General Dynamics

General Dynamics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced & fun work place.
Naval Ship Repair Material Manager (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: i make $23hr
Cons: no room to advance for at least 12 years
I started at Metro Machine three months after I separated from service, which was sold to General Dynamics along with three other companies. I like my job, but the opportunity for advancement has gone up in smoke due to the managers who have been at Earl Industries or Metro for 20+ years. I like the companies direction, but I have a skill set meant – more... for a management position.

My wife and I are from the Triad of N.C. We would like to move closer to home to be with aging family. This is the perfect opportunity to find employment until retirement and be able to move. – less
Fun work and lots of good people
Engineer (Current Employee), Sterling Heights, MIJuly 14, 2014
The work is good and the people are generally better. Just seems as though the defense industry is on the decline and the benefits keep getting reduced in some manner via frozen pensions, lesser match on 401k, frozen promotions. Doesn't seem like a stable place. Everything is based on government funding, so if it goes you go with it.
Productive and safe work place .
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches, healthcare
Cons: short breaks, parking
I learned a lot about the Affordable Care Act working at General Dynamics . I enjoyed assisting the consumers look for insurance and helping them find healthcare to better their lives.
Top notch place to work.
BMET2 (Former Employee), UtahJuly 13, 2014
A great learning experience. A gooid place to work. But just not making enough money and wife wanted to move back to the Midwest.
Great place to work but lay offs are frequent
Materials handler, Forklift driver (Former Employee), Lima, OHJuly 13, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: being laid off
General Dynamics was by far the best place I have ever been. They had a laid back attitude, but always successfully completely their tasks. The only thing bad about GD, was that I was laid off.
NOT AT ALL A COMPANY I WOULD RECOMMEND
Ombudsman Specialist (Former Employee), Coralville, IAJuly 13, 2014
Cons: improvement needed
I M P R O V E M E N T NEEDED.

MORE THAN HALF THEIR STAFF RELOCATED TO SEDGWICK CMS..
Good company
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Vannie VAJuly 12, 2014
Pros: good health plans
Cons: poor management
good company, good co-workers, okay management, worked with a lot of customers daily
Pretty good company
Electronics Technician (Module Test Dept.) (Former Employee), Rockaway, NJJuly 10, 2014
The company is nice and the work is good but the benefits aren't that great. The people are pretty nice as well.
Great company to work for.
Supervisor-Facilitated International Liaison (Former Employee), Troy, MI.July 10, 2014
Good pay, benefits, management. Great company. Enjoyed overseas travel.
Productive Work Enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bogalusa, LAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: benefits are great!
Cons: short breaks, short lunches
On a typical day at work, I am expected to be punctual. I use direct method to assist the consumer in gaining health insurance. I learned to deal with unhappy consumer by being optimistic.
Good people, decent company
Quality Specialist/Training (Current Employee), Sandy, UTJuly 9, 2014
Very nice people to work with, but some higher up political issues.
Too many inconsistancies in managment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London, KYJuly 8, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: inconsistancies in information
The new healthcare law made this job very stressful. No one ever knew for sure answers to many questions. The pay and benefits were very good though. My co-workers were equally as amazing. My manager did the best she could and I respected her for that. The hardest part of the job for me was the suicide call.
Productive Work Place
Customer Services Specialist (Former Employee), Houston,TxJuly 8, 2014
Working at General Dynamic allowed me to gain skill and knowlege in the medical filed .The company allowed me to grain knowlege with insurance inrollment process .
It is a safe place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Corbin, KYJuly 8, 2014
Pros: my team that i was on.
Cons: they have the point system and it is easy to lose your job because of medical issues.
I enjoyed doing my job at General Dynamics and done it well. I had a great team and really think we worked well together.
typical day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chester, VAJuly 7, 2014
I really enjoyed working there. The pay was good and the management was nice and helpful.
great
Security/Chauffeur (Former Employee), Springfield, VAJuly 7, 2014
Amazing corporation, the people were great and the atmosphere was good for me.
Great place to work when it competes.
Systems Integration Engineer (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIJuly 6, 2014
GDLS is a great place to work when it's an active competitor in the land systems defense market. It used to compete for new contracts and win work.
Hard working, very structured
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Sandy, UTJuly 6, 2014
Pros: good health care, fun coworkers
Cons: changing rules, angry consumers
General Dynamics isn't like any job I have ever done before. Its very structured, they have a lot of rules and are expected to be followed. This job is perfect for those who pay attention to detail and don't mind being very busy and in some cases having to find ways to entertain yourself.
Generally a good place to work .
Construction Supervisor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: home officed
Cons: poor health care plans
My day usually started with phone calls to the lead people of our many general contractors . Followed with site visits checking on job quality and job progress , always ensuring that the men where working safely . Interfacing with co-workers was always helpful for everyone involved when dealing with unforeseen issues . The hardest part of the job would've – more... been all the windshield time and hotels . But , meeting new people on the projects was always good . – less
Enjoyed working there
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 2, 2014
Pros: 401k and healthcare
Cons: had to travel
I enjoyed working for this company because I'm prior military I understand the importance of having working quality equipment.

About General Dynamics

Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of – Read more

General Dynamics Photos