General Dynamics

General Dynamics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Learning Experience
Mechanic 1 (Former Employee), Ft. Hood, TXJune 20, 2014
Pros: learning a new system
Cons: communication from management, complicated evaluation process
This position was both fun and challenging, it was my first time in a very long time, learning a completely new vehicle, and system. Management was similar to BAE, prior service, so communication suffered. My co workers were helpful in insisting me in my efforts to learn a new system. I enjoyed this job most for the learning experience.
okay i guess
customer service rep (Former Employee), riverview flJune 20, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: no job security
Well this place is not a place to work if you want job stability they have a high turn over rate.
Work was fair but management 2 thumbs down
DATA ANALYST (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAJune 20, 2014
The company provided good work experience although the management could have been better. Some of the management needs to be more respectful to their employees and work on their team building skills.
Productive fun work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJune 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: overtime
Very fast pace. excellent training and information updates.
Very intense job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chester, VAJune 18, 2014
Great hrs with overtime being available. I learned a lot about medicare and Medicaid.
AManufactured devices that support communication, computers, and battlefield control
Continuous Improvement Leader (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 18, 2014
Very complex business. Provided equipment for UG Govt. agencies to their tight specs.
Nice place to work.
Business Development & Marketing Associate (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJune 18, 2014
Pros: 9/80 off fridays, flexible hours
Flexible scheduling if program allows it.
9/80 Off fridays
not that bad
Full Journey Man (Former Employee), national city californiaJune 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch in rair acasions
Cons: tuff invirments
hard work rain or shine
work in tight confined space
some managers are good others tuff
co workers are great some where lazy
Great Job to Learn
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Corbin, KYJune 17, 2014
Trainers are exited to train you and supply you with the information needed for the job and more. Complete at least one hour of training a week.
GDIT
General Medicare Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSJune 17, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: stressful, and hard on your body.
A typical day at work would be answering phones and helping out beneficiaries young or old about their medicare. A lot of the time the issue(s) can be solved right away, but if not you then direct them to a tier II CSR. The environment was great and bad. Just like every job you're going to have your good days and your bad days. Almost everyone was friendly, – more... and more than willing to give a helping hand. The hardest part about the job was having bene's curse you out because you unfortunately cannot help them due to whatever it may be. The best part about the job was "saving" peoples lives, and hearing people thank you for your hard work. – less
Forward Moving Company with Room for advancement
Designer (Former Employee), Groton, CTJune 16, 2014
Pros: good benefits, great pay
Cons: too many employees, management did not know much about managing.
Electric Boat is a union company. The union tries to take good care of its members. They provide great pay rates and decent raises, but once you get to the top there is no where else to go. I know people who have been stuck in the same place for 20 years. The management could stand to be a little better in the way they handle employees, but overall – more... a good company to work for.

The work is a little unsteady. One day you could be working at full speed on something very important, but then you could be sitting there for weeks with nothing to do.

The hardest part of the job was the age gaps in employees. It was either people who have been there for 30 years or so, or there were young people/new hires. There was not very many people that were middle aged.

The best part of the job was the people you met there, There was so many people in company that you met new people every day. – less
fast paced fun enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), london, kyJune 14, 2014
loved my coworkers
managament was ok
hosting and seating guests along with taking to-go orders
Does not care about employees
Supervisor (Current Employee), Coralville, IAJune 13, 2014
Pros: coworkers are great people
Cons: poor benefits, poor pay, bad hours, poor management
This company does not care at all about the employees. Even if you do exactly as you are supposed to they will get rid of you. Management does not care and only cares about the company and their salary. The only good thing is the coworkers but they keep getting walked out on a daily basis. Do NOT work there unless you have no other options.
Customer Service
Web chat/ Customer service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2014
Assisting beneficiaries with their Medicare inquires.

Having Overnight shifts was really conveinent for lots of people including myself.

Great enjoyment working with my co-workers.
Enjoyed the type of work I was doing.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 12, 2014
I learned a lot of electrical and electronics while working with General Dynamics.
The people made the difference
Sr. Engineer (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIJune 12, 2014
Pros: i got to crawl around military vehicles.......and save soldiers lives.
Cons: management are mostly ladder-climbing, egotistical morons who felt entitled to a lot.
I was lucky....I had a great section manager, and department manager. Beyond that I only saw knuckleheads who were "yes" men that felt they deserved, deserved, deserved. Sprinkled within that mix were some who tried to make a difference. If they rocked to boat too much, they were targeted for layoff. The 9/80 workweek is nice, but when they froze pensions – more... it basically said, "we won't get the best talent; we just need for them to rely on their patriotism" to accept a job here. With the cuts, thanks to Washington, the lack of program contracts has sent shivers through most. They now look over their shoulder to watch their back. The people "in the trenches" were the best. Made some great friends. Company, as of 6/12/14 is still too top heavy. They keep cutting the workers and keeping the people who plan projects, who manage (not lead...big difference), and who charge indirect (aka overhead). Funny, they got rid of people who, (1) know the product, (2) actually EARN their keep, and (3) care about the product, which is more than a paycheck, its protecting the soldiers who protect......US. – less
Oppressive place to work
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIJune 12, 2014
Pros: nice building
Cons: hostile management, political intrigue
General Dynamics is a terrible place to work. Management is far more concerned about political intrigue and oppressing their workers than they are about doing work. As a defense firm, you'd think that GDLS would promote veterans. The opposite is the case. Veterans are treated badly by management.
Productive Diverse work place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 11, 2014
Very busy work day. Learned many things about the healthcare field. Arrive a couple minutes early to the site to log in on time. 2 15 minute breaks along with a 30 min lunch. be ready to be on the phone all day helping consumers and making sure their questions are answered appropriately.
Great I learned a lot with General Dynamics.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Suffolk, VAJune 11, 2014
Pros: health care was great
Cons: being laid off
Overall rating 5 stars I worked with them for 12 years and enjoyed it. A typical day was working doing administrative work on a daily. My typical Friday doing timesheets, Travel, making sure perdium and figures is correct for sending to Accounting. Projects from other divisions such as scanning documents, making copies, formating documents, and helping – more... others with software issues so they can complete their tasks at hand. My boss was the best boss I have ever had. He observed his employees and new their personalities, I learned how to run an excerise, how to use different types of software and simulations as well.

The atmosphere with co-workers was very pleasant everyone got a long and had no problem helping each other with projects or other tasks. The hardest part of the job, there wasn't any as an Administrative. I enjoyed going to work everyday.

The Boss was fair and he managed his group of people very professional. – less
General Dynamics
Quality Specialist (Former Employee), London, KYJune 10, 2014
Wonderful place to work, the staff is great, and there is plenty of opportunity to advance.

About General Dynamics

Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of – Read more

General Dynamics Photos