General Dynamics

General Dynamics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Job
Customer Service Represent (Current Employee), hattiesburg, msMarch 26, 2014
Pros: computer skill
Cons: lay off
It was a learning experience, the job is good and get the bills paid.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Panama City, FL.March 26, 2014
Pros: benefits plus pay increase.
Cons: two 15 minute breaks plus one 30 minute lunch.
I deal with different types of people everyday, so I always have to make sure I have a positive attitude as soon as I walk in the door.
I've learned about Health Insurance and how it works and also how to help consumers enroll in coverage.
The management team is excellent.
I get along with all of my co-workers, we help each other and keep each other – more... focused.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the disappointment from the consumer if their plan isn't how they expected.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting my consumers enrolled and taken care of. – less
Nice work place
CSR (Former Employee), Winchester, KYMarch 25, 2014
A day work, We are always busy so it make time go by faster, my co workers are great. Management is great, they help you when they can. My co Workers are also great, Enjoyable part of the job and getting to talk to people in other states and meeting new people. I learned how Insurance works and how to use a computer more than i already knew.
A call center for the Federal Goverment
Customer service representative/ Arc Department (Current Employee), Lynn Haven, FLMarch 25, 2014
Cons: is temp. never know when they are going to shut down.
General Dynamics is a call center for the new affordable care act aka Obama care due to the fact that it is a government contract can not disclose any further information.
Great coworker environment, Management needs much work
System Test and Integration Engineer (Former Employee), Scottsdale AZMarch 24, 2014
Pros: good exposure to diverse technology
Cons: no considation of family life, no merit raises for years, random termination of outstanding workers
Visited schedule and resources on a daily basis without a final decision. No idea of what each day would bring.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), London, KYMarch 24, 2014
Fast paced call center
Anwser calls, provide information
Management is envoleved with CSR's
Not a workplace with good communication
Tier 1 Service Rep (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: some overtime
Cons: short breaks, working during inclement weather
I learned alot working there but no one is on the same page.Some supervisors go buy different rules. You will work like crazy and the point system isn't lieniant to those who may have children or when the weather is bad they expect you to still show up.
Room for advancement
Customer Service Representative, Mentor, Trainer (Former Employee), Sandy, UTMarch 23, 2014
Pros: learning every aspect of the job and moving up
Cons: certain parts of the system not working which never allowed me to do my job.
When I first started there I was asked what my primary goal was and I stated to be a trainer.

My Typical day at work would be like any other call center to get on the phones. But my supervisor soon noticed that I was very knowledgeable about health care service and within a month made me his team lead. I learned how to do spreadsheets, help with getting – more... my co workers set up in the systems, scheduling, point policies and advised the new hires of how we operated. Then in time became a Peer Mentor where I assisted with 450 new hires. and at the last part of the job assisted in the training department with the help of another trainer.

Management was great, co workers were great. The hardest part of my job was that since it was a new program that I was working on the system would crash and I would be unable to assist with my customers and not being able to give an extension or a call back it was hard to do. The Most enjoyable part of the job was learning new stuff I became apart of the focus group that was set up in Jan 2014 to find out what upper management could do to make work a little less stressful. – less
productive
CSR (Current Employee), London, KYMarch 22, 2014
very good company to work for management is good and usually understanding
Productive and Fun Place of Work
CSR (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch. free snacks
Cons: healthcare, short breaks
My experience with General Dynamics was exciting, i love helping others so this job was right in my filed which made this perfect for me, i really enjoyed the job in all, it open up a lot of doors for me and it gave me the ability to grow with in the company, ability to express your self.
Good company
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Newton, NCMarch 21, 2014
Great benefits. Was able to advance in job roles. Gained more knowledge and responsibilities to further my career.
Technical issues always, and poor managment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Bellmead, TXMarch 20, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: temporary
Would only consider people to work there if they were a student or have no children. Good job if you don't want something permanent.
High pace providing Army with highest customer service
Supply Representative II (Former Employee), WAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: great incentives and benefits.
Cons: spent nearly 9mos a year away from home.
Daily I was working side by side with the government of the Stryker program as a liaison between them and the Army fielding military vehicles and the communication as well as basic issue items for the vehicles. I acted as the property book person transferring ownership of property from General Dynamics to the government (Army). I was a leader in our – more... department maintaining a multi-million dollar warehouse as assets came and left the facility. I constantly traveled to nearly every Army base CONUS and OCONUS where a Stryker Brigade, TRADOC, or test site may have been. I worked hand in hand and built strong relationships with my co-workers, government personnel and soldiers. I LOVED my job! But as a military spouse, we were stationed somewhere new after 14 years of stability in Washington state. It was a very sad day when I had to resign my position, for myself and my team. – less
Good Place to work for
Painter, Painters (Former Employee), Groton CTMarch 17, 2014
Pros: great pay, great benifits
Cons: lay-offs happen often
Great Place to work, only down fall is the job security.. the job is confidential. overall fun place to work
Professional environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2014
Pros: opportunity to move into other departments and overtime
Cons: short breaks
Excellent place to learn and grow, able to learn all aspects of the company as you apply yourself
not the best place
Fitter/Welder (Current Employee), Wortham, TXMarch 16, 2014
learned how to trial assemble completed job's, to insure everything was done correctly.
liked the work and fellow employes.
hardest part was waiting for material to come in 1 or 2 months PAST projected start date on most projects.
Very Productive and Great Learning Experience
Customer Service Representative/Tier (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 13, 2014
Answer personal calls and assist customers with the services needed.
A company with great leadership
Customer Service (Current Employee), Bogalusa, LaMarch 13, 2014
When you work for a company that has great management it makes your job worth it. Although we all have a common ending goal which is our paycheck, when we have a great team along with exceptional leadership no goal seams unattainable.
Productive yet relaxing work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lynn Haven, FLMarch 13, 2014
Pros: 15 minute breaks, benefits
Cons: tedious work environments
-A typical day of work consisted of accepting customer calls, creating customer applications, and following their appications through to enrollment in various Healthcare plans.

-Within this job a learned a great deal on how insurance works and is governed. (The balances between Deductibles and Premiums)

-Management within the building were not always – more... directly knowledgeable, however were tireless in getting the correct answer to any and all of my questions.

-In honesty, I am not focused on my co-workers as this job is fairly independent.

-The most difficult part of the job was not that it was difficult but that it was tedious when the site we used to process said applications would unexpectedly crash for no apparent reason causing the caller to wait as I started anew and refilled out their application.

-The most enjoyable part of the job was simply that I was changing the opinion of many people on what the Affordable Healthcare Act was affecting their lives and turning it into something they could be happy with. – less
Great Company with opportunity to excel
Senior Field Support Engineer (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: nothing
Day to day operations are always different because of our customers (US Army). We provide the best Field Support Engineering for the TGS. We have a great family and we all work together to accomplish the mission.

About General Dynamics

Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of – Read more

General Dynamics Photos