General Dynamics

General Dynamics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
the manager in our group, simply put there was none
ET3 (electrical technician third class) (Former Employee), Tobyhanna, PASeptember 16, 2014
They was good when I move move to satellite communications away from the management of that department everything was good.
I worked on satellite communication and I was happy.
Unprofessional Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great bureau to work for cfpb.
Cons: unprofessional management and higher ups. nepotism, discrimination
Unprofessional. Favoritism. Discrimination.

Doing the work itself for the actual client is amazing. Helping consumers is my passion and I loved going to work to DO my job.

I did not like how I was treated by multiple higher ups. Very unprofessional. Lots of nepotism. That is what made it a hard place to work for continuously.
Call Center
CSR (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: short breaks
Good pay
Learned the Affordable Care Act
Market Place
Long Days
High school
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chester, VASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everthing else
management sucks, they have no type of management skills, worked with difficult beneficiaries about their medicare, To many snitches, everyone is trying get ahead, no rasies, other benefits are ok.
Hidebound. Draconian. Worthless "union".
Master Fabricator (Former Employee), Lincoln, NESeptember 12, 2014
Pros: some very, very good people. knowledgeable production, engineering, and management employees.
Cons: lowest pay in aerospace., union is not on the workers' side., no work/life balance., hourly employees treated like morons., hr management is an all-powerful fascist dictatorship, to the company's detriment.
Some very, very good people in Production, Engineering, and Management are taken advantage of on a continuous basis. Aging and unmaintained machines and facilities. Unfortunately, GD is not willing to reinvest capital in this division's operations. Most processes suffer from unassailable inertia since their development in the 1960's and 1970's. "We've – more... done it that way for thirty-two years!" should be the company motto.

Draconian and seemingly arbitrary micromanagement of every aspect of hourly employees' working lives, particularly from HR. Want to feel like a numbered, faceless (and disposable) serf or peon? Work here. Two (or more) sets of rules for employees underlines the second-class citizen status of hourly employees. You need not violate a policy, to be treated as though you have. Very political and unequal, with no consideration given to Employee Retention.

Union exists to benefit itself and the company, not the workers. The "Union" simply rubber stamps GD's every desire, and gives the company deniability: "Well, how bad could it be? They do have a union...". For all practical purposes, the union is a fiction. This union has won basically no concessions from GD. Working conditions, pay, and benefits inevitably suffer, and will remain sub-par. Frightening rate of employee turnover. – less
Informative and fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: overtime, retention bonus, paid holidays
Cons: temp position
Enjoyed working with this company. I was grateful to be able to work with the ACA. Never worked a call center before this taught me how to use a phone system and work off scripts. Gained knowledge on insurance plans and how they work. As well as talking to great people and being able to help them was a pleasure.
Informative and fun
Pros: overtime, retention bonus, paid holidays
Cons: temp position
great place to work
Electrical Specialist (Current Employee), Garland, TXSeptember 10, 2014
great place to work... there is always a challenge , something new to learn, I enjoy being an Electrical Specialist in the maintenance department
Productive and fun place to work.
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Cupertino, CASeptember 9, 2014
I was always kept busy and enjoyed that, however I was only there on a maternity leave contract, which the woman retuned from.
no comments
Costumer Service Rep (Former Employee), Sandy UtahSeptember 5, 2014
help consumer to enroll on affordale care act program
I learned about health insurances
no comments
I made really good friends
angry consumers
the schedule
Great professionals to work with. Physical environment not so great.
Human Performance Technologist (Contract) (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 5, 2014
Great professionals to work with. Physical environment not so great.
Solid company with good core values
Computer Technician/Senior Training Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Polk, LASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: the company promotes a good work load balance.
Cons: i find the companies overall benefits as being a little less competitive than other contractors.
My experience with General Dynamics has been very favorable in both the people they hire, the environment they create and the culture they foster.
Supervisor/ Internal Support Group (Former Employee), Corbin, KYSeptember 3, 2014
Learned the ins and outs of health care, Management was friendly. Most enjoyable part was supervising multiple csr's from multiple sites.
Great pay and benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: several shift options
Cons: driving to lawrence from topeka
This was a great place to work. Full training provided. Onsite lunch vendors daily was a great help.
Nuclear Machinist
Nuclear Machinist (Former Employee), Groton, CTSeptember 2, 2014
As a machinist I have experience working on the shaft polpulsor system and assy. Thrust barring, inflatable boot Housing, vulcanizing the o-rings, reduction gears, rutter ram, heat exchangers, diesel exhaust valves, gate valves, ASW/MSW valves, HS valves, TW valves, CW valves, TGS, STGS, ROS, PLO, etc. VLS tube, LET/LOT hatches, CCL Hatches upper bridge – more... hatch, shutter door assy, torpedo assy, heat exchangers, main cooling pumps, UMMS in the sail, Sail planes, RBP and hydriocs, chinner ray assy, NRMD/DMD work on the Sea Wolf class Trident class submarines. Lots of work in the reactor room (need DOD clearance). I hold contractor clearance red badge. Worked in assy shop, Bob Reed of hatches, torpedo trays, ASW/MSW building all different kinds of valve building and refurbishing, too many to remember. Welding, mig tig, and stick, various mettles (SS, Nickel copper, HY 80-100, monel, cast iron, wire EDM machine; Q.A (Quality Assurance) Inspections. – less
lead disagree with the hiring manager
Senior Systems Engineering Specialist & Architect (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MISeptember 2, 2014
Pros: time was wasted; learned gav and tanks technolgy on my own
Cons: have never been utilized for my expertised areas; no privacy office
I was hired to utilize my expertise and experiences; but assigned to a lead to be frozen for all my skills
last ditch job when no one else is hiring!!!
Shop 51, Marine electrician (Current Employee), norfolk, VirginiaSeptember 2, 2014
coworkers are top hands, Management are clueless, priorities for Navel customers are ignored in lieu of supervisors own agenda.Always last minute, catching up. not much overtime. Logistics for materials needed is non-existant. Awesome insurance tho.
Supported Space system division Atlas/Titan program
Manufacturing Planner (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 31, 2014
Supported Space system division Atlas/Titan program. Team leader responsible for preparation of work instructions in MRPII/MACPAC and bill of material for the Atlas/Titan Centaur program and functioned as a checker in support of the planning department work with Detail Parts machining, heat treat process, and tool design.
Intriguing group of products to build and manage throughout military vehicle lifecycle.
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Sterling HeightsAugust 29, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was working to save people lives.
productive and fun
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sandy, UTAugust 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Make sure satisfied the consumers the best way possible. I learned that you have to work hard to accomplish and succeed in whatever you are doing.Management was overall really organized. My co-workers were the best helped out in whatever they could and were really friendly and supportive. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with The Marketplace – more... website technical difficulties; having to put customers on hold so we can see if we were able to do it on the website if not we would have to do the alternative application.The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the consumers getting their insurance and hearing all the kudos from happy and satisfied consumers. – less

About General Dynamics

Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of – Read more

General Dynamics Photos