General Dynamics

General Dynamics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
This job was very challenging.
Electrician Journeyman (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: good christmas vacations yearly
Cons: the "defense cuts".
Started as an apprentice - left as a journeyman. Learned numerous details about shipbuilding production as well as ship repair work.
great place to work
Train new employees, lead hand, repair welds (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 30, 2014
i would do something different almost everyday..the day seemed to go by quickly most days.. i learned alot about lavs..and how they work in the battle field..what they can do and how they protect the army personnel...my co-workers were great easy to get along with..the hardest part of job was repairing someones eleses work..the most enjoyable was the – more... paycheck.. – less
A process-driven workplace full of system engineers
Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 28, 2013
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: low morale
This used to be a descent workplace. Recent cutbacks have lowered the morale of the entire company.
When it rains it pours
Systems (Current Employee), OntarioOctober 16, 2013
Pros: overtime pay
Cons: long hours, low morale
A typical day involves most coworkers unhappily trudging through their workload as the hours are long. After 12 hour days, refusal to do more that day can result in being viewed by higher ups as "not a team player". The most enjoyable part of the job is the overtime pay, when it is given. Coworkers are great and are helpful digging through the trenches – more... with you, often supplying cards and treats when someone works themselves to sickness, but thanks from management is hollow. Constant talk of layoffs gives the coworkers nervous chuckles. – less
Company where people are friendly and work together to achieve the challenging work goals
Senior Component Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 14, 2013
Pros: the people work and interact great together.
Cons: work greatly influenced by outside contracts - or the lack of it
The company sets the goals high and through the combined effort of employees usually achieves them. It is a good place to work for.

In-house fitness programs and the gym right on-site. It is a good way to workout the stress.
Good Company - Many good people
Field Service Rep (Former Employee), Kingston, OntarioOctober 2, 2013
Very good company. I worked on a project that was managed in Calgary but located in Ontario. With Government budget cuts my position was cancelled. Excellent benefits, good salary and outstanding support from Staff managing travel, benefits, pay etc. Would love to work for GD again some day. Alot of special people.
32 Years with GD so very enjoyable place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: benefits, pension plan, well known company
I love working here and have been in Finance for the past 32 years. I would just like to find some part time work in a different setting such as retail in a store like Bouclair.
Fast paced defence organization
Data Transfer and Document Control Coordinator (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 21, 2013
working with engineers, government bodies and sub-contractors
Great people
Junior System Integration Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 7, 2013
Great people. Good work life balance.Great people. Good work life balance.Great people. Good work life balance.Great people. Good work life balance.Great people. Good work life balance.Great people. Good work life balance.Great people. Good work life balance.Great people. Good work life balance.
Above average work environment, delays in winning/awarding new contracts creates some job security uncertainty
ILS (Former Employee), OttawaNovember 9, 2012
Pros: compensation
Cons: long hours
Excellent compensation and benefits
work hard play hard attitude
at core is Engineering company
need to win to big contracts to keep system integration critical mass rolling
GDC is an excellent company. Employee support is outstanding
Senior Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 30, 2012
Pros: excellent employee support, outreach programs, good benefits and pension, supports employee welfare
Cons: very long hours
As a long term employee of General Dynamics, I feel I am in a position to give them a very positive and honest review. Through strong leadership, GDC has overcome many obstacles over the years to enable itself to thrive in the marketplace. Being recognized as a grandfather in hi-tech, it has built its reputation on quality products and delivery excellence.
They – more... have an outstanding employee support program that includes not only the financial benefits of their employees but the mental and physical attributes of their employees.
GDC has honorably earned 5 stars – less
Good Place to Work
Editor/Communications Analyst (Former Employee), Arlington, VAApril 18, 2014
Enjoyed working for the company. Great benefits. Some days were slower than others, more than I cared for there to be. That made the day go by slower. Overall, management were very helpful in getting issues resolved. Hardest part of the job was dealing with slow days.
Great place to work.
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAApril 18, 2014
Pros: activities, lots and lots of food days, you're able to have your phone out during work hours.
Cons: there aren't any that come to mind.
This is an all around great company to work for. Great work atmosphere, great people, continuous on the job education so that you're always up to date on the happenings of the company/office.
productive and diverse work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2014
Pros: own space, food to your desk day
Cons: short break
a typical day at work at General Dynamics is a constant flow of calls helping consumers enroll in health care. Answering all calls about healthcare, I learn many was as to help consumer having a bad day and how to calm down volatile callers. The management team was amazing and extremely helpful. My coworkers were very helpful they would do what they – more... can to help in any way and they never make you feel left out " One team one fight" The hardest part of my job is not being at my job! I enjoyed everyday being there everyday!! – less
Company bbq's
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Springfield, VAApril 15, 2014
Pros: up to an hour for lunch breaks
Cons: being on my feet all day
I was troubleshooting up 50+ Remedy tickets a day. There are around 10,000 users at the NGA, therefore I was always busy. I learned patience. My management was always available and my coworkers were always supportive. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet the whole day, but the most enjoyable portion was how quickly the day went by being – more... busy all the time. – less
Overall Good Company
Division Lead (Current Employee), Herndon VAApril 14, 2014
Overall company has good benefits and training opportunities.
taking inbound medicare calls
Customer Care Specialist/Medicare (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 13, 2014
On the phone all of your day breaks are 2 15s 1 30 and management very unprofessional
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lynn Haven, FLApril 11, 2014
Guest service agent for obama care.
management wasnt great.
pay was good.
didnt pay me on time.
Only there for 4 months at the end of the contract
Server Admin\Exchange\Messaging Admin (Former Employee), Robins AFBApril 11, 2014
Only there for 4 months at the end of the contract. no good or bad notes to make
Excellent place to work. They treat their employee's with respect.
Administrator (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAApril 11, 2014
Contractor. Employed by GD but I was a contractor supporting another organization.

1 2 3 4 5

About General Dynamics

Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of – Read more

General Dynamics Photos