making for difficult work enviroment
Always changin
Workforce management specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix AZOctober 5, 2014
General Dynamics has a lot of different divisions. Each one works different.
Productive fun work place
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLOctober 3, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment, safe work environment
Cons: temporary positions
Play Ping Pong during lunch breaks
friendly co-workers
helpful management
Excellent company to work for
Senior MST-Hardware Analyst (Former Employee), Suffolk, VAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: excellent management
Cons: contract was not renewed
This company looked out for their employees. They were very forthcoming with the information. The only down side was that they lost the contract I was on and I had to look for other employment
Productive and take incoming calls all day.
CSR (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSOctober 2, 2014
Taking inbound calls about health insurance and Medicaid.
Network Administrator
Help desk calls (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZSeptember 28, 2014
Setup Windows servers. Upgraded clients from Win9x to XP. Connected the clients to resources they needed. Resolved any issues with servers and clients.
I LOVED IT
Field Repair Team Leader (Former Employee), Ft. Lewis, WasingtonSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: found employment right away
General Dynamics is a fun and educational place to work. I learned how to work well with others. I enjoyed the travel opportunities. Beneifits are very good compared to other companies. The hardest part is the time spent away from family but it is all worth it in the end.

I would love to return to this company or one like it.
Learning but Rewarding Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lawrence, KSSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: understanding supervisors, incentives with earned time off
Cons: short breaks, drive
Answering calls about insurance plans to customers. I learned how to be more empathetic to ones needs and put myself in their shoes to realize it could be me in less than 30 years or sooner. I loved how my co workers and supervisors treated me because they worked as a family and was really understanding with situations. The hardest part of the job was – more... the drive from Topeka to Lawrence an with the weather its kind of hard with me previously being in a car accident. – less
Did not enjoy working at General Dynamics
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Waco, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: occasional free pizza for lunch
Cons: short breaks and lunches, to many rules
This is not a good company to work for. The only thing to enjoy is the pay. The supervisor are unhelpful. Upper management is unbearable. The only thing that they know how to do it lie and threaten their workers.
Productive and Enjoyable Job
SENIOR ENGINEERING PROCESSES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Aberdeen Proving GroundsSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: strong team work ethic.
Cons: none.
This was one of the best companies that I ever worked for. My co-workers and myself worked as a team. We worked hard to provide the best vehicle that we could possibly build. Yes there were times of tension when things weren't going as planned; however, we all put our heads together to see the job through with superior results. The most enjoyable part – more... of my job was working with people who cared about the product that we put out. There was pride in what we achieved. Knowing that you can work with a strong team makes the work and job enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was losing my job. That had nothing to do with the company, it was just Government cut backs. – less
Contracting at GDLS
Contract Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Ladson, SCSeptember 23, 2014
With the company relocating the development programs at Ladson, SC to Sterling Heights MI, the remaining staff and repositioned GD staff were very supportive. My knowledge of product design and of PTC Creo 2 supported the need to finalize designs and to support the need to generate documentation. The reward to have senior management recognize my efforts – more... and to assign difficult tasks which were time constrained showed my talent and versatility. My involvement lead to the redesign of the support structure for the control systems which managed a key new product feature and to design and integrate the interior armor protective shell.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. – less
Helping people to understand and choice healthcare
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London, KYSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: free healthcare for myself and my co-workers
Cons: sometimes having to tell people the cost of their healthcare
I normally worked a 8 hr shift and I would receive calls from people all over the USA that was interesting in learning about the Affordable Care Act and then I would do an application for them and help them enroll into a healthcare plan.
Best Employer Ever
Engineering Publications Editor - Sr (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 21, 2014
If you have the opportunity to work for General Dynamics jump on it.
They were the best employer that I've ever worked for.
Great when I was there
Team Lead (Former Employee), GermanySeptember 19, 2014
No complaints, I hade a great team to work with every step of the way.
Excellent facility
Lead Technician (Former Employee), Fort Belvoir, VASeptember 19, 2014
They had every part in stock. Mae work very easy and much

less stressful. I liked all the people there
Admin assistant for the NET dept.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Lewis, Wa.September 17, 2014
Pros: steady employment
I love my teams. I strive to follow through with tasks to ensure that my teams are paid properly and in a timely manner. The ease of the position and team members makes this an enjoyable job.
Really enjoyed my job
Construction Supervisor (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYSeptember 17, 2014
A typical day was driving long distances to troubleshoot and repair equipment relating to cellular structures. I learned a lot about cellular structures. I learned tons from management. Learning and expanding my knowledge was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Only a Stepping Stone
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Alexandria, VASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: location in kingstown shopping center
Cons: short breaks, no benefits, time attenedence
This company should be used as a stepping stone in your career. It is most definatly not a place where you want to spend more than a year of your time. Schedule changes are promised and never rewarded. Management is very very unorganized and fickle.
the manager in our group, simply put there was none
ET3 (electrical technician third class) (Former Employee), Tobyhanna, PASeptember 16, 2014
They was good when I move move to satellite communications away from the management of that department everything was good.
I worked on satellite communication and I was happy.

About General Dynamics

Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of – Read more

General Dynamics Photos