General Dynamics

General Dynamics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Only there for 4 months at the end of the contract
Server Admin\Exchange\Messaging Admin (Former Employee), Robins AFBApril 11, 2014
Only there for 4 months at the end of the contract. no good or bad notes to make
Excellent place to work. They treat their employee's with respect.
Administrator (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAApril 11, 2014
Contractor. Employed by GD but I was a contractor supporting another organization.
A good workplace that presents new challenges everyday.
Label Installer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 11, 2014
Pros: i work independently.
Cons: it can be dangerous and strenuous moving around the ship.
Install labels on different systems on different ships. I learned about different systems on ships and how they function independently and how they interact with other systems. Management tries to make you feel good. Coworkers are for the most part cooperative. The job becomes hard when the information you get are erroneous.
the most enjoyable part – more... of the job is when you finish ahead of time and your finished work look good. You're not stuck in one place and do the same thing all the time. – less
productive, great work place enviroment
Supervisor/Internal Support (Former Employee), Corbin, KYApril 10, 2014
Great place to work, job consist of mostly your customer service skills. But advancement is possible with good CSR skills and good attendance.
Productive and caring work place with weekly fun activities.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMApril 9, 2014
Pros: always had different activities and potlucks.
Cons: temporary employment
A typical day consist of taking calls from customers wanting to file complaints against financial companies and providing information about resources that can assist with foreclosure.
Great Opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chester, VAApril 8, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: irregular schedule
I really enjoyed my time here I have learned a lot about Health insurance and health systems.
Direct supervisor is great. Really good people working there.
Senior Configuration Management Analyst (Current Employee), Duluth, GAApril 8, 2014
Pros: experience is trusted. great manager.
Cons: culture change is difficult.
Lots of opportunity to show my experience and skills. CM is crucially needed. Culture change in progress.
Idk
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winchester, KYApril 8, 2014
It was a good place to work but the management wasn't all that good.
Fun environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Chester, VAApril 2, 2014
Pros: the salary
Cons: short lunch
A typical day at General Dynamics is half exciting and half boring. I have gained a lot of patience by working with this company. My co-workers are awesome. The hardest part of the job is informing people they do not qualify for a subsidy for health insurance. The most enjoyable part of the job is communication with different people everyday.
CSR-
CSR (Former Employee), Hattiesburg,MSApril 2, 2014
In-Bound Call Center for health Insurance, I love the work that I did and enjoyed being able to assist people.
Good work environment
Customer Service, Driver (Former Employee), Coralville, IAApril 2, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: family coverage is to high
I worked at General Dynamics full-time for a year. – I work for an good management team and great coworkers. GDIT has a very good job culture, job work / life balance, & good compensation.
Excellent company to work for
Welder (Former Employee), Quincy, MAApril 1, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: working in the cold
This position was production welding. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the completion of the ship. The hardest part of the job was the cold winters in New England.
Interesting place to work. It was rewarding because I was able to educate and help many people get insurance coverage
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chester, VAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: free health insurance
Cons: job location, overcrowded
It was a busy inbound call center, with extreme security procedures. I understand the elderly and disabled population a lot more. I learned so much about medication and social security. The process of aging and the importance of healthcare coverage was paramount.
good place to work
Senior Deskside Support and Hardware Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 31, 2014
Pros: everyone easy to work with
Liked working there with good people doing a very important mission.
Assisting consumers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chester, VAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: work day goes by fast, and schedule is nice
Cons: no yearly raises
Typical day is usually back to back calls helping consumers. Learned to have patience and about health insurance. Management seems to help out with any issues or concerns. Co-workers make the day go by fast. THe hardest part of the job is dealing with consumers who are upset. The most enjoyable part of day is being able to feel like you have helped – more... someone when they feel like there is no hope. – less
Fun, Easy workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), waco,txMarch 30, 2014
Work was very productive, hardly able to talk constantly reading scripts and catching up on what was new.
Geat Benefits and Co-Workers
Engineering Specialist (Former Employee), VirginiaMarch 27, 2014
Pros: benefits, co-workers and 9/80 work week
Cons: communication
The benefits at GD are great! In addition to vacation time we also received ample personal and sick leave. The benefits packages provided are inexpensive and the 401K plan is well managed. For the most part GD is a good place to work however, the communication from management to the rest of the work force needs some work. The hardest part of working – more... at GD is the lack of communication and not receiving clear direction on what is expected of you. The most enjoyable aspect of working for GD has been the people I have met and the 9/80 work week. Everyone I have worked with over the years has proven to be extreamely helpful and knowledgeable. I developed a lot of good relationships with my co-workers. – less
Job
Customer Service Represent (Current Employee), hattiesburg, msMarch 26, 2014
Pros: computer skill
Cons: lay off
It was a learning experience, the job is good and get the bills paid.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Panama City, FL.March 26, 2014
Pros: benefits plus pay increase.
Cons: two 15 minute breaks plus one 30 minute lunch.
I deal with different types of people everyday, so I always have to make sure I have a positive attitude as soon as I walk in the door.
I've learned about Health Insurance and how it works and also how to help consumers enroll in coverage.
The management team is excellent.
I get along with all of my co-workers, we help each other and keep each other – more... focused.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the disappointment from the consumer if their plan isn't how they expected.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting my consumers enrolled and taken care of. – less
Nice work place
CSR (Former Employee), Winchester, KYMarch 25, 2014
A day work, We are always busy so it make time go by faster, my co workers are great. Management is great, they help you when they can. My co Workers are also great, Enjoyable part of the job and getting to talk to people in other states and meeting new people. I learned how Insurance works and how to use a computer more than i already knew.

About General Dynamics

Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of – Read more

General Dynamics Photos