General Dynamics
1,050 reviews

General Dynamics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJanuary 21, 2015
Took complaints against big businesses. Best part was working with the customers
work flow
Call Agent (Former Employee), salt lake cityJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good lunches
Cons: short breaks
Took calls for health insurance. help people enroll. Did application for people.
Good company lacking benefits.
DSESTS Operator/M1 Abrams Tank Technician (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Cons: lack of benefits; for most full time employees
Management was great. I enjoyed working with everyone in different fields. Work environment was great and I enjoyed working overtime.
Very Busy and Educating
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Salt Lake City,UTJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: a variety of food served in their huge cafeteria
Cons: short breaks
Took incoming calls on Health Care Enrollment. I learned how to enroll customers for Health Care and affordable plans for every family member that they had. I learned how every states Health Care is different policies an procedures by law. My co-workers were great and helpful. The hardest part of my job was going through a whole application that sometimes took 2 hours, and not having it go through because of a website malfunction. The best part was being able to help customers get Health Care that has never had before.
it is not the best place to work
Customer service rep (Former Employee), houston txJanuary 15, 2015
n/a I refuse to comment on this company not a company that a lot of people in Houston would go back too it wasn't a great company and the things that they do are all about the company they could care less about there employees
excalent
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2015
this place was a wonderful place that cared about there employes and really wanted u to exceed in life
very good place to work in
Costumer Service (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: company understands your needs
SUPERVISORS AND HR ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO TALK TO

YOU, A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK IS FUN AND SECURE IT FEELS

LIKE YOU ARE AT HOME, MANAGEMENT IS VERY SECURE

EVERYTHING IS EXCELLENT. I HAVE LEARNED A LOT IN THIS COMPANY IT IS VERY HELP FULL THEY ARE VERY COMPREHENSIVE BY ANY EMPLOYERS DECISIONS
Established company with diverse careers
Aircraft Radome Fabrication (Current Employee), Marion, VAJanuary 14, 2015
Opportunities for diverse careers with strong focus on engineering and government contracts.
great training at this company
Medicare inbound call center representative (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Cons: temporary position
there were great training done at this company. The hours that were available to work were very good as well. Unfortunate that the job is only temporary
Too much micro managing.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chester, VAJanuary 13, 2015
If you do not mind being micro managed, you may love this job. You must report your ever move as if you are in a prison detention camp. You must do training videos and provide screen shoots from video before you begin work each day. All training videos have to be screen shotted to verify that it was completed. They don't accept verbal confirmation
OK the last time i played the other person was'en doing too good
Electrician Jrounyman (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: foot long b.l.t. subway
Cons: take as need it "safety first"
be ready to start a good day,safety comes first,organize a date ahead,all there an ready,completing work assignment,that my crew and, I came off the ship an are going home to our love one.
Challenges with a pleasant experience
mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: the company i would love to stay in
Cons: i only wish i could feel more stable in job security
It was the first time that I had the privilege to experience working on a Stryker and it was exciting. My peers were helpful and welcoming and I feel as I was a valuable asset to the team.
Thru this company I was able to experience my first deployment overseas and returned feeling accomplished.
Operations Manager BCRC-Call Center I (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: open door policy, good work enviroment, friendly staff
I collaborate with senior manager and manager to meet service level, financial, and other program goals; including development of supervisors and CSRs. Proactively engage and interact positively with all team members, particularly with CSRs and program staff. Plan, control, and report on production activities to include establishing priorities for resources; resolve production conflicts, escalate technical issues, and participate in resolving any employee issues (attendance, performance, professionalism, etc.). I ensure all production standards and service goals are met by each supervisor. Lead project efforts to identify, analyze and implement efficiencies that contribute to increased productivity. Review, approve, and sign timecards on time. Ensure all supervisors are following and completing all ETS timekeeping responsibilities on time. Communicate and enforce program standards such as Quality Control, Attendance, Schedule Adherence, Security, Secure Floor (COR), etc. Promote Open Door environment and drive a healthy, open culture that immediately addresses employee concerns/complains, and minimizes such events by continuously improving the workplace culture. Assist in the evaluation of the effectiveness of training based upon formal and informal feedback from program staff, customers, and end users. Assist with screening/interviewing of new hires, addressing employee performance issues and providing input to employee performance evaluations. Actively work to develop strong working relationships with all call center personnel, including adjusting and/or changing your and – more... their behaviors as needed to achieve desired results. I sit in cross-site calibration session with supervisors and monthly session with client. Perform other duties as assigned, mostly filling administrative functions and leading activities to ensure smooth operations of the call center. Demonstrated ability to build and lead teams while building strong, positive working relationships with a variety of partners in a call center environment required. High level of initiative and enthusiasm demonstrated in the achievement of challenging goals while building staff loyalty, including creative problem-solving and developing staff to build bench strength, required. – less
What an adventure
Mechanic II (Current Employee), Fort Lewis, WashingtonJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits with excellent opportunities to travel.
Cons: not going to spend a lot of time at home.
Normal working hours are from 7:30-4:30, however there is no such thing as a typical day at work. Every day moves according to the mission of the army. In combat environments damaged vehicles can come in for repair at any time of night and we must be ready to respond. I have learned the importance of working to perfect team efficiency, and strategies necessary to provide the best service for our customer at the lowest cost. I've had the opportunity to travel to many exotic locations throughout the world. Though many were hostile, all were rewarding. The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable part of the job. It's hard, tough, dirty work but the team jumps in and gets the job done. The result and the reward is the added safety of the soldier riding in our machine.
Good place to work if you are friends with the boss!
Principal Training Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: lots of money, great shift
Cons: backstabbers, good 'ol boy club, showed favoritism
After ten years I was laid off due to budget cuts. The only people that were retained were the friends of the manager. The managers showed a lot of favoritism and sexism. There were no females that were retained on site after the lay offs. A lot of backstabbing and numerous illegal and unethical acts were committed by higher officials. The money was great but if you value your sense of worth, do not get a job with them. This company only cares about making money, they do not care about those working for them.
GD is a great place to work at.
Test Engineer II (Current Employee), Longview, TXJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: great place to work at
Cons: need more challenges.
A typical day was to make sure all workcells are testing and running at all times.
What I have learned in GD is prioritizing job tasks.
Management is awesome.
Co-workers are great to work with.
The hardest part of the job is nothing.
The most enjoyable part of the job is coming every morning to work with our team memebres and management.
Excellent work environment
Director, Government Relations (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours
A great place to work. Benefits go beyond most typical corporate companies, such as healthcare, flexible benefits and and easy working environment.
Good company to work for if you are willing to travel and relocate
Mechanic 1 (Current Employee), Cambridge Springs, PAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: good pay and benifits
Cons: contract job and will be ending soon
Great job if you like to travel, you can see many different places. You work on military equipment. The work environment is clean, and your tools are provided. You get to work on all types of systems, electrical, fuel, pneumatic, exhaust, and suspension systems. All trouble shooting and parts ordering are done with the use of a computer.
workplace
CSR (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJanuary 9, 2015
Working for this company made me learn more about insurance and the affordable care act.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), North Kingstown, RIJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: working hours
Worked in the QA Records Department, Purchasing Department and Receiving Department. Data Entry.

About General Dynamics

Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of – Read more

General Dynamics Photos