General Dynamics

• Salary/Benefits
me
Lead 1 (Former Employee), Hampton, ARJune 6, 2014
they laid me off

overall I liked the company. I just hated that I got laid off.
Nice Company
Senior Logistics Analyst (Former Employee), Kabul, AfghanistanJune 5, 2014
Believes in ensuring that you know the company standards and policies.
I love this place
Payroll Practitioner II (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: job advancement
Cons: parking
I have been here for 9 years and have worked with many great people.
Great Company to work for
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), London KyJune 3, 2014
It was a new company. At the beginning they company was very unorganized. The job became easy and more enjoyable. At time it could be stressful but got along with everyone
Once great
Deputy Program Manager, Risk Mgmt Process Lead (Current Employee), Sterling Heights, MIJune 3, 2014
This once great company was an incredible place to work for quality of life and capability to make a difference for our brave soldiers. To their vast credit, the workforce continues to perform and serve in an extraordinary manner.
A Fun Place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Sandy, UtahJune 2, 2014
It is very busy, I learned how to do Applications for Medical Coverage. Managment could have been better, was always switching supervisors, which made it confusing. I had very helpful co-workers. Staying on one call for alon period of time, and working through all the glitches of the system to be able to do my job right. Is helping people better their – more... life in some way and being able to do have the knowledge to help. – less
Flex Time and great co-workers
Configuration/Data Management Analyst (Current Employee), Sterling Heights, MIJune 2, 2014
Pros: great experience offered in areas of management, technical applications
Cons: lay offs due to cut in military spending
General Dynamics offered a great flex time for employees, allowing make-up time and overtime to compensate for missed time. Training was always offered to learn new functions. Safe place to work as well as great benefits.
GDIT
Ryan Center System Administrator (Current Employee), Langley AFB, VAJune 2, 2014
Pros: good company
General Dynamics is a market leader in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons systems and munitions; shipbuilding and marine systems; and mission-critical information systems and technology.

The company was formed in 1952 through the combination of the Electric Boat Company, Consolidated Vultee (CONVAIR) and several others.

The company grew organically – more... and through acquisitions until the early 1990s, when we sold many of our defense-related businesses. Starting in the mid-1990s, we began expanding by acquiring combat vehicle-related businesses, additional shipyards, information-technology product and service companies and Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation.

Since then we have acquired and integrated more than 60 businesses, including six in 2011. Our revenue has grown from $4 billion to approximately $32 billion in that time and our workforce has increased from 29,000 to approximately 95,000 employees today.

Learn more about our capabilities.

Our Organization
The company is organized into four business groups: Aerospace, Combat Systems, Information Systems and Technology and Marine Systems. Each business group is a leader in the markets it serves, as a result of the careful development of a portfolio of relevant, affordable products and services. Each group comprises several business units. To learn more about each business group and its business units, – less
Defense contractor with customers around the globe
Manager, Quality (Current Employee), Ladson, SCJune 1, 2014
A typical day at work begins with a verification of labor charging of direct charge personnel from the previous day, meetings spread throughout the day, and constant communication of problems and solutions via phone call, text, and email. The biggest challenge of the job is clarification by the contracting customer of their expectations, and ensuring – more... these desires are properly incorporated into contractual documents. – less
Great people to work with and very thorough training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sandy, UTMay 31, 2014
Pros: monday through friday
Cons: mandatory sundays
Answer phone calls, learn more about different health insurance, I enjoyed helping consumers enroll into health care, hard part of the job is dealing with irrate consumers one call after another through out the day.
Great people, enjoyed my job
Data Entry, Phones, Customer Svc., Problem Solver (Former Employee), Panama City, FLMay 31, 2014
Call center usually back to back calls some long some short some you needed a translator not leaving the desk for hours sometimes.
Some people called and already hated what you were doing and others were greatful, but always the customer hangs up happy that is what you do.
Management and co-workers were all good to work with, on slow days we had to – more... stay quite for those who were on the phone or chat, some played hangman or tic tac toe not to often on days we know we were going to be extremely busy we would bring in extra food so if you could slip away you could grab a bowl of chili or chicken and rice, so on. – less
Awesome
Sr. Training Specialist/ Team Lead (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZMay 31, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: little to none.
Great place to work. The only downside, was management was not always on site. But when they were, they were always around to answer questions.
Busy and fast paced Job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 30, 2014
Pros: great experience.
Had the opportunity to take part of a historical moment of the Affordable Care Act as it was being implemented. My team were the first to deal with the initial enrollment of the Health Insurance Marketplace. I was also trained in Medicare.
Fellow employees were friendly
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lynn Haven, FLMay 30, 2014
Cons: temperay job
We would have to log into the phones and computer. The wait for a call to come in the answer the phones per scrips. My suppervisor was a easy person to work for but there were others that were not that nice.

The hardest part of the job was feeling like I did not get enough hands on training as in talking calls and differnt things that may come up in – more... each call.

I enjoyed helping the caller to inroll into a health plan. – less
Very driven, very fast pace, rapidly changing environment
Sr. Construction Manager (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORMay 30, 2014
Pros: strong company
Cons: not very family friendly
General Dynamics is a strong company with a very diverse background.
Leadership is good but during the middle of a project, you will not have much of a social life.
The group I work with is a very knowledgeable group. Some of the best in the industry.

Once a project is done, you're done unless you can find something to transfer to.

All in all, I could – more... work here for the next 20 years and never regret it. – less
A day at General Dynamics
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Riverview, FLMay 30, 2014
A typical day at work is, being at work on time and keeping up with your timed breaks and lunches. Answer phone calls back to back and provide basic helpful information that is already scripted for us to say while always being courteous and polite. The Hardest part of the job is keeping your phone calls under 7 minutes. Providing great customer service – more... and resolving issues sometimes takes a little more than 7 minutes. The most enjoyable part of the job is, knowing that you have helped someone with their worries or problems. – less
long hours, no advancemet
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), houston txMay 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch every thrid thursday of the month
Cons: short breaks, madtory work days on weekend
do your job stay, show up , and stay on the phone for healthcare.gov
N/A
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Chester, VAMay 29, 2014
Not a good company to work for if your looking for long term employment. There is no guarantee you will be made permanent.
Great
Principal Educator (Current Employee), Sierra VistaMay 29, 2014
A great company to work with. I have been with them for ten years and i like to work for them.
Typical large defense contractror
Anonymous (Former Employee), N/AMay 29, 2014
A good company to work for with decent benefits, but they pay very close attention to their profit margin re: FTEs on contracts and rarely seem to bleed into that margin for the sake of retaining high-quality talent.

About General Dynamics

Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of – Read more

General Dynamics Photos