General Dynamics

General Dynamics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Helping people to understand and choice healthcare
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London, KYSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: free healthcare for myself and my co-workers
Cons: sometimes having to tell people the cost of their healthcare
I normally worked a 8 hr shift and I would receive calls from people all over the USA that was interesting in learning about the Affordable Care Act and then I would do an application for them and help them enroll into a healthcare plan.
Best Employer Ever
Engineering Publications Editor - Sr (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 21, 2014
If you have the opportunity to work for General Dynamics jump on it.
They were the best employer that I've ever worked for.
Great when I was there
Team Lead (Former Employee), GermanySeptember 19, 2014
No complaints, I hade a great team to work with every step of the way.
Excellent facility
Lead Technician (Former Employee), Fort Belvoir, VASeptember 19, 2014
They had every part in stock. Mae work very easy and much

less stressful. I liked all the people there
Admin assistant for the NET dept.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Lewis, Wa.September 17, 2014
Pros: steady employment
I love my teams. I strive to follow through with tasks to ensure that my teams are paid properly and in a timely manner. The ease of the position and team members makes this an enjoyable job.
Really enjoyed my job
Construction Supervisor (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYSeptember 17, 2014
A typical day was driving long distances to troubleshoot and repair equipment relating to cellular structures. I learned a lot about cellular structures. I learned tons from management. Learning and expanding my knowledge was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Only a Stepping Stone
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Alexandria, VASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: location in kingstown shopping center
Cons: short breaks, no benefits, time attenedence
This company should be used as a stepping stone in your career. It is most definatly not a place where you want to spend more than a year of your time. Schedule changes are promised and never rewarded. Management is very very unorganized and fickle.
the manager in our group, simply put there was none
ET3 (electrical technician third class) (Former Employee), Tobyhanna, PASeptember 16, 2014
They was good when I move move to satellite communications away from the management of that department everything was good.
I worked on satellite communication and I was happy.
Unprofessional Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great bureau to work for cfpb.
Cons: unprofessional management and higher ups. nepotism, discrimination
Unprofessional. Favoritism. Discrimination.

Doing the work itself for the actual client is amazing. Helping consumers is my passion and I loved going to work to DO my job.

I did not like how I was treated by multiple higher ups. Very unprofessional. Lots of nepotism. That is what made it a hard place to work for continuously.
Call Center
CSR (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: short breaks
Good pay
Learned the Affordable Care Act
Market Place
Long Days
High school
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chester, VASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everthing else
management sucks, they have no type of management skills, worked with difficult beneficiaries about their medicare, To many snitches, everyone is trying get ahead, no rasies, other benefits are ok.
Hidebound. Draconian. Worthless "union".
Master Fabricator (Former Employee), Lincoln, NESeptember 12, 2014
Pros: some very, very good people. knowledgeable production, engineering, and management employees.
Cons: lowest pay in aerospace., union is not on the workers' side., no work/life balance., hourly employees treated like morons., hr management is an all-powerful fascist dictatorship, to the company's detriment.
Some very, very good people in Production, Engineering, and Management are taken advantage of on a continuous basis. Aging and unmaintained machines and facilities. Unfortunately, GD is not willing to reinvest capital in this division's operations. Most processes suffer from unassailable inertia since their development in the 1960's and 1970's. "We've – more... done it that way for thirty-two years!" should be the company motto.

Draconian and seemingly arbitrary micromanagement of every aspect of hourly employees' working lives, particularly from HR. Want to feel like a numbered, faceless (and disposable) serf or peon? Work here. Two (or more) sets of rules for employees underlines the second-class citizen status of hourly employees. You need not violate a policy, to be treated as though you have. Very political and unequal, with no consideration given to Employee Retention.

Union exists to benefit itself and the company, not the workers. The "Union" simply rubber stamps GD's every desire, and gives the company deniability: "Well, how bad could it be? They do have a union...". For all practical purposes, the union is a fiction. This union has won basically no concessions from GD. Working conditions, pay, and benefits inevitably suffer, and will remain sub-par. Frightening rate of employee turnover. – less
Informative and fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: overtime, retention bonus, paid holidays
Cons: temp position
Enjoyed working with this company. I was grateful to be able to work with the ACA. Never worked a call center before this taught me how to use a phone system and work off scripts. Gained knowledge on insurance plans and how they work. As well as talking to great people and being able to help them was a pleasure.
Informative and fun
Pros: overtime, retention bonus, paid holidays
Cons: temp position
great place to work
Electrical Specialist (Current Employee), Garland, TXSeptember 10, 2014
great place to work... there is always a challenge , something new to learn, I enjoy being an Electrical Specialist in the maintenance department
Productive and fun place to work.
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Cupertino, CASeptember 9, 2014
I was always kept busy and enjoyed that, however I was only there on a maternity leave contract, which the woman retuned from.
no comments
Costumer Service Rep (Former Employee), Sandy UtahSeptember 5, 2014
help consumer to enroll on affordale care act program
I learned about health insurances
no comments
I made really good friends
angry consumers
the schedule
Great professionals to work with. Physical environment not so great.
Human Performance Technologist (Contract) (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 5, 2014
Great professionals to work with. Physical environment not so great.
Solid company with good core values
Computer Technician/Senior Training Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Polk, LASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: the company promotes a good work load balance.
Cons: i find the companies overall benefits as being a little less competitive than other contractors.
My experience with General Dynamics has been very favorable in both the people they hire, the environment they create and the culture they foster.
Supervisor/ Internal Support Group (Former Employee), Corbin, KYSeptember 3, 2014
Learned the ins and outs of health care, Management was friendly. Most enjoyable part was supervising multiple csr's from multiple sites.

About General Dynamics

Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of – Read more

General Dynamics Photos