General Dynamics

General Dynamics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Tampa FlOctober 15, 2014
working at general dynamics was a great pay compensation, i learned to assist and have patience with ederly, management could of been better, the job wasnt hard at all, the team work was the most enjoyable part of the job and the potlucks
Poor management and no leadership
RF TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 13, 2014
Pros: pay was good
Cons: no good leadership from management
poor management, no leadership. Never knew who was our real supervisor, many internal conflicts between supervisors and co-workers.
Overall good place to work
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee), London, KYOctober 12, 2014
The work itself is rather mentally exhausting. Provides good benefits and is flexible with attendance. Not a very stable position, constantly doing lay offs and rehires, doesn't really matter if you are full time or not.
Great experience
Human Factors Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Savannah, GAOctober 11, 2014
Great experience

Very educational

Lots to learn

Very political
N/A
Benefits Compensation HRIS - MRG (Former Employee), Charleston, SCOctober 10, 2014
Very good company that has ethical hiring practices and promotes work life balance
Medium Company with room to grow
Unix/Linux Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, VAOctober 9, 2014
Medium Company with room to grow, able to acquire new skills by taking classes provided by the company through third party. Able to move into another position with ease.
Work Environment was interesting
Construction Field Supervisor (Former Employee), Bellevue WAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: contractors
Cons: nothing
Well I would work there again with the people I have met there.
I would work here again, given the oportunity
Advanced Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Crawfordville, FLOctober 8, 2014
Hard work was well rewarded
Long hard hours
I learned alot about quality systems
conflicting union issues
CNC operator (Former Employee), Saco, MEOctober 5, 2014
goverment/private sector pitting union members against each other making for difficult work enviroment
Always changin
Workforce management specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix AZOctober 5, 2014
General Dynamics has a lot of different divisions. Each one works different.
Productive fun work place
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLOctober 3, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment, safe work environment
Cons: temporary positions
Play Ping Pong during lunch breaks
friendly co-workers
helpful management
Excellent company to work for
Senior MST-Hardware Analyst (Former Employee), Suffolk, VAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: excellent management
Cons: contract was not renewed
This company looked out for their employees. They were very forthcoming with the information. The only down side was that they lost the contract I was on and I had to look for other employment
Productive and take incoming calls all day.
CSR (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSOctober 2, 2014
Taking inbound calls about health insurance and Medicaid.
Network Administrator
Help desk calls (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZSeptember 28, 2014
Setup Windows servers. Upgraded clients from Win9x to XP. Connected the clients to resources they needed. Resolved any issues with servers and clients.
I LOVED IT
Field Repair Team Leader (Former Employee), Ft. Lewis, WasingtonSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: found employment right away
General Dynamics is a fun and educational place to work. I learned how to work well with others. I enjoyed the travel opportunities. Beneifits are very good compared to other companies. The hardest part is the time spent away from family but it is all worth it in the end.

I would love to return to this company or one like it.
Learning but Rewarding Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lawrence, KSSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: understanding supervisors, incentives with earned time off
Cons: short breaks, drive
Answering calls about insurance plans to customers. I learned how to be more empathetic to ones needs and put myself in their shoes to realize it could be me in less than 30 years or sooner. I loved how my co workers and supervisors treated me because they worked as a family and was really understanding with situations. The hardest part of the job was – more... the drive from Topeka to Lawrence an with the weather its kind of hard with me previously being in a car accident. – less
Did not enjoy working at General Dynamics
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Waco, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: occasional free pizza for lunch
Cons: short breaks and lunches, to many rules
This is not a good company to work for. The only thing to enjoy is the pay. The supervisor are unhelpful. Upper management is unbearable. The only thing that they know how to do it lie and threaten their workers.
Productive and Enjoyable Job
SENIOR ENGINEERING PROCESSES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Aberdeen Proving GroundsSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: strong team work ethic.
Cons: none.
This was one of the best companies that I ever worked for. My co-workers and myself worked as a team. We worked hard to provide the best vehicle that we could possibly build. Yes there were times of tension when things weren't going as planned; however, we all put our heads together to see the job through with superior results. The most enjoyable part – more... of my job was working with people who cared about the product that we put out. There was pride in what we achieved. Knowing that you can work with a strong team makes the work and job enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was losing my job. That had nothing to do with the company, it was just Government cut backs. – less
Contracting at GDLS
Contract Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Ladson, SCSeptember 23, 2014
With the company relocating the development programs at Ladson, SC to Sterling Heights MI, the remaining staff and repositioned GD staff were very supportive. My knowledge of product design and of PTC Creo 2 supported the need to finalize designs and to support the need to generate documentation. The reward to have senior management recognize my efforts – more... and to assign difficult tasks which were time constrained showed my talent and versatility. My involvement lead to the redesign of the support structure for the control systems which managed a key new product feature and to design and integrate the interior armor protective shell.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. – less
Helping people to understand and choice healthcare
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London, KYSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: free healthcare for myself and my co-workers
Cons: sometimes having to tell people the cost of their healthcare
I normally worked a 8 hr shift and I would receive calls from people all over the USA that was interesting in learning about the Affordable Care Act and then I would do an application for them and help them enroll into a healthcare plan.

About General Dynamics

Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of – Read more

General Dynamics Photos