General Dynamics

General Dynamics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent Company
Engineering Technician III (Former Employee), Atlantic Beach, FLAugust 19, 2014
Pros: daily interraction with personnel
Cons: limited funding for repairs and logistics
Great Opportunities to interact with Sailors and improve upon their abilities to repair and maintain their equipment, Each day was exciting and rewarding in that a skill was imparted upon a group or individual that allowed for improvement in operations and reduction in maintenance and repairs.
decent place to work
Bilingual Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSAugust 19, 2014
Pros: reliable, decent pay, good coworkers.
Cons: not flexible, no reward for working harder, no career advancement
very difficult to be promoted, a solid job for those who have strong attendance. They recognize attendance over quality of work. I did learn about the lending process with the Dept of Education. Left job because they were not flexible with scheduling and there were no opportunities for career advancement.
Productive workplace , helping elderly people
Cusomer Service Rep (Former Employee), chester, vaAugust 18, 2014
customer service rep, answering phone calls, helping elderly people with medicare
Long term friends
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Lombard, ILAugust 18, 2014
Everyone worked very well together and were willing to led a hand in any area. Company was like family.
Productive work enviornment
Service Desk Technician (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAAugust 16, 2014
I enjoy working with General Dynamics. I am a Tier One Technical Support Specialist and Help Desk Technician
Growth
Sr. Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 12, 2014
Pros: advancement
Enjoy working with people and military personnel. Friendly enviornment.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 12, 2014
Pros: excellent experience working to help others get insured.
Cons: temporary position
Work day was repetitious, good co-workers, easy and enjoyable job.
Good company to work for
FST/FSR New Equipment Trainer (Former Employee), MIAugust 11, 2014
Overall good company. Pay was great, overseas contract...Take care of their employee.
A collegiate atmosphere throughout the organization
Corporate Director of Government Relations (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: wonderful products, corporate structure, colleagues and pay
Cons: shipyard visits in the winter
General Dynamics prides its self in going after and obtaining seasoned talent, particularly from our military. Because many had a similar background, similar accomplishments and similar work ethics, it was much like working on a college campus. I learned how to be a corporate professional while at General Dynamics. It held to strict standards that was – more... part of your daily work life. Management provided a great learning atmosphere because they were seasoned, accomplished and willing to show you how to do it. They understood leadership - what it was and more importantly, what it wasn't. Co-workers were a talented bunch that you would take home to have dinner with your family. The hardest part of the job was the realization that if you did not do your job well, others who were doing a great job may be laid off due to the lack of Congressional funding. The most enjoyable part of the job was my colleagues and working with the Abrams Main Battle Tank and the Stryker Family of Vehicles. – less
a fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lynn Haven, FLAugust 8, 2014
I learned how to communicate with consumers when they were really upset. My co workers were great. Management was one of the best they were very helpful when we needed them. The hardest part of this job was trying not to give attitude to the consumer especially when you was giving them the right information but the consumer would not want to hear it.
Wonderful Place to Work
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee), Lynn Haven, FLAugust 8, 2014
Performed duties as a receptionist and a courier. Enjoyed the beauty of working downtown Washington, DC
Take good care of employees.
Field Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 7, 2014
Pros: promotions
Cons: almost none
Always provided a challenging environment. Pay raises were timely and usually based on performance. Also provided promotions opportunities.
Very good company when government has contracts available
Senior Robotics Technician (Former Employee), Westminster, MDAugust 7, 2014
Very collaborative atmosphere, short sighted executive management.
Should have diversified into commercial contracts, when Govt. contracts expired. Will suffer loss of subject matter experts for many years to come.
its onlya temporary job
Marine Machine Mechanic (Current Employee), norfolk,vaAugust 6, 2014
it doesn't give you any benefits.
no incentives
a lot of over time hours
no one on one customer contact was difficult for me
Telemarketing (Former Employee), Las Cruces NMAugust 5, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: on the phone the entire time
I truly enjoy one on one contact with customers, this position was confined to a cubicle and a phone, was not something I enjoyed
Large Company. Decent benefits. Average Salary. Good Managers.
Security Control Assessor (Current Employee), VirginiaAugust 4, 2014
The workforce was good. Large company but you still felt somewhat like family with your immediate management. Flexible hours when the Contract could support it. Management was good at providing a work-life balance approach.
Great work environment
Stryker NET Instructor (Current Employee), Irving,TXAugust 3, 2014
Great work environment with a diverse work location. Managers are very helpful with guiding their thought process though out to completion.
Excellent
AFJWICS Exchange/Directory System Administrator (Current Employee), Lackland AFB, TXAugust 1, 2014
GDIT is a great employer with good opportunties for its employees
great company
IT Manager (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: possible positions changes attributed to being a contractor
We were a close knit group in the section of GD that I was in. However, since departure, they have increased in numbers, because of acquisitions.
Very intense, highly stressful job working with a challenging website and extremely frustrated and often angry people from across the U.S
Customer Service (Former Employee), Sandy, UTJuly 31, 2014
Pros: i learned a lot of new skills. the people i worked with. the benefits.
Cons: flawed website, poor training, they had a reduction of force for 600 of us
My day started out with letting my team know it was time to go onto the phones for the day. We had constant training and and updates on the changes in procedures for the Healthcare.gov website and signing up for the Affordable Care Act. We were required to learn how all the agencies interacted with each other and how to effectively explain to customers – more... how insurance works. We were rated both individually and as a team for quality, adherence and attendance. I then did my best to assist customers and agents in navigating and completing the application on a website that was not working properly. Our training was 40 hrs. and then we were on the phones. I learned to use soft skills (personal peace of mind techniques) to assist a very diverse group of people from across the U.S. I also learned a great deal about all aspects of the health and dental insurance industries, including medicaid and medicare. My coworkers were also a very diverse and awesome group of people and we helped each other all day everyday. I got skilled at managing my time and effectively assisting people. I learned to be more flexible because in a six month period we changed supervisors, teams, desks and lockers five times. The most difficult part of the job was working with a website that wasn't working properly for people who didn't want to have to sign up in the first place. We all needed more training. Communicating with consumers the results of their applications when they were not what they wanted to hear or when we knew there was an error because of the website and there was nothing we could do about it. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I could assist customers from start to finish and actually help them get insurance. I enjoyed educating people on how insurance works so they could make choices that were beneficial to them. I truly enjoyed the camaraderie we developed on all five of the teams I was a part of. I received a $500.00 bonus for maintaining a 92% or better score on quality, adherence and attendance for a six week period until my effective lay-off date. – less

About General Dynamics

Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of – Read more

General Dynamics Photos